XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tftd Crashes When Fall

Guest Jack

Guest Jack
the game crashes when it attempts to render a character falling from one level to another. Whether it's your soldiers, an alien, or a civilian, it crashes EVERY TIME!

please help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I have gold edition(i think that ce). This happens 10-20% of the time for me.I have xp though. I usually just reload when the game crashes, it seems to work the next time i play. And another thing, I used to play the old dos version on xp and had the same problem, except in base defense missions for some odd reason.

• 1 month later...
That's odd.. I never have had this problem. A lot of other problems yes but never this problem. Does it crash when you hit the ground or exactly when you step out of roof or when?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using CE for both versions and BOTH crash EVERYTIME someone falls.

I have tried again dozens of times, even starting new games frequently. I never found a solution.

The CE is sadly not the solution to every modern OS problem (or old OS problem), apparently, as it preserves all our favourite bugs from the originals. :)

This probably won't help at all, but if you've had units falling vertically in the past and this problem has only just cropped up, have you tried a clean install? Wipe off the old game and install a fresh new copy (or install a spare copy in a new directory). Try running that and see if the problem's still there, or if it has gone away.

I'm just throwing this suggestion in because it may work for some, but not necessarily for all of you, as we all have different computers with different configurations and hardware. It's hard to say what will work and what won't.

- NKF

Thanks,

This is a very weird and crazy problem - because not everyone is experiencing the exact same symptoms.

I have tried installing in a new fresh directory, I even tried the win2k machine downstairs (that was a fresh install).

I think that it definately has something to do with the N.T based OS's.

Last night the memory fixer thingee for xcom stuffed up my other dos based games from working. But enemy unknown is now working... and crashing "randomy". So the save part of it works!

Unfortunately for TFTD, it is still crashing EVERYTIME :(