commander

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:36 AM

OK -
a thread to report all EXIT happy players ,
so that you can satisfy your exit fetish.

just list the name - if you like - of anybody that chooses to EXIT.

I exit alot. As i just explained on the forum---chat server--- that I was taught to EXIT
very early , because thats what people do to me.

And as i explained - the difference between you and me - I admit to a EXIT fetish.
I like to exit, i just like it , it is a fetish that a can not explain ...

THE EXIT FETISH - begins NOW !

#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:55 PM

I feel that my answer is going to change nothing, but what the heck...

I exit alot. As i just explained on the forum---chat server--- that I was taught to EXIT
very early , because thats what people do to me.

Unless there's a good reason to exit, like errors turning the game out of syncronization between the players or other bugs that seriously affect gameplay, or even a newbie getting tired of being hammered on his first game, it is IMHO that players should never quit, especially if they are losing.
And it is not just because it shows poor sportsmenship: it is also very frustrating for the other player and takes away his motivation to play the anymore.
As for your argument that you do it because people are cheating, most players don't even know how to do it. I won't discuss why cheating is wrong: you can figure it out from my opinion concerning exits.

And as i explained - the difference between you and me - I admit to a EXIT fetish.
I like to exit, i just like it , it is a fetish that a can not explain ...

You are wrong: the difference between you and most other players is that not only they are willing to admit to themselves that they made mistakes while playing, but also they try next time to correct them. You, on the other hand, keep quitting after being told several times that it is wrong to do it.
And if you haven't figured it out by now, admitting something wrong doesn't make it right. If you can't control your fetishes don't expect other players to put up with them also.

Edited by Hobbes, 09 October 2004 - 03:58 PM.

#3 Hailfire22

Hailfire22

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:33 PM

Not only is this tread giving an example of how much of a bad loser you are, but no one has responded with a testimony to their "fetish"! IMO and experience most people DON'T leave (unless there is a technical glitch) and will stay to finish the game. All this tread does is show how un-sportsmanlike you are and only taints this wonderful game. And one more thing, like Hobbes said, almost NO ONE knows how to cheat at this game, meaning that all you have to blame is their skill and your lack of it. I hope that a blocker will be added to the servers because IMO I don't feel like I would want to play against someone who is just gonna whine when I win, FAIRLY. If I wanted that I'd go and play some game on X-BOX Live.

Edited by Hailfire22, 09 October 2004 - 09:34 PM.

#4 Hailfire22

Hailfire22

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:02 PM

Oh, and Hobbes, check out the X-COM Base Toilet, it's hilarious! I'm sure you will see the light that the :master: :master: :master: GOLDEN TOILET :master: :master: :master: brings to his followers......

#5 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:22 PM

Play nice children.
May the GOLDEN TOILET shine upon you.

#6 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

I've already read once the Golden Toilet (sorry if I am committing sacrilege by writing it this way) thread.....no comments :LOL:

It might be better to delete this thread since it seems to serve no propose whatsoever. And if people want to act this way....well I doubt they will find anyone to play against them with the exception of new players.

#7 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:43 AM

such threads mostly lead to arguments and end in insults being thrown at one another :) so I'll just close it by request of Hobbes.
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)