XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I did not see this anywhere but what about incorperating somewhere down the road the sonic weapons from TFTD and the disrupter weapons from apoc?

When playing Starsiege, you have different types of armor to choose from, one is great for ballistic and explosive attacks but energy weapons tear it apart. Another is good for energy weapons but ballistic cuts through like a hot knife through butter.

This would give the aliens more variety in their choice of weapons. Then you could have more types of armor. Disrupter armor would be more useful against disrupter weapons and half as affective against the others. Same for the sonic weapons. Instead of having a basic all powerful armor, this could keep the player guessing and not give the player the upper hand once they have the flying armor. This way, you would have to rely more on stratagy when you find out you find out you have the wrong armor and, if the aliens get armor, the wrong weapons.

The aliens could adapt what they bring to combat based on what you commonly use. If you use a certain type of weapon a lot, they would most likely use the armor that resists it. If you use a type of armor a lot, they won't use the weapon the armor is suited for, but everything else.

Something that to me would add a new dimension to the game play.

Edited by Anglachel

Could we also incorporate a Super Armor...you would have needed to research all of the above and a last ingredient to make them all bond together...I like anglachel's idea...anything to add more strategy thinking to the game is a plus...good idea

Could we also incorporate a Super Armor...you would have needed to research all of the above and a last ingredient to make them all bond together...I like anglachel's idea...anything to add more strategy thinking to the game is a plus...good idea

I personally don't like a super armor thing because once you reach a certain point in the game, it starts to become too easy. That is what happens when I get the heavy plasma and flying armor, I just go around and blast all the aliens with no problem, using two or three guys (which end up with over 100% aimed accuracy). I would like to see, even if all the technology is researched, that something still forces you to implement battle tactics. That is more of the point of this suggestion, I start to lose interest when it becomes too easy and redundant to go on missions that I restart the game and start all over. I still want the challenge to remain throughout the game till the end.

Edited by Anglachel

OK FINE... :crying: ...just kidding...well if you want balance you could make it so that the Super Armor creates a draw back in another category like movement or THE DREADED......................BRAVERY....... :o ...although the movement thing would be more practical

The technology of the super armor could drive the wearer insane like the zero system in Gundam Wing?

EVEN BETTER!!!!!.....Then I would strap a Blaster Launcher on him and send him in a room full of aliens......that is when he's just about to go Insane

Actually, most Gundam pilots are actually a little dizzy up there.

With regards to armor, how about armor that protects from everything but only in the levels of mediocrity? I prefer being protected even just a little from all sides rather than have heavy armor up front to protect my naked rear end.

varied sounds nice, but if you think about it, armor really does nothing at all... all you need is 30 armor and you can live through anything, here let me explain. armor is shuckeroonies... if you get hit with a heavy plasma, the armor takes, errr, lets say... 4 damage at most? 4 out of 120? thats rediculus, and out of that 4 armor taken, your hp is reduced to 20... i say, a plasma hit should take atleast half of your armor and reduce attack by 3/4. i was testing armor on mutants. to test what i did was i shot them up dawg with my HUMON rifles and once their armor went to zero they started taking like 2 or 3 times the normal damage, but it takes forever to do that. and one or two shots take them down with plasma... armor really is pointless... though, i do notice higher survival rate between personal armor and power/flying suits. i have no idea what there doing.

Power suits keep your guys alive a lot longer than pers-armor or those cute little white jumpsuits. Especially at short range. For some reason, my guys seem to take a lot less damage when an alien pops out of a door and shoots him point blank then when one of my guys gets cut down from really far away. That's just my experience anyways.

I would imagine that the game gives some sort of an extra bonus when wearing power suits or flying suits, since they're at least twice as good as pers-armor. Still, no armor in the world is gonna save you from a good ol' fashioned blaster bomb. :explode:

Armor tends to be a very random element within the game. Sometimes it takes 5 shots with plasma guns to bring down a Muton(oh i hate those big green MF's), and other times one shot sends them to that big Muton Heaven in the sky...

Same goes for our troops, plus tanks especially...I've seen tanks(hover or cheapos)take hit after hit and hang in there, and sometimes one clean shot and BOOM...another 500k down the toilet(and maybe elerium too...that's the worst). I guess it's just a touch of realism...shots that hit a certain way just dent or scratch a tank, but if you hit in just the right spot... :rock:

I guess that's what I meant. Armor might or might not save you. The best defense is still not to get hit. in fact, just to make a challenge for myself, i'd kill cydonia of with nothing more than conventional weapons, and without armor. So armor in that case isn't that essential. The way you play the game is all.

that would explain why i get full autoed on and not a scratch :huh?: probly just some coding glitch, seriously, ive had my tank sit there, and get pounded by mutons on a battleship mission from off screen, and im like, great my tank probly has 6 hp now, and i see it has 100 percent. and yet, i saw the plasma hit it. silly silly game.

...i see it has 100 percent.  and yet, i saw the plasma hit it.  silly silly game.

thats no glitch, the armour numbers arent like hitpoints, the higher the number the more likley it is to reduce a higher percentage of damage that you would have taken.

just had a thought to balence the flying armour a bit, it should lower your accuracy if your firing from in the air

Just like in apoc. I am pretty sure it was in that. I find it funny, a remake of the first xcom and I am seeing elements wanting to be added from apoc. The game play of the first with the advanced features of the third. ^_^

well, it was a mistake for them not to reduce the aim in the beginning, it seems that the anti g is created from the back or something? so this would mean no leg support, this would mean you would have a really hard time aiming

Just like in apoc.  I am pretty sure it was in that.  I find it funny, a remake of the first xcom and I am seeing elements wanting to be added from apoc.  The game play of the first with the advanced features of the third. ^_^

It's called learning from their mistakes...take all the good and leave out the bad... :D