XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART - Pistol

Vaaish

[quote name='Breunor' date='Jun 4 2003, 12:38 PM']I'd like to check them out, but I can't open max files. Sad but true :crying: . Could you edit the previous post with a zip file containing them in 3ds format when possible? 3ds is the supported format. If you can't and someone else can open and convert them, please contact Vaaish about emailing the files back to him. One of things we don't want is for people to open an artist's model, change it, and resubmit it as a second file, even for this purpose. The only time you should be making changes for something other than your own models is when the artist gives you permission to do so. The artist should then be sent the file to resubmit it as the original attachment, replacing the previous one with a note in the post stating this IMO.

As to the list of items gambino, pick whatever you like.  Even with the general idea of an item, different artists might design the same thing differently enough that we can say, I like this part of yours, and that part of the other one. What would they look like together?" That type of thing. So pick whatever catches your fancy. :D[/quote]
Unfortunately I don't have MAX installed to convert them. I just rememberd I had them and they hadn't been used for anything since the other project went under a couple of years ago.

If anyone can convert the max files be my guest.

Very nice model Gambino, only suggestion I have would be to replace the site with a more OICW one.

• 1 month later...
The polycount for the OICW: 2350
The polycount for the SOCOM: 2593

None of these models are complete, they are just bases which will be further built on.

And here is a zipped file containing the .3ds files for the SOCOM and the OICW.

• 2 weeks later...
Both those models look really good, I'll get the 3ds files up on the assetlist when I get a chance. Let me know when there are updates or you have the final ones complete.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, some more work on the SOCOM. Mostly the additions of more or less correct smoothing groups, and some work on the front of the gun (thanks for the help Kenshiro).

Now, the SOCOM totals at 2651 polygons. Should I use the remaining 349 to model the safetycatch and the other levers not feutured on this model? Or is it fine this way and I can use the remaining to add extra detail to the general form?

The socom looks complete to me. Very nice work Cubik. Does the texture Drewid made for it still fit, or does the mapping need to be tweaked at this point?

Slide: back. Now, there are some things that should be corrected. The pin (or what you call it) is stuck to the slide and the hatch where the brass gets thrown out is also modeled with the slide. It's not hard to fix, I just wonderd if I should bother with it. Are we going to use fully animated models in the Ufopedia, or just rotations?

[quote name='Cubik' date='Aug 14 2003, 09:38 AM']Slide: back. Now, there are some things that should be corrected. The pin (or what you call it) is stuck to the slide and the hatch where the brass gets thrown out is also modeled with the slide. It's not hard to fix, I just wonderd if I should bother with it. Are we going to use fully animated models in the Ufopedia, or just rotations?[/quote]
I believe just rotations.

• 4 months later...
For those new to the area, our current status on these 2 models are: the socom pistol is modeled and textured, the OICW rifle is modeled but not textured. If anybody wants to texture it let me know, you can even post a texture here and we can map it on.