XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Weapons

Anonymous

thanks guys, im doing my best in everythings

im without words, all i can say is thank you so much

and... about the set.... well, is getting hard to make it compatible with new versions, im making it from the beggining

but i dont have too much time to use the computer, so my progress will be slow :(

so guys, thanx and ill do my best

• 1 month later...
I have an idea. the backpack was a neat, but not very useful. why not make a pistol holster? it would function as the backpack did, but fit into the sholder or leg slot? it would use only pistols as ammunition?

• 5 months later...

Damn! Im so rusty and wanting to get on the road again. I liked the holster idea, and i have to restart my work from the beginning because i cant fix the compatibility issue ??...... so, i will take the new ufo2k weapon set ( hope nobody get angry ) and modify the whole set again with the "realistic" values and grafics..... unfortunatly i lost the program i used to change ".bmp" images to ".png" so if everythings go fine you will see the same old "realistic" functional again....

And hey... i can put medikit now.... hehe. I left the forum for some months and when i return i find this hehe.

See ya ^^

Edited by Anonymous

• 4 weeks later...

Well... i redone the weapon set but... is not working, the problem seems to be in the pInv file,

I'd take a look at the init-scripts.txt and it says something like "Invalid 'pInv' property for item ****"..... well the file's directory is right, and i cant find my mistake.... so if you can help me i'll be thankful... xD

I asked someone for help a while ego, dont remember who but i didnt have any answer so if someboody want to help me, so leave a reply xD and i will send the actual .zip

• 1 year later...

New Weaponset.

Hi all,

I am currently constructing a new weaponset for ufo2000. Im using the lua and artwork of the original ufo2000 set as a base. However the finished set doesnt have any of the artwork, some of the artwork may contain a part of an artwork from the original ufo2000 set.

You can follow my Artwork progress here:

http://www.7kplay.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=236

Progress...............

Artwork progress: inventory +- 75% done, held items +-25% done, Map images 0%

LUA progress +-95% done.

Balancing and testing= 40% done

BETA TESTING!

there is also a playable BETA. The artwork that is not finished show up like a comparable weapons of the original ufo2000 set. However, the sounds and stats are already adjusted so the weapon is usable.

Download the beta here: LATEST BETA: http://www.7kplay.net/weapons-7kplay.rar (updated 29-10-2009)

Edited by FUEL

Be nice if we screenshotted some of these sets. I mean, downloading the entire .rar shouldn't be necessary. Just saying, I mean even we did this in the beginning and we should have gave previews. I think it attracts people more to see new graphics. :) I like to admire new graphics too :P

Be nice if we screenshotted some of these sets. I mean, downloading the entire .rar shouldn't be necessary. Just saying, I mean even we did this in the beginning and we should have gave previews. I think it attracts people more to see new graphics. :) I like to admire new graphics too :P

ok here is a screenshot of some weaponry.

post-20366-1256746994.png

Left shoulder

"NUCLEAR TIME BOMB"

right shoulder

"ALIEN INVISIBLE PROXIMITY MINE" (only red dot shows when thrown in game rest = transparant (no-bug, works)

"NUCLEAR GRENADE"

Left hand

"ROCKET POD"

Right hand

"ELERIUM-115 POWERED LIGHTSTAFF" (is longer than a hand can fill, chose to activate only 1x3 (upper) to keep proportions so staff extends out of hand in Inventory screen)

backpack

"ELERIUM-115 POWERED LIGHTSWORD"

"NUCLEAR MISSLE"

"M85 .50 SNIPER RIFLE"

Belt

"BLADED KNUCKLEDUSTER"

"C4 GRENADE" <old version>

Ground (left to right)

"H&K LASER PISTOL"

"H&K LASER RIFLE"

"H&K LASER SNIPER RIFLE"

"H&K GATHLING LASER"

"AK45 PLASMA PISTOL"

"AK70 PLASMA RIFLE"

"12 GUAGE AUTOSHOT SHOTGUN"

"12 GUAGE HE-AMMO"

"12 GUAGE I-AMMO"

"ELERIUM-115 POWERED CHAINSAW"

"12 GUAGE SLUG AMMO"

and some more:

post-20366-1256827408_thumb.png

Hands & Legs

"AK45 PLASMA PISTOL"

"AK45 PL-PISTOL CELL"

"AK70 PLASMA RIFLE"

"AK70 PL-RIFLE CELL"

bag:

current project

Ground from left to right:

"SCOPED MISSLE LAUNCHER"

"RELOADABLE MISSLE LAUNCHER"

"NUCLEAR MISSLE"

"C4 MISSLE"

"ELERIUM-115 MISSLE"

"SMOKESCREEN MISSLE"

"PORTABLE AAM LAUNCHER" (SAM)

"ANTI AIR MISSLE"

"LIGHT SMOKESCREEN GRENADE"

"SMOKESCREEN GRENADE"

"ELERIUM-115 GRENADE"

"C4 GRENADE"

"NUCLEAR GRENADE"

"NUCLEAR TIME BOMB"

There are new sounds for all the weapons and some weapons have new or adjusted trails and/or impacts, but youll have to download the beta for those :). Unfortunatly grenades and melee weaponry sounds couldn't be altered to fit the set by the .LUA :(

Eventhough the task is daunting making the set, most effort is put into the balancing. Nr 1priority of the set is improving the game balance. expect explo spoofed and a very tigth balancad set. Im balancing on 7000 points since this is were its made for but i expect the balance will also have a positive effect on other game settings. Some sub sets will be set for other popular weapon choices. like the laser pistol-smoke only set.

New weaponry is put in only to increase the amount of strategical possiblilities in the game or strengthen or threathen a current used strategy. (for example a very accurate SAM missle launcher is added to take out the floaters loaded up with rockets flying up in the sky which lots of people are using. Sniping will become more dangerous as there weapons will improve but putting a sniper on a roof unprotected by smoke or ground forces will be much much harder as a SAM will take care of any..) Players will not be able to use 1 strategy anymore on any map as there will be special anti-strategies available with this set

any ideas/comments? WELCOME

Edited by FUEL