XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Apply Here

Micah

Hi, please use this thread to apply for one of the task forces. You may want to read the [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4500"]Introduction to Task Forces[/url] thread first. Task force assignments are open to both project members and project member recruits. Indicate your desire in a manner similar to the following:

[quote]Name Of Task Force

Desired Position[/quote]

The position of coordinator for each task force is not open to applicants. The coordinator will be chosen by Red Knight.

[b]If you are a Guest[/b] and would like to participate, please [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00"]join[/url] the project forums and post [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showforum=103"]here[/url]. You will be promoted within 6 hours to recruit status, at which time you may post here in the Apply thread.

[b]If you are a forum member[/b] and would like to participate, post [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showforum=103"]here[/url]. You will be promoted within 6 hours to recruit status, at which time you may post here in the Apply thread.

Any questions, feel free to post them, but they will be deleted and answered via PM. I am also online with various IMers most of the day/night.

Current tasks in progress:

RustedSoul: X-Net text entries to XML file format. No coding, just text copy/paste aspect.

(once converted into XML, we can follow up with some proofing for spelling and grammar. If done in parallel, we might mix up versions IMO. Once proofed, we can hand it over for additional coding and formatting.)

Anthraxus: Do you really, really have time to do all that???? I will assign you right away into the highest priority one. Later if you still have time or finish it, I will put you in the others.

Greetings
Red Knight

Whoohoo, something I can do!

I would like to apply for a role in the proof reading of the CTD texts, as, well, a CTD person I guess. Should keep me busy for a little while. And, yes Breunor, I will give this my full attention - I have a deadline now :D

In addition I [i]may[/i] be able to offer some limited support for the viper video, but as I havey only used Movie Maker I cannot really guarantee anything.

Micah, this topic isn't viewable by guests is it? Edited by dipstick

Xnet Proofreading Task Force
Proofreader (CTD member)

I was doing the text on 'what the player should know' and liked that. Hoepfully theres more of that in this Task Force.

In this Task Force that ends on 5th of July, the team will have to try to catch not only mispeling but find out what inconsistencies between texts arrise (and flag inconsistent texts so we can make a Task Force later to handle those).

All filled, the Viper Movie Task Force has already started the Task.

Greetings
Red Knight

OK, I'm on the X-Net proofreading taskforce as lead now, I will use the CTD meeting room forum for getting each member their reading assignments. We have Dipstick, Blehm, and Awof on the team so far.

Any questions you guys have, PM me or post in that forum and we'll go from there.

[quote name='ATeX' date='Jun 10 2004, 01:12 AM'][quote name='red knight' date='Jun 9 2004, 01:06 PM'] All filled, the Viper Movie Task Force has already started the Task.[/quote]
so no music composition for the viper movie then? or am I wrong?

greets [/quote]
Well, we considered the music to be more or less completed for the video. The only thing (we think) it lacks is sound effects. If you feel otherwise, please feel free to make it better :)

Well ia int done much 4 a while. So sign me up 4 anything that involves basic programming or basically text work.
I dont really mind.

- And off topic, About getting noobs up to speed my tutorial is virtually finished I would welcome any vital info you want me to add. I think i made a topic somewhere 4 that a while ago. TY

Until I can get my head around C++ better I will apply for proofreading:

Position: just shovel the work load to me and I'll do it

So looking over the task forces, one place I might fit in is the
[b]XNet-XML Conversion Task Force[/b].

Programmer

I know c++ classes (or I did at some point), and though I have no idea what Xerces is, I could learn that.

Some other posts that interest me (but I would need to learn more programming for):

[b]Base Module Texturing Task Force[/b]

Programmer

Don't know c#, but would be willing to learn, and:

[b]Static Data Model Definition Task Force[/b]

Programmer

And I haven't used OGRE before (but i've heard of it :)), but this post is interesting:

[b]Planetscape Gui Task Force [/b]

Programmer

So I guess I should probably end up in one of those first two?

Red Knight: you could add me to the Planetscape Gui task force also (if it's possible to be in 2 task forces :) ), when there will be some artists willing to work on gui. I'll help them with Ogre and specifications of how to do the stuff to make it work in Ogre :).

Guyver

[b]Base Module Texturing Task Force[/b]

I have quite a bit of experience with C# and have been wanting to help for awhile. I have been following the project for awhile but wasn't able to help much before due to moving and getting married.

If you want you can add me to the XNet-XML Conversion Task Force
ill help with the java proto (hopefully LOL). I would like to help. this is a start as i am reading up on a lot of things. im going to start reading up to help out elsewhere also.

Blankstar as the conversion is going very well (in RustedSoul's hands) and given the fact that you mention that you use Java, C# Base Texturing Task Force is the best bet.

If you have any question just PM me.

Thalo I added you too, somehow I missed your message. Sorry in Advance. I would suggest to start ASAP... Contact with Thejer (the other programmer) and with Drewid (Coordinator) and FabGuy (the one that is texturing the stuff).

Greetings
Red Knight

Kamikazee as you were working with Hymie I put you as documentation guy in the Programmers Resources Task Force. Do you still want to be there? I prefer one person per task force, unless the work needed for that task force is not much. So it is up to you, as documentation people tend to depend on other members I can let you be in both.

Greetings
Red Knight

Final exam's over (yeah!), so I'd like to take something like ....

Model importing task force
Programmer (of the "willing to learn" variety)

If only I knew exactly what does that task mean :unsure:

[quote name='centurion' date='Jun 25 2004, 12:22 PM']If only I knew exactly what does that task mean  :unsure:[/quote]
i believe it means "converting the existing 3d models to OGRE format"

In fact an Importer, but yes more or less the same. Maybe the fact that I said Ogre instead of Xenocide cause the missunderstanding, but as we use Ogre, I was meaning to get some models shown on Xenocide.

Greetings
Red Knight

Okay. I've got a fair chunk of time for the moment. If you guys need a CTD person do do something (not related to xml coding. :P) Let me know. Otherwise, I'll go around updating my CTs to fix em up for a final V1 version. Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Azrael
I'm in for X-Net Proofreading Taskforce, sorry if I'm a little late, had a lot of study and little spare time, but i'm here if i can be of any assistance.
:D

[quote name='Azrael151' date='Jul 16 2004, 01:33 AM']I'm in for X-Net Proofreading Taskforce, sorry if I'm a little late, had a lot of study and little spare time, but i'm here if i can be of any assistance.
:D
[right][post="83767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
If you are already contact dipstick. If not, well contact him either cause you may help him.

Greetings
Red Knight

[b]XNet-XML Conversion Task Force[/b]

I'd like to apply to be a [b]Converter.[/b] I'm already familiar with the general workings of XML, I'd just need filling in on what tags need to be used, and where we are using nested tags and where we are using attributes. (if at all)
EDIT: Took a look-sy around, and downloaded the current progress on this. I am okay with the XML tags used if there is room for me in the TF :)

[b]XNet Proofreading Task Force[/b]

If this needs any additional people, I've got plenty of experience proofreading for flow problems, inconsistancies, grammar, and spelling :) Edited by 54x