#1 hgbakker

hgbakker

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:08 AM

Hi,
I'm trying for days now running X-Com Apocalypse under DOS 6.1, but so far didn't succeed. The installation itself went ok; there were some problems with a missing mousedriver and CDROM driver, but I fixed that.
When I try to start Apocalypse, it immediately crashes in dos4gw, which it seems to use. I thought I found the solution when I discovered that at the start of the game it loads an ancient mediaplayer to play the intro. You can skip this phase by starting Apocalypse with "xcomapoc SKIP" and presto, it takes 2 seconds longer before-it-crashes-again-with-the-same-error! :devillaugh:
I'm running an AMD 1800+ processor and use a GeForce 4400 based graphicscard. This however seems to pose no problem for "Xcom: Enemy Unknow", which runs fine (though a little fast).

Could somebody please tell me what the heck is wrong here, and more importantly, what I can do about it?

-Harry

#2 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:03 AM

wrong forum, please go here for problems/solutions for x-com apocalypse: http://www.xcomufo.c...hp?showforum=26
some mod plz move this :)

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#3 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:39 AM

Hi,
I'm trying for days now running X-Com Apocalypse under DOS 6.1, but so far didn't succeed. The installation itself went ok; there were some problems with a missing mousedriver and CDROM driver, but I fixed that.
When I try to start Apocalypse, it immediately crashes in dos4gw, which it seems to use. I thought I found the solution when I discovered that at the start of the game it loads an ancient mediaplayer to play the intro. You can skip this phase by starting Apocalypse with "xcomapoc SKIP" and presto, it takes 2 seconds longer before-it-crashes-again-with-the-same-error!  :devillaugh:
I'm running an AMD 1800+ processor and use a GeForce 4400 based graphicscard. This however seems to pose no problem for "Xcom: Enemy Unknow", which runs fine (though a little fast).

Could somebody please tell me what the heck is wrong here, and more importantly, what I can do about it?

-Harry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you tried everything in this topic? http://www.xcomufo.c...p?showtopic=841
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

Reply to this topic