125 replies to this topic

#101 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:26 AM

alien recreation:

"Well, that explains why one of the soldiers reported in a pink tree-headed dog in the ufo we were recovering, and asked for permission to open fire..."

laser rifle:

"They'll never take it from us... never... Right, my love? It's ours! My precious...."
~[Laser Rifle] field-tester, now relieved from duety.

Posted Image <- should be added as an smily :)

Edited by mikker, 01 March 2005 - 11:28 AM.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#102 Penta

Penta

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:57 AM

For Alien Recreation - "And Mom always said TV rotted my brain. What would she possibly think of this?" - Private Newton Minow, European Forces

(Background for those who don't get the joke: Newton Minow is the guy who, in the 1960s, gave the (in)famous Wasteland Speech (linked to the text), which decried the state of American TV as of 1961. At the time, he was chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, which (among other things) regulated the TV networks in the US. He also helped found PBS, America's public TV broadcaster, which is famous for such things as "Sesame Street".

Now, the TV rotting your brain quip...who's mom hasn't said that to them at least once? :) )

#103 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:09 AM

Now, the TV rotting your brain quip...who's mom hasn't said that to them at least once? :) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine :P

She enjoys TV as much as i do-

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

#104 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

"They'll never take it from us... never... Right, my love? It's outs! My precious...."
~[Laser Rifle] field-tester, now relieved from duety.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laugh:

#105 Astyanax

Astyanax

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 785 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:47 PM

That's classic, mikker! LOL

And the best thing is that it can be used for almost any text! So if there's a decent laser rifle fluff, "your preciousssss" can be saved for another fluff. :P

Alien Recreation:
"And I thought my disco ball was psychadelic! I can't wait to dance to these puppies!"
- Chandra Volta, X-Corps marine and disco enthusiast

Edited by Astyanax, 01 March 2005 - 12:51 PM.

EXCLUSIVE: Read the top-secret Creative Text Department Status Report by the Xenocide Internal Investigation Department!

#106 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

Alien Recreation
"Duuuuude, check out all those colors!"
-Pvt [whatever]

#107 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

"Our normal granades just goes boom. The alien granade goes boom... with style!"

:Brickwall:

(maybe we could use the precious fluff for the fusion launcher? THATS something to go crazy from :P)

Edited by mikker, 01 March 2005 - 01:41 PM.

#108 Astyanax

Astyanax

Xnet Proof Task Force

• 785 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

These Alien Recreation fluffs all seem to involve lots of colors. I should make sure this rainbow effect is mentioned in the CT. ;)
EXCLUSIVE: Read the top-secret Creative Text Department Status Report by the Xenocide Internal Investigation Department!

#109 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

Ok then, Mikker's fluff for Laser Rifle is better for blaster launcher, that's a good one :), any more suggestions for Laser Rifle or should I take mine?

#110 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:01 AM

any more suggestions for Laser Rifle or should I take mine?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Laser rifles are so precise that you could use them for eye surgery. Well, except the fact that the beam would go through the eye, the head, and half of the back wall..."
- Dr. Gabrielle Fitzpatrick, Head of Laser Weapons Development

I'd rather use this, IMO it's funnier :)

#111 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:20 PM

any more suggestions for Laser Rifle or should I take mine?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Laser rifles are so precise that you could use them for eye surgery. Well, except the fact that the beam would go through the eye, the head, and half of the back wall..."
- Dr. Gabrielle Fitzpatrick, Head of Laser Weapons Development

I'd rather use this, IMO it's funnier :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops, sorry, forgot about that one, I meant "no more suggestions or should I pick among these?"
Ok, that goes in :)

#112 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:14 PM

psi facility:

"Back when the first one was build, [x] came in and wanted to be psi trained. I don't know exactly how, but he got addicted to it, and we wern't able to save his sanity. He now lives in the closset, so when other soldiers start to get addicted, we pull him out, and suddenly, they don't want to train anymore." ~ [y]

:Brickwall:

Edited by mikker, 17 March 2005 - 02:14 PM.

#113 Exo2000

Exo2000

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

Alien Recreation
"Ooooo, look at the pretty lights!" - Unknown Rookie

Alien Grenade
"Whatever you do, -don't- juggle, eat, consume, devour, ingest, inhale, drop, throw, ignite, burn these things. Ok, so if you've primed it you can throw it. But they're volatile, so, eh, try not to drop one. We only had one accident. The lab had to be cleaned for a WEEK before it could be used again - it was like there was a new coat o' red paint. With pink lumps." - X-Corps Explosives Instructor
Posted Image

#114 Historian

Historian

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:58 AM

Alien Recreation

"Ugh, they call THAT recreation?"

"I don't care how shiny it is, don't touch it!"

Alien Grenade

"Uh, why do I get the feeling I need webbed fingers to operate this?"

Laser Rifle

"Note to recruits. These are not the laser pointers you are used to"

"Beware of mirrors"

I also liked Mikker's original fluff for the plasma clip

#115 Astyanax

Astyanax

Xnet Proof Task Force

• 785 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

Hi Historian! Nice to meet ya! :)

Adding to Historian's fresh fodder for the fluff machine...

(an attempt at a more serious fluff)

"Dammit!  What good are we supposed to be doing?!  We sent those boys in with our latest laser prototypes, and what do we have?!  Ten more names on our MIA list, ten more honest fellas at the mercy of those damned Aliens!  ...After all our work, our best tech... it's still not enough!  What's wrong with our design?  Why wasn't it enough?"
"It was the best we had, Brand... it was all we could've done..."
*sigh* "...yeah..."
"...c'mon, dear, it's late.  We should get some sleep."
"You're right, hon... maybe things will look better in the morning."
"Of course they will, of course they will.  We've got a lot of work ahead of us..."

- a late night conversation between Drs. Brandon and Megan McKenna, leading experts in laser weapons design

Hm... maybe it'd be better for the laser pistol?

Edited by Astyanax, 29 March 2005 - 11:54 AM.

#116 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

how about a version of the mirrors?

'How many times have I told them. You do NOT go in the crazy mirror house with a laser pistol. Goddammit. How many more must we lose to rapid fire....'

Lead researcher X
Posted Image

#117 kafros

kafros

Creative Text Department

• 1,800 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:50 AM

How many more must we lose to rapid fire....

That means that by the time you've researched that, some soldiers are dead without your learning that? :NoNo:

Better change it to "<blah blah> they must be careful <blah> <blah>, or else we are gonna some a guy someday".

#118 Astyanax

Astyanax

Xnet Proof Task Force

• 785 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:32 PM

How about:

"What in the world were those boys thinking- taking a laser pistol into a house of mirrors? ...those morons..."
- Sergeant Jeremy Miller

Edited by Astyanax, 30 March 2005 - 12:39 PM.

#119 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

Aaaaand welcome back to "Fluff the unfluffed" the show where everybody gets to laugh!
Today we have a very difficult candidate! Candidates! Prepare to fluff!
Todays CT without a fluff is "Gravity Distortion Launcher/Drone"! Aaand go!
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#120 dteviot

dteviot

Programming Department

• 1,479 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

Aaaaand welcome back to "Fluff the unfluffed" the show where everybody gets to laugh!
Today we have a very difficult candidate! Candidates! Prepare to fluff!
Todays CT without a fluff is "Gravity Distortion Launcher/Drone"! Aaand go!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"The programming department have assured me that they've solved the bug in the Mark 1 drone's navigation system that caused it to return to it's launch point and explode when attempting a 90 degree turn. However, they still refuse to come here and demonstrate the fix." Capt. H Pierce, weapons testing.

Edit. spelling

Edited by dteviot, 08 March 2006 - 12:50 PM.

Saving the world from the scum of the universe is hard work. Especially when you have to create the scum to begin with.

#121 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

"The programming department have assured me that they've solved the bug in the Mark 1 drone's navigation system that caused it to return to it's launch point and explode when attempting a 90 degree turn.  However, they still refuse to come here and demonstrate the fix."  Capt. H Pierce, weapons testing.

Edit. spelling

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Not bad, let me rephrase it a litlle... What do you think of:

Well, our avionics guy assured me he fixed that drone returnig to launchpoint thing, too bad he catched the flue now that we're gonna test it...
- Capt. H Pierce, weapons testing

Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#122 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

I feel it sounds better as phrased by dteviot, though I wouldn't use "programming dept".

#123 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I feel it sounds better as phrased by dteviot, though I wouldn't use "programming dept".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I felt it was a little to long. You know, I'm a friend of short pregnant sentences... :)
So, what does the rest of you guys think?
And I want more fluffs! Don't be shy! We cannot loose this battle against PRG department! ;)
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#124 dteviot

dteviot

Programming Department

• 1,479 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I felt it was a little to long. You know, I'm a friend of short pregnant sentences... :)
So, what does the rest of you guys think?
And I want more fluffs! Don't be shy! We cannot loose this battle against PRG department! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it was meant to be an in-joke. The "Mark One Drone" is the Blaster Bomb launcher (which I believe is the equivelent of the Gravity Distortion Launcher/Drone.)
The bug is the well known problem with programming a BB with a route with 90 degree turns, and the programing department is the Xenocide programming department.

How about:

"Rincewind assures me that he's solved the bug in the Mark 1 drone's navigation system that caused it to return to its launch point and explode when attempting a 90 degree turn.  However, he still refuses to test the fix in person."  Capt. R Knight, weapons testing.

Edit: redid quote

Edited by dteviot, 08 March 2006 - 09:00 PM.

Saving the world from the scum of the universe is hard work. Especially when you have to create the scum to begin with.

#125 tzuchan

tzuchan

Xnet Proof Task Force

• 502 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:07 AM

Don't know why, but my silly brain came up with a silly fluff text for the Xenium CT...

"Okay, let me get this straight. The aliens have a working knowledge of what you call 'Silly String Theorem' that allows them to tie the Superstring Theory into knots. These superstring knots then take the form of Xenium. And then when the aliens unravel the knot, they get energy?"
- Random rookie researcher

Edited by tzuchan, 10 October 2007 - 04:08 AM.

tzuchan - the last sane CTD writer
- Writer of the Anti-Astyanax Gun CT
- Read my X-Com Profile
Main reason I've got no free time anymore:
Posted Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#126 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:39 AM

Xenium-122

"This stuff is rare, I can't put into context how rare this is, heck the stuff we have degrades and we can't stop it. So if I catch one more person using it as a PAPER weight, i'm gonna start live fire testing of my new prototype plasma cannon!"
- Memo from Dr. Zarkov Head of Energy Based Research
Vengeance

Interceptor Pilot "So what's it like?"
Test Pilot "You know when you first saw the Starfire you got that feeling like when you see a hot college girl, but you feel abit wrong cos she's 19 and your 35."
Interceptor Pilot "Ha! yeah, college girls..."
Test Pilot "Well the Vengeance is like finding out Starfire has an older sister."

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image