#1 ccschoeman

ccschoeman

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:33 AM

Hi,

I'm a noob at c++ programming and I got a book from the internet: "Thinking in C++ Volume 2: Practical Programming". I'm at the concurrency part and it uses the zthread library (cause c++ don't have a standard thread library) and I downloaded it from the net. I'm working in windows (because I have to - not by choice) and I'm using Dev-Cpp as an IDE. Dev-Cpp 5 uses g++ 3.4.2 as the compiler. When I try to compile (using the instructions given - I can't use configure so I made a new project [static library] and added all the source files in src; also I added the include folder in the compiler options)
I got the error message:

In file included from ../ZThread-2.3.2/src/ConditionImpl.h:26,

from ../ZThread-2.3.2/src/Condition.cxx:24:
C:/programme/ZThread-2.3.2/include/zthread/Guard.h: In destructor `ZThread::Guard<LockType, LockingPolicy>::~Guard()':
C:/programme/ZThread-2.3.2/include/zthread/Guard.h:494: error: there are no arguments to `isDisabled' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `isDisabled' must be available
C:/programme/ZThread-2.3.2/include/zthread/Guard.h:494: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

make.exe: *** [../ZThread-2.3.2/src/Condition.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Is there anyone who can help me, please.
It will be highly appreciated.
Thanks to all reading my post.

#2 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:18 PM

As far as I know, ZThreads is a dead project. That is why we kill it off from Xenocide.

Greetings
Red Knight
Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:35 AM

O, I didn't know. Thank you a lot for taking me out of my pain. I appreciate it. Thanks

Reply to this topic