XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Model Importing Task Force

centurion

Upgrade: - and = switch through ALL models

Dump now writes the models' positions, wait a bit and it will save lights.

Added scripts: you can feed the sandbox .cfg files, which contain lines with models and lights to load additionally (no iteration check, can get the same model loaded in multiple instances), models load via lines

=x y z

lights load via lines

!=x y z; r g b; r g b

(position, diffuse, specular).

edit: lights dumping implemented.

sandbox.zip

Edited by centurion

Update: lights types can be changed, though lots of attributes are uneditable in-scene due to lack of keys on the keyboard. Script format also changed slightly.

I think this is it, maybe reassigning keys or something (removing the default lights if any other lights are loaded?) but IMHO this should be enough to re-enact static scenes.

sandbox.zip

Centurion contact me by MSN or ICQ for discussion on the path to follow. After the binary/source is in publishable state I will call this TF completed and done.

Excelent work.

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

Found a way to handle the spotlight attributes, one of them is selected, INS..PGDN change selected, UP and DOWN change the selection.

Bug: for some reason the changes to a light's direction are not implemented until the light is MOVED :huh: .

RK: will try MSN today.

sandbox.zip

Edited by centurion

Ok just change the SpaceApp for ModelViewer or something ;) ..

Even if there is space for improvement/refactoring specially with all those chained calls to handle the UI it is more than good enough for what the Task Force was supposed to accomplish.

Excelent work Centurion... Micah publish the news in the main site.

Contact me by MSN to arrange how to upload the viewer in the CVS.

Greetings

Red Knight

Uploaded the changed version, took the opportunity to shorten some call chains. Edited by centurion