XCOMUFO & Xenocide

They're Talking About Us

Guest Azrael Strife

Yeah, well I happen to be proud of our pretty globe, buddy! :) But, from what I've seen, AI is coming along quite nicely. The music is pretty cool, too. With a little time, they'll have quite a game on their hands.

But hey, Xenocide's doing just as well, I think. Goes to show what a bunch of X-Com fans can do, huh?

A copy of the post I just left at UFO:AI:

This detection cannot be duplicated by any other virus scanner that we tested, and to our knowledge no one reported any problems caused by or directly related to the installation of the alpha. We contacted PestPatrol regarding this problem and they never responded. Upon learning of this sometime last year (it was the Alpha 0.0.3 arj installer) we immediately repackaged the old alpha with an NSIS installer and replaced the old one. Alpha 0.0.4, which was already released, also used an NSIS installer and was not hassled by pestpatrol.

Old news, old news... :P

I think when we first started Xenocide in early 2003 we through out "late 2004" as a possible completion date in order to get people off our backs :) However, for the last year or so we've said something along the lines of "in a couple of years" or "when it's done."