XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufopedia Suggestion

Arjuna

I suggest that if you have anything like the UFOPedia (or UFOPaedia, if you prefer that spelling) in Xenocide, you should have it somehow accessible from the Battlescape. I've always thought it would be helpful to see how much damage your weapons do in combat, as well as seeing what you know about the aliens you encounter as you meet them. For instance, if you somehow forget that a cyberdisc or sectopod is vulnerable to laser weaponry, and you spot one at the base/crash site/terror site, you could look 'em up in the UFOPedia and see their autopsy report or interrogation results.

• 1 year later...

That wouldn't be such a problem, would it? I mean, you could rationalise it as X-Com troopers quickly consulting little portable devices which contain that kind of information.

Or here's a better idea: implement it so that you can access the Ufopaedia from the battlescape, but ONLY if you've got someone on board the landing craft? (Unmanned HWPs don't count.) This represents the trooper on board accessing the X-COM database. Maybe it could take a certain number of TUs to read each entry, e.g. 20% of max TUs to read one entry. (It can take a while to read technical stuff.)

I suggest that if you have anything like the UFOPedia (or UFOPaedia, if you prefer that spelling) in Xenocide, you should have it somehow accessible from the Battlescape.  I've always thought it would be helpful to see how much damage your weapons do in combat, as well as seeing what you know about the aliens you encounter as you meet them.  For instance, if you somehow forget that a cyberdisc or sectopod is vulnerable to laser weaponry, and you spot one at the base/crash site/terror site, you could look 'em up in the UFOPedia and see their autopsy report or interrogation results.

This feature is indeed planned. :)

---Edit---

The right forum would've been the Labs btw. :)

Moved there.

Edited by Mad