How Can I Download The Game

38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hunter_*

Guest_Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

I cannot download the game cause it is a torrent file and i dont have any program which is compatible with this downloadfile. When i try to download it with my browser it always asks me which proggy i shall use to download it. plz help me very soon it is important. i can't wait any longer. i finished all other good x-com games.

#2 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

somewhere on here we should have a place to download bittorrent, but try searching on the internet somewhere

this one isn't quite finished, so don't plan on playing a complete version for a while
Top Secret Xenocide Status report

BF2 Hackers =5SF= have busted
]sD[ Engageo <-- couldn't get him banned though, no screenshot of him ingame
]sD[Nomisser
an AK guy
The anti-logarithm of the logarithm of X plus the logarithm of Y equals X times Y, or 10^(logX + logY) = XY
Posted Image
I hate spider solitaire...

#3 Guest_Hunter_*

Guest_Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the fast help. I'm searching after X-Com Remakes which are very rare in the
Internet. Is here anyone who had the opportunity to experience one of this remakes? I would realy appreciate it if anyone could give me an url :)

#4 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:28 PM

BitTorrent clients:
Azureus
BitLord
Shareaza

#5 kickerpk

kickerpk

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:56 PM

can you upload it to an ftp, for those of us who are not bittorrent fan but still fans of xcom?

oh yeah, if you are planing to sell xenocide how much it's going to cost and when are you planing to put it for sell. ?-)

#6 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:14 PM

I suggest you read the documentation site more carefully

docs.projectxenocide.com

#7 kickerpk

kickerpk

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:06 PM

docs.projectxenocide.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't find anything about your final release. Would you be kind just to say? ;)

Regards Kicker

PS How do you expect any donations, if people who don't use bit torrent can even see your product?

#8 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

docs.projectxenocide.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't find anything about your final release. Would you be kind just to say? ;)

Regards Kicker

PS How do you expect any donations, if people who don't use bit torrent can even see your product?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The answer is pretty much everywhere, had you really looked for it, I suggest you look for "Open Source" in Wikipedia.

And regarding BitTorrent:

BitTorrent can be used by software developers who want to ease the bandwidth strain on their servers. If a developer offers a large file for download, the bandwidth limit of their server may be exceeded if a large number of people download the file. By offering the file via BitTorrent, they transfer much of the bandwidth burden to downloaders of the file. For example, the demo of the flight sim X-Plane is offered via BitTorrent, as well as the World of Warcraft ingame patches.

#9 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are not making releases to convince people to donate money. That is not the purpose of the game.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#10 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:26 PM

Bittorrent is free. So is the game.

sorry

Edited by Blood Angel, 21 November 2005 - 10:42 AM.

#11 kickerpk

kickerpk

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:29 AM

Well, I didn't mean to upset anyone really, so let's just forget it.

Have a good day, night, game, sex ;)

#12 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

No one is upset, please don't mind Blood Angel's reply, but next time, please read the FAQ and Documentation Site.

#13 Guest_Ebony Black_*

Guest_Ebony Black_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:41 AM

hi I'm sorry about this but where can i download the game from i dont mind if its not finished thank you loads it looks real cool :) ^_^

#14 Preda

Preda

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

hi I'm sorry about this but where can i download the game from i dont mind if its not finished thank you loads it looks real cool  :)  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't download the unfinished version. You'll just have to wait.

By the way, good day everyone, first post here.

#15 Ebony Black

Ebony Black

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:50 AM

Pitty but ok I dont mind it gives me something to look forward to thanx :)

#16 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

Sure you can download an unfinished version! This is what the Progess releases are for. Try this one: http://www.projectxe...ase.653.torrent - you'll need a Bittorrent client like Azureus ( http://sourceforge.n...ojects/azureus/ )

---Edit---

By now the progress release 728 is out. Please have a look at http://docs.projectx...ess_Release_728 or download it directly from:
http://www.projectxe...ate.728.torrent

Edited by Mad, 22 November 2005 - 02:58 AM.

Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#17 Ebony Black

Ebony Black

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:44 AM

Thanx Mad :D

#18 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:26 AM

Thanx Mad  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome! :)
(As well as you're welcome to contribute! :D Be welcome to look around and see if you could have fun working on this - together with the rest of us! Feel free to PM me any time. )
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#19 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:58 PM

In fact, if you're bored sometime, you can also PM Mad :P
Depressed? Tired? Hungry? PM Mad! :D

#20 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or, maybe best, just PM Az! He is the dept head, and is the best person to ask about anything. Plus he often feels very lonely, so cheer him a little up folks! :P :NyaNyaNya:
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#21 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or, maybe best, just PM Az! He is the dept head, and is the best person to ask about anything. Plus he often feels very lonely, so cheer him a little up folks! :P :NyaNyaNya:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't feel lonely :sorry: I have a cute girl to make me feel happy, thank you Mad :P

Edited by Azrael, 23 November 2005 - 01:36 PM.

#22 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't feel lonely :sorry: I have a cute girl to make me feel happy, thank you Mad :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG :cussing:

---Edit---

Oh, and the public prosecution service asks the high court to accept these two links as evidence A and B
A: http://www.xcomufo.c...ndpost&p=138853
B: http://www.xcomufo.c...ndpost&p=138696

:NyaNyaNya:

---Edit---
Oh, wait, maybe I should put a more appropriate smiley... more like :devillaugh:
:P

Edited by Mad, 23 November 2005 - 01:51 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#23 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:37 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

---Edit---

Oh, and the public prosecution service asks the high court to accept these two links as evidence A and B

---Edit---
Oh, wait, maybe I should put a more appropriate smiley... more like :devillaugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was depressed about college, you idiot :P http://www.xcomufo.c...=3848&st=15190#

And yeah, I miss the times when the forums were full of activity ^_^

#24 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:44 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

---Edit---

---Edit---

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was depressed about college, you idiot :P http://www.xcomufo.c...=3848&st=15190#

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I knew... :rolleyes: But it was worth trying... :P
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#25 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:44 PM

Germans... :OhBrother:

:laugh:

#26 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:47 PM

Germans... :OhBrother:

:laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got me... :D I surrender :P

Edited by Mad, 23 November 2005 - 02:47 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#27 Ebony Black

Ebony Black

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

ROFL :D LOL Very funny xXx

Edited by Ebony Black, 02 December 2005 - 02:46 PM.

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

It would be nice if we could download it without aving to use Bittorent-type programs.
I know that ppl like bittorent because it share while you download but that's just the problem.

I am not allowed to share stuff because if I do my ISp will reduce my connection speed.
Why not just put it on an ftp or even in a normal zip-file that ppl can download instead of using bittorent?

Anyway ppl who use ISP pandora-telenet (belgium) are punished if they share (upload-limitation) so i don't want to use torrent files.
Any suggestion?

#29 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

BitTorrent clients:
Azureus
BitLord
Shareaza

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's one suggestion, DON'T use BitLord. Basically, the programmers took the source code from BitComet, tacked on a lot of errors which crash your computer, ruin the look of the interface, and posted ads for it everywhere. If you must, use BitComet, although I for one think Azureus is better.
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.

#30 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

I am not allowed to share stuff because if I do my ISp will reduce my connection speed.
Why not just put it on an ftp or even in a normal zip-file that ppl can download instead of using bittorent?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, that you might have aproblem here... But if you just want to download, then configure your Vittorrent client not to upload anything, or at least not to upload that much. That would avoid your problems. I'm sorry, that seems to be the only sollution I can tell you.
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#31 jeroen

jeroen

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:52 AM

It would be nice if we could download it without aving to use Bittorent-type programs.
I know that ppl like bittorent because it share while you download but that's just the problem.

Anyway ppl who use ISP pandora-telenet (belgium) are punished if they share (upload-limitation) so i don't want to use torrent files.
Any suggestion?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are programs (like DUSuperController) that allow you to limit the upload from other programs... That way you can use Azureus,.. without uploading (too much, never put the limit to 0 or your program won't work...)

I hope this helped,

Greetz,
... B)

#32 Level

Level

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:14 AM

GetRight can now download Bittorent files.

I have a problem that there is nobody that has it online when I can download it.
In a 3D world is there a diferance between these: bdpq|\-/?

#33 leila

leila

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

Hi

I noticed the game, and downloaded it, but it seems that the latest update is not in the download section on the main page ^^; i dont know if this is intentional, but still wanted top let you guys know.

#34 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Thanks leila, updated the downloads section.

#35 Guest_cc_*

Guest_cc_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

Sorry if this is an ignorant question (don't wan't to fan any flamers), but is the torrent compiled or will I need to do that?

THX

#36 guyver6

guyver6

Captain

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

No, there will be no flames at all... :flamethrower:

It's precompiled release. No need to have anything else. :)

Cheers,
Guyver
Posted Image
Sourceforge: guyver6
LinkedIn: Andrzej Haczewski
"A good business idea, they say, can be explained in one sentence. Similarly, each program entity should have one clear purpose."

Join #xenocide at irc.freenode.net.

#37 Guest_Ygurr_*

Guest_Ygurr_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

Hi

I've tried the earlier PR's and they are looking great

Just wondering if there has been a PR after 728

Thanks

#38 kafros

kafros

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

The latest is 112x or so, but I think that they are not published anymore

#39 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:02 AM

I've tried the earlier PR's and they are looking great

Just wondering if there has been a PR after 728

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks you appreciate our work! :)
There are no new progress releases for the time beeing. This is for a simple reason: Previous progress releases have been mistaken for playable betas, which caused a lot of confusion. This is why we are waiting until the next Milestone before we release another PR. However, you are welcome to compile Xenocide from the SVN repository yourself. The programmers guide in the wiki explains how.
Please feel free to contact me through the forum PM if you have any questions left.

Best wishes

Mad

Edited by Mad, 30 May 2006 - 05:03 AM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

Reply to this topic