Me and SupSuper are working on new CEGUI look (widget set) that'll allow us to create Xenocide-looking layouts without a need to ask Art departament to do each and every UI screen we need. So...
I need sliced images of our current UI.
@Vaaish: I won't slice them myself, because it's nearly impossible, I'll show what I want.
On first fire let's take a button:
buttons.png 7.04K 193 downloads
The image is mostly self-explanatory. By tileable I mean that I can put two images side by side and they'll tile seamlessly. With the set of that 15 images me and SupSuper will be able to make any button we want. It would be nice to also have those 15 images for the "highlighted" button that's used in XNet.
Please provide us with .psd and .png file (we do use alpha channel, but that is what everyone know I think). Arrangement of elements in such file should look like this:
WindowsLook.png 7.73K 143 downloads
Now a little tiny elements needed:
elements.png 5.48K 107 downloads
All of these six images have to have alpha channel and be transparent so that speaker and arrow can be put on any background. Btw, we're missing a "radio-button" image (here are only two check-boxes - first esspecially for sound and 3rd one), so it would be nice to have also a radio-button image.
Arrange those into the same file that you'll put button in.
Now the hardest part: window. Or maybe it'll be better if I say windows, but that's later. Let's focus on window, and on the 2nd png I attached to this post:
WindowsLook.png 7.73K 143 downloads
So, basic window is made of 10 images:
- 2 bottom corners (bottom-left, bottom-right)
- 3 sides (bottom, left, right)
- Tilebar, which is composed of:
* left corner
* right corner
* close button
- background (tileable)
There can be also a minimize button (for interceptor dialog), so it'd be better if you do one also.
The most important thing is, that when you put all that things together, they have to fit in nicely. Close button and minimize button are drawn onto tilebar, so first CEGUI draws tilebar, and then puts buttons on it, so have that in mind.
So what I meant about "windows". Well, basicly the fact that each and one of our "dialogs" has different background, that cannot be tiled. My idea is to make that basic window first, and then create a set of tileable backgrounds. How you'll do that is up to you. Since me and SupSuper are preparing whole new CEGUI look for xenocide, we'll be able to tweak that so it'll work.
Oh, one more thing: provide us with XNet screen and planetview screen without that green lines on it. They are scaling very ugly, and actually we'll do that another way (guess what: we'll tile that green pattern).
Why are we doing it?
* Independence. We can't move on because we don't have screens and dialogs. With that widgetset we won't have to ask Art anymore for a dialog and wait endlessly. That's not Vaaish fault, actually Vaaish is the only one here that does 2D graphics for us, and we love him for that. Sorry if it'll sound harsh, but doing another battlesape model when we haven't finished planetview yet and need lots of 2D images is a waste of resources. My guess is if one did some Web design then he/she knows how to handle Photoshop to help us. Not talking about ones that texture models.
* Scalability. If you don't know what I mean, try running Xenocid in higher resolution (like 1600x1200, or even 1280x960), you'll know what I mean.
@bpuk: wait with that buy/sell screen until that is ready.
@Vaaish: leave buy/sell screen for now, this one is top priority for me. Actually if everything goes how I want, you won't have to do buy/sell screen
Edited by Vaaish, 14 July 2005 - 05:40 AM.