XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tournament Discussion

Kratos

This is where discussions will be held. The only rules that apply here is the same rules that are applied to all forums and threads. :) Feel free to talk about this tournament here, ask questions about it here, and just have fun talking to each other here. :)

it will still accept me?

wait, so i can just log in under [H]blehm whenever i want to just by entering it when i get prompted or is it i have to change INI first

As long as you have the [H] as a tag for the heavy division, then I don't care how you do it as long as I can see you are battling under that name. :)

It will still accept you, and I change it in the ini file. There is another way of doing it "in game" but the ini file is alot faster. :)

Edit: Be sure not to use the tag when not battling in a tournament everybody. ;)

Edited by Kratos

Hmm...you're right...I should of remembered my battles with 20k being so weird on a 5x5 map. 6x6 for heavy then. :) I made the rules say 6x6 map for heavy just now. See Tournament Rules again. :) Edited by Kratos

Well, me and abyssion has some fun testing the Galactic weapons on a 4x4 map on mountains with a 30K point limit(we didn't actually go up to there) so you should have a heavyweight division with a small map

So when is this tournament going to start?

How people can make up "dates" in ufo server( when the battle is needed to be played), If we all live in different lands and theres timeZone differece between them, i think that is a problem.. have u solved that problem?

Is evryones opponent selected randomly or do we just play with the guy we meat up in the server with same tag as i have?

[anknowledge: excuse me for my bad english]

Edited by v3Bu

What format will tournament be?

Format?

So when is this tournament going to start?

About two weeks from my sign ups topic.

How people can make up "dates" in ufo server( when the battle is needed to be played), If we all live in different lands and theres time differece between them, i think that is a problem.. have u solved that problem?

I already realize this. The solution will be to set up times cooperatively in a new topic that I will create before the tournaments start.

Is evryones opponent selected randomly or do we just play with the guy we meat up in the server with same tag as i have?

It will be set up randomly.

you cannot keep track on points on scoreboard

it goes like this

People play

Kratos keeps score in tournament based on who won against who in division.... lets say [H] He compares other scores, and those who win(1 out of 1 or 2 out of three?) move on. those who lose take off their tags and play normally

you cannot keep track on points on scoreboard

it goes like this

People play

Kratos keeps score in tournament based on who won against who in division.... lets say [H]  He compares other scores, and those who win(1 out of 1 or 2 out of three?) move on.  those who lose take off their tags and play normally

It will be like last tournament...its single elimination rounds. I will set your opponents...and if you lose...you're out of the division. :)

Questions from Leimrei

My username starts with an "L" so I wont be putting it in front of my username.  And one more thing: It appears that I have a very bad OS CD (windows XP), and it seems that it have some corrupted files, so my computer crashes very often (especially when I play UFO 2000).  Will you (the project leaders) get very mad if this happens?  :sorry:

You will need to put a "L" before your name. It goes like this for everybody:

[L]Leimrei

[L]Kratos

etc...

If your computer crashes...it is understandable. No I will not get mad, its understandable, but I am not a project Leader, I am a host of this tournament.

Question from shanu

Only thing is I hav no idea about what time zone you guys will be in.. I am in australia, so let me know when you'll be meeting.

other than that, I look forward to it.. yay

shanu

Don't worry about time zone just yet. I am going to make another topic for cooperation with time before battles start. So don't worry...let me do the worrying ;)

We aren't using the beta. We will be using the latest stable. You can already find out who won on the ufo2000 server results page anyway. I can look to see if there has been problems...trust me, if anybody attempts to cheat...I will be likely to know. I have been down that path for testing and debugging purposes. :OhBrother: Edited by Kratos

Medium Division

1 - Decoder

2 - Spiro

3 - Sporb

4 - Kratos

6 - v3Bu

7 - Blehm

8 - Gecko

9 - Shanu

10 - Abyssion

Kratos, consider me as a player of medium division  :Coffee:

:hmmm: i decided to go also heavy division

Why you havent put me in medium division Kratos? :Cry:

just now i spotted that there is an empty place in medium devision...the 5th players name is missing...maybe its me :(

I tought u will pay more attention to such kind of things :angry: ...

Edited by Neithan

Your posts have been moved because this is what this thread is for. Junking up the sign ups is not going to help me figure everything out. I am lucky to be able to run this tournament because I don't have as much time as I use to now. If I make a mistake, pm me or post here. It will be fixed asap. :)

To Tsereve: Please pm me next time. I will see to it that you get added in. What divisions are you willing to accept?

I need someone to help me with this. I would like to ask you Hobbes, to help me keep everything on watch and such. It would be greatly appreciated. Hobbes, if you see someone win something, go ahead and post it in the sign ups area if you accept my request for help. :)

To Neithan: the mistake is corrected. I have been rushing with things since of my little amount of time. Mistakes will happen. :)

Edited by Kratos

I'm willing to accept only Heavy. Although my usual team is 26k :P

Forget about me this time, I probably won't get much anywhere anyway. Just lemme know when the next one pops up!

I'm willing to accept only Heavy.  Although my usual team is 26k :P

Forget about me this time, I probably won't get much anywhere anyway.  Just lemme know when the next one pops up!

Copybass just posted saying that he won't be able to play for at least a week. Perhaps Tsereve can replace him meanwhile on the Heavy division so that the tournament doesn't take that long.

PS - Me and Neithan played today on Heavy and I won.

Edited by Hobbes

Ummm , i may have to miss this one :Cry: my computer has some sort of spastic ram problem wot needs fixed (rests hand on hammer) dont count me out just yet tho , with any luck i will be able to fix it before the deadline.

:killmonitor:

Sporb, send that smiley to stewart so he can update the smiley list, i like the ones that break computers then you go happy

i like this one too

:hideit:

So that Kratos does not have so much stress picking out who won I post it here:

decoder - spiro = decoder won

we had a good fight thx for playin Spiro

:uzi2:                    :shockwhore:

Yes, I appreciate that. I prefer the players posting the outcome.

I will be keeping an eye on it for cheaters though. ;)

Edited by Kratos

YAY - im back , one of my brand new sticks of ram had more errors in it then windaz 95 :jawdrop:

But i got a flash keyboard and a noo mouse so im good. I only have 512 of ram for the time being so i can only open 15 instances of ufo2000 at once for awhile ... what , you mean you guys dont? :blink2:

Anyhoo , im free tomoro Kratos , ill get in early and pm u if i sees ya

Edited by Sporb

I'll go onto the server around 3 EST, so noon for you, and just stay there for a while. If you aren't there I'll probably be coming and going but I'll stay logged on so you can see that I'm in there, and if I see you on the server then we can play. I would prefer to start before around 5 or so EST, since it is after all a Saturday, so hopefully that time works for you.