XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART - XCAPs

demich

ok.. what I emant would be to maybe round the back of the gun mount so it wasn't square: so it comes to more out a half sphere oon the back instead of flat. basically just change teh shapeofthe mount so it was just a box... maybe makethe back a little taller vertically than the front of the mount.

[code] ____________
/         ____ /
\______/[/code]

I think that we get a good range with the turret as it is.

I;m not surewhat you mean about how to submit.... basically each part that moves needsto be a separate object.... the cannon, turret base, and chasis. but all 3 parts need to be in a single file. Edited by Vaaish

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I have modified the weapons some to try and make them look cooler... I know that there is a craft laser model out there that looks good but my version of it was lacking so I just remodeled it... I will try and make the pivot points right... soon... I am still new to how lightwave exports the .3ds file format.

I am going to be out on field exercise for the Air Force for about a week... so I will get back with you then...

-Eamon

---Happy Holidays---

good job, the cannon and Rocket XCAP weaopnry looks god, but I think we need to make the diameter of the laser one a little thicker so it doesn't look as breakable as well as following the look of the craft laser a bit more closly and I think we can call these finished.

I do not have a way to assign pivot points to "parts" in lightwave only "layers" and the .3ds exporter will only export one layer... I am researching this more but have found no answers. If you can assign pivot points in max for me that would be great...

The models are finished (that is if you like the laser weapon)

So here are the .3ds files (with only one pivot point) please let me know if you have any problems importing/manipulating them in Max.

-Eamon

[quote name='eamon' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:32 PM']I do not have a way to assign pivot points to "parts" in lightwave only "layers" and the .3ds exporter will only export one layer... I am researching this more but have found no answers. If you can assign pivot points in max for me that would be great...

The models are finished (that is if you like the laser weapon)

So here are the .3ds files (with only one pivot point) please let me know if you have any problems importing/manipulating them in Max.

-Eamon
[right][post="140582"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

we can definately assign them in max. and how you exportedthat test one came through perfect.

the laser cannon on there looks much better. when I pulled the files up I noiced a couple minor problems though.

The the curgs on the front and back of th treads needs to be more rounded. these things are diven by wheel like sprockets so it needs to look like there is a wheel there that its lying on. simple fix, just make a cylinder in the side view to use a guide to make the radii on the front and back of the tracks match up to a circle.

the last tweak is that the back of the laser cannon mount is a little longer than I expected... pull it in a bit more so that the back is about 1/2 the lenth of the barrel and front of the mount. everything else looked great. Edited by Vaaish

I will work on it and get back to you... how are the model I just posted?

Edit (I did not see your post)

Here are the fixed tanks... let me know if there is anything eles... and if I got the size of the laser right?

You know what's funny... after I re-modeled the treads I came out with allot less tri-gons??? now the rocket tank is only 1844!

-Eamon Edited by eamon