XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo: Extraterrestrial Gameplay Vid

Sir Crashalot

http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/

Head to the downloads section and select a mirror, you may have a bit of a wait depending on how busy the mirror is but I only had to wait a few mins. :)

From watching it, it looks to be very faithful to the first two Xcom games. =b

I watched one team get almost wiped out when trying to leave the ship, so I hope they have a smoke grenade equivalent. :P

Very nice, I always thought the game was 2d isometric but after watching the vid it seems like there's perspective in action, very cool. One thing I didn't particularly like about the graphics were the weapon effects, but otherwise I enjoyed them. Graphics, gameplay and soundscape felt close to the original. :)

I hope they'll release a demo!

The difference is subtle enough for me, it's not like UFO:AM where you can rotate the camera about wildly. It works well enough to add some depth to the battlescape while retaining the more traditional point of view. But as for true isometric, this game isn't it.

I need to get my mittens on the game before I can tell for certain though. :)

Guest Azrael

If you like X-Com, you have to watch this video, I swear this one has X-Com written all over it, nothing like Aftermath and Aftershock (good games on their own but despite strong resemblances they are nothing like X-Com).

I loved it.

Edited by Azrael

Guest Azrael
Yup, the explosion and acid effects are lame, considering that the rest of the effects look nice enough, but I don't think it'll bother any X-Com fan, considering how used we all are to the blocky X-Coms.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a nice game.

Gameplay of XCom1 put into a new graphical engine, combined with the fresh ideas of some artists.

I like the snakeman type aliens that they have created. I don't like the overdone futuristic look of some weapons and armor, but that is just my taste.

Seeing this, it took some of my courage away to continue on my UFO3D project...

Edited by TomVD

Looks like a nice game.

Gameplay of XCom1 put into a new graphical engine, combined with the fresh ideas of some artists.

I like the snakeman type aliens that they have created. I don't like the overdone futuristic look of some weapons and armor, but that is just my taste.

Seeing this, it took some of my courage away to continue on my UFO3D project...

Well, the futuristic look is because it's set in the future, the game doesn't even take place on Earth, it takes place on planet Esperanza.