XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Teleporter missing on aliens

Greetings.

I have a question. I wanna play X-Com 3 again after a year break. Last time i didnt finish the game because i got bored fighting bugs and stuff.

Worst problem i had was that teleporter technology would not appear at all. I had all types of ufos, i had all types of weapons, everything. Toxin C and stuff. But the teleporter would never appear on aliens. AT all. I played on superhuman or second hardest difficulty, dont remember exactly.

Also, crashes on tactical game screen (after successful mission) were increasing with time, meaning the further i played the game, the more i had to save-load like crazy every time i'd recover a ufo or something.

But personal teleporters (so fun!) missing were the worst!

Did anyone ever encounter that? And is there a fix actually?

Teleporters, like pretty much all the alien tech, are released based on your score level. If they are not appearing, keep increasing your score until the aliens can start using them. It's the very last piece of technology you can unlock.

The points needed to unlock the alien tech level for the teleporter can be seen on the following page:

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=A...28Apocalypse%29

It appears to be 42, 000 for beginner and all the way in between, decreasing as the difficulty increases until 28, 000 for Superhuman.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Yes, problem is, i had WAY more score since i was alraedy at toxin3 and avengers and i was downing ufo's reliably and recovering them with no casualties. And i did it like for WEEKS and all i got was increasing crash rate and no teleporters. Was playing on 4th diff level.

Okay started a superhuman game now. We'll see :)

By the way before i had a blue screen in the main screen with soldiers attacked by popper it seems. Now i have red screen with "X". Are theese different versions of X-Com3? IS any of them more stable/better?

It's a minor variation between the US and European release. It only affects the opening menu, and I think the volume name of the CD-Rom, but otherwise there's no difference game-wise.

- NKF