XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hilariously Terrible A.i.

nixnihil

Man, would you guys believe that I've almost NEVER lost any soldiers from blaster bomb fire? Almost every time, the aliens blow themselves up! I have Xcom collector's edition. Anyone else have this experience, or am I just lucky? I've seen aliens take out roomfulls of their own guys. Bases are terrible. The commanders always try to fire through the control room elevators and instead blow up their computers, causing secondary explosions to tear them apart, and their entire elite vanguard as well. Now THAT'S fukking funny.

:devillaugh:

They try to launch blaster bombs straight up or down, but there's a bug in CE making that nearly impossible: instead of flying up/down the blaster bombs suddenly decide southwest is a better direction to take, often resulting in the aliens killing themselves :D

So the lesson here is: NEVER send your blaster bombs straight up/down, when guiding it up/down make sure you place waypoints NOT directly on top of each other :)

Edited by j'ordos

Actually that's not funny, it makes the game even easier than it already was before. On the other hand, I don't know if it's a coincidence or intentional change in A.I. but I never had aliens shooting in my skyranger before and now in CE they seem to do that every god damn time when you go to very large battleship mission.

:cussing: :cussing:

Well anyways the thing they shoot them selves sucks, too easy. <_>

It's more of a reason we need a remake without all the little bugs/exploits that are in the original.

Xenocide: the answer to your prayers. :D

Seriously though, the aliens do not know how to use blaster bombs effectively. That is a GOOD thing.

The southwest bug also leads to another bug. Another thing, yes, the aliens i face always kill themselves and not my guys

I don't like to nitpick, but the confused blaster bombs actually, if you refer to your overhead map, fly south.

There's no official compass directions for the game, mind, so it really doesn't matter. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 1 month later...
It's more of a reason we need a remake without all the little bugs/exploits that are in the original.

Xenocide: the answer to your prayers. :D

Seriously though, the aliens do not know how to use blaster bombs effectively. That is a GOOD thing.

They were (unfortunately) more efficient in TFD... Maybe it have something to do with fewer obstacles... :unsure:

My experience has been rather mixed. Whenever I assault a floater b-ship (which tends to be rare) they usually seem to see my men walking towards the ship from the top floor (through a window???) and then try to pound the side of the b-ship to pieces (killing a few aliens of course), then they always seem to manage to get the rest of the bombs out through the hole in the ship and directly into a large number of my men :( boom, game over......