• Xenocide Inactive
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:00 PM

On which way whould the X-Com Interceptor's start ?!? :blink:

Like a Jumpharrier ?!?
Or with a catapult ?!?

Attached Thumbnails

• IC_Start.gif

Edited by Crix Dorius, 24 June 2003 - 04:14 PM.

"Jeder ist seines Glückes Schmied , auch wenn das Glück im Tode liegt"

#2 Deimos

Deimos

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:30 PM

Someone has been watching too much Independence day :)

The original base had a lift that would being the craft to the surface. So the left hand pic would be closest. The lift takes the craft to the surface where the VTOL system takes over. Why VTOL? It's the only way to land in some of the battlescape arenas. :)

#3 GreatGold

GreatGold

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:54 PM

Hey -

To answer your question, definately VTOL. I say this, because its in the draft of the XC-1 entry... and the idea works very well.

I hope to have the entry posted by the end of the week, if not sooner. Just waiting for the revisions to be made by the author.

Gold
---
Rule #33:
Celatid venom is a paralytic nerve toxin, not 'happy juice".

---
Posted Image

#4 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:56 AM

For the interceptor, i think that the lift will bring it to the surface, where it can have quite a running start. UFOs are no problem, we can just say, that the UFOs control device can move it along all 3 axis. The skyranger is a VTOL craft, but still, for the sake of time, and fuel, both UFOs, and the skyranger makes use of the lift.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#5 LordT

LordT

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 04:24 AM

Someone has been watching too much Independence day :)

The original base had a lift that would being the craft to the surface. So the left hand pic would be closest. The lift takes the craft to the surface where the VTOL system takes over. Why VTOL? It's the only way to land in some of the battlescape arenas. :)

The interceptor doesnt need to have VTOL it just intercepts! never lands (except for with xcomutil :))
Take your time and submit a name to the Names Database.

Resistance is futile! (if < 1 ohm)

#6 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:05 AM

Correct on the Interceptor VTOL. The interceptor takes off like a standard plane, the hangar lift takes it to the surface where it uses a runway to take off and land. The skyranger has vtol capabilities, but it is also lifted to the surface first.