XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com: Enemy Unknown, On Ps1 (europe)

Guest Tartemeule

Guest Tartemeule

Hello everybody; hello.

Find this forum with a google job.

I am curently playing with the video-game "X-COM enemy unknown" on a PS1. I think this game is the European version of "UFO: enemy unknown".

I read all the forum. Good matter for me: the game don't crash any way (Ah? Yes; only once: bang), it is running at right speed, I have no problem with colours or sound, all seems OK. Only load a game from memory cards is very VERY slow! However it''s a good game!

Problem with the game (Don't found along this forum):

I take prisoners; after building "Alien Containment", of course (More than one). Alien still alive after a human winning battle go to "AC" ; correct. I find the list of prisoners only in the "BASE/TRANSFER" menu, and a shortest list in the "BASE/RESEARCH/New Project" menu; nowhere else. I can't sell them, I can't sack them, of course I can't free them.

So the number of prisoners increase along the game. At 50 prisoners for the game (No for "AC"), the new prisoners disappears!

I found them on the result board after a winning battle, but the list of my prisoners stretches out no more. Stopped at 50... Building other(s) "AC" is useless.

Is this problem (light bug) is known? How may I make to decrease the number of prisoners? (Like "sack" a bad soldier)

Thanks for your help.

Don't know if it's the same in the PS1 version of xcom, but normally the alien should disappear once you researched them. I also believe in the PC version the limit applied to the type of alien (e.g. 50 sectoid soldiers counts as one), not the numbers. This may well be changed in the PS1 version tho...

(almost) all problems listed in this forum are for the PC versino of xcom, not the PS1 one.

The only way to get rid off living aliens is by researching them. I know it sucks but that's the way it is.

Of course.. The question is, will it be possible to sell them as pets or something :)

• 5 months later...
-Ho! mommy mommy I whant this one!!!

-He's 7 feets tall 325 pounds honey! How about this litle dogy?

-Nope!! I want the reapeeeerrrrr!!!!! :crying:

-OK, but we dont bring the bones in his cage.

Just don't sell chrysalids... please?? :whatwhat: :hammer: :explode:

I mean, THAT would ba a weapon of mass destruction... :devillaugh: