XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART-Xenocide Logo

Fatal_Error

Hey Dipstick, it actually looks quite nice with that tone, like gunmetal of sorts. IMO putting more color to it would be a bad thing.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Neon colors would probably ruin the whole logo :D
Metallic look is cool.

Yup, you just have to import the 3ds, then save the file. I should be able to animate in a bit, have to make sure it's cetered perfectly on the origin and also get the joints on the origin. With a little patience animating in milkshape isn't too bad, just move bits, take a key, more then some more, take another key, etc. I have the static verison up and running, so I'll add animation when I get a chance.

• 1 year later...
I am using Carrara Pro 4. I really love its interface and its features. Is there a way I can work with that for the project?

Edit: It may not be the according thread, but people were talking about import/export plugins etc. And, carrara isn't mentioned much on the Internet, no tutorials, no plugins, so I though you may know the way :P Edited by kafros

unfortunately, all your platfrom can be used to do is create the models not texture. we are doing all final prep in 3ds MAX to keep things standard.

I've been exploring Carrara and reading it's help file, and I dare to notice dear Vaaish that it is a FULL production suite. You can model, texture, apply Inverse Kinematics, use skeletons, physics, everything you may need. Have a look at these screenshots
[attachment=7361:attachment]
[attachment=7362:attachment]

Edit:
[url="http://www.designertoday.com/tabindex-4/tabId-66/itemid-1735/DesktopDefault.aspx"]Make a butterfly! Model-Texture[/url] Edited by kafros

I don't doubt that you CAN texture model and animate in it... the issue is not whether or not you can, the issue is getting it into 3d Studio MAX after you do that w/o losing the uv coords, bones, or skin weighting. Since most of the art department uses max, we set that as the standard platform that all art must be submitted in the .max format. now if you can texture and can import them into max without any issues then go ahead.

yes they are different, but .3ds files are ok. Be warned that some exporters don't save the UV coords in the 3ds even though 3ds files support them. however the final finished model ready for export and archiving needs to be in .max format. Edited by Vaaish