XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Building walls while fighting aliens? sounds a bit.. unconventional. But building walls or at least sealing off certain doorways in your base before the aliens attacks sounds like a fun thing to be able to do.

Perhaps some kind of destructable barricade? Same stuff the walls of the UFOs are made of.

/Markus

Guest Hellsheep

sounds great

but why build walls?

use my strategy:

1.take a rocketlauncher

2.load it (HE rocket)

3.fire on everything that moves or is easily destructable (buildings in terror-missions)

:uzzi:

Advanced Equipment:

Portable Forcefield Generator

You place it on the ground and it creates a forcefield 3 squares long directly in front of it.

..|.

X>|.

..|.

X= Marine .= Open Ground |= Forcefield

The forcefield stops all incoming attacks and cannot be crossed however if an alien goes around the forcefield he can shoot the generator from behind destroying it, also possibly EMP grenades could destroy it from either side (EMP grenades would be cool, destroy all equipment without harming the alien, easy to capture now :) )

Also why not make barrels and crates (like in the warehouses and the bases) pushable, so you can make your own little barricades...

Actually a forcefield projector wouldn't be that difficult, it would be quite bulky though, not like a personal shield (like in apoc), these would act as stationary walls.

Maybe by standard human tech they would be difficult, but once you've research some alien stuff you could, plasma weapons for example to actually work acording to basic laws of physics would have to be contained within and energy bubble similar to a forcefield; plus its quite likely their ships would have shields of somesort, the technology could easily be applied to a smaller scale portable generator...

Teehee. Nice to see you're keeping the geek spirit alive here Pringle. :D

But seriously, I don't think masonry is the solution to our defense problems. Why use bricks when we can use elementary particles? B)

Anypooh, I think pretty much everything in the game is destructible. (hurray for mass destruction!)

Hey pringle, you talked to nighthawk yet? he seems to be doing a rough draft of the tech tree and th storyline. We should help. :alientalk:

( :LOL: ---this smiley looks awful. it's like, waaahh----haaaaa---haaah-----aaah-----ahhhh. in slow-mo)

Hey pringle, you talked to nighthawk yet? he seems to be doing a rough draft of the tech tree and th storyline. We should help.  :alientalk:

I'll presume you were referring to me with that one...

Feel free to IM/ICQ me anytime. I check the boards daily and am always online.

hey ;) your not the only hawk around here.. don't forget about old 5parrowhawk who though not around lately has contributed alot. :) hmm must be a bad sign to have hawks flying around ya.. well at least it's not vultures.. *G*

Eek. Sorry bout that. I was really groggy when I wrote that.

Anyway I'm making a prototypetech tree, and I'll be posting it in a few hours. (Did you include weapon and craft technologies in your UFO pedia already?)

Heh, do you really think I'd let the 'Trekky-Factor' go unaccounted for while you were away Dev :), I've just PMed ShadowHawk to let him know that I'm willing to help him with anything he needs but I've got exams at the mo (they finish on Tuesday).

:alienlol: I like you, Pringle.

(NO, NOT LIKE THAT. Like a cute, little klingon puppy. :alienlol: )

But seriously, I got exams next week too, and my birthday's smack on the middle of it. I want my party!!! :sorry:

Oh, and have you read shadowhawk's stuff? Seems pretty good, but don't let him know I told you that.

Well I'm fairly sure that unless ShadowHawk is illiterate that he can find out you told me by reading your post :P I've had a quick look over some of his stuff but have yet to look into it in detail... I want to be the narrator guy for his intro :P

Why? Can you speak Sean Connery? :P

Have you seen Maverick's intro? You should practice on that.

Me, I'm not particularly talented in the narration field, so I'll stick to UFOpaedia entries. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
if the bases are modular rooms like in the previous x-coms with a small hallway between each section, why not controllable blast doors? like you could section off the base to keep the aliens from spreading out, of course, if they caused enough damage to the doors, they could get through, but small arms(even plasma pistols) wouldn't hurt them, plasma rifles and heavy plasma would need quite a few shots, but grenades and blasta bombs would take em out in 1 or 2 hits btw, I'm not suggesting you steal x-com's weapons, I'm just using their names cause I don't know what the weapons would be in this game.

if the bases are modular rooms like in the previous x-coms with a small hallway between each section, why not controllable blast doors? like you could section off the base to keep the aliens from spreading out, of course, if they caused enough damage to the doors, they could get through, but small arms(even plasma pistols) wouldn't hurt them, plasma rifles and heavy plasma would need quite a few shots, but grenades and blasta bombs would take em out in 1 or 2 hits btw, I'm not suggesting you steal x-com's weapons, I'm just using their names cause I don't know what the weapons would be in this game.

i think that it will give you too much control on the situation... it will completly unbalance the game...

Greetings

Red Knight