XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cheat Code For Xenocide

Hi i an new here and I am really happy u guys gonna make a game like xcom!!!!
OH man thats one of my favourite game... (after xcom is Fallout) hehe

I am just thinking maybe u guys can put in a cheat mode?
Rules are meant to be broken right?
and using cheat cmd like "IDDQD?"for god mode? "yourbaseisminenow" - instant victory?
i remember those cheat code really funny back in the days
and i just thought "dontdieonme" is a nice cheat cmd for revive all the marines in combat. would be nice.

or maybe even slip in an extra over power secret char that looks like a programmer. and that person has all the higest stats and stuff. but only get it after beating the game without cheating.

well i nothing very very little in programming, so if this is too hard or too much for implenment. u can discard my ideas :D

Keep up the good work :D :D :D :D

I belive there was already a thread for cheats... lemme just find it...

*edit*
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6663&hl=cheats"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...=6663&hl=cheats[/url]

ah there we go its a topic for easter egg/cheat ideas... Edited by Shinzon

wow thats a really good question... i never really thought about it... well you can make one of ur soldgiers a "hero" by changing his name... but other then that they are all generic...

might be a REALLY good idea for V1+

I like it...

I think one your main tasks in the X-COM games was to nurture a couple of nobodies into a group of heroes. Perhaps soldiers should be allowed to grow beyond their maximum caps, but make any further improvements really hard to get. Heroes would be soldiers that have put in a lot of effort to achieve their greatness.

Thus continuing with the generic soldier bit, but to allow them to be better than average should you put in a bit of patience and be very persistent about it.

You could even hire soldiers with far better than average starting stats for a greater price (say their initial cost gets adjusted exponentially, so the better the soldier, the higher the cost). These could be treated as your 'heroes'.

I've also always liked the idea of having a custom soldier that you can only make once but are allowed to customise to your hearts content. I think the Jagged Alliance games did something close to that.

---

As for cheating. I'm all for developer commands in a console that can be used as cheats. Better than having the game trap key commands and activating a cheatcode if the player just so happens to bind commands to the letters used in the cheat code and accidentally enters them in that sequence. :) (Hey, some odd people could've used the I D and Q buttons to control their marine in Doom!)

- NKF Edited by NKF

I think one your main tasks in the X-COM games was to nurture a couple of nobodies into a group of heroes. Perhaps soldiers should be allowed to grow beyond their maximum caps, but make any further improvements really hard to get. Heroes would be soldiers that have put in a lot of effort to achieve their greatness.

Thus continuing with the generic soldier bit, but to allow them to be better than average should you put in a bit of patience and be very persistent about it.

You could even hire soldiers with far better than average starting stats for a greater price (say their initial cost gets adjusted exponentially, so the better the soldier, the higher the cost). These could be treated as your 'heroes'. 

I've also always liked the idea of having a custom soldier that you can only make once but are allowed to customise to your hearts content. I think the Jagged Alliance games did something close to that.

---

As for cheating. I'm all for developer commands in a console that can be used as cheats. Better than having the game trap key commands and activating a cheatcode if the player just so happens to bind commands to the letters used in the cheat code and accidentally enters them in that sequence. :) (Hey, some odd people could've used the I D and Q buttons to control their marine in Doom!)

- NKF

i mean hero like in warcraft 3 :P and is it possible to put my own pic as avater in one of the soilder in the game. Maybe The hero Him/herself? this could make the game very Personal u know. fight with the other noobs soilder along, get wounded. have ur very own cyborg eyes.

well you can make one of ur soldgiers a "hero" by changing his name

And the winning name is. . .Tsereve? Pleeease?? I'll proof every CTD currently written!