XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Defending A Base With 8 Unarmed Rookies :)

ErikLarsson

I had a base used for downing uso's which i started to upgrade with aquanauts, so aquanauts had arrived but no weapons, armour, equipment whatsoever.

Then the base got assaulted, so 8 unarmed rookies where to fend off the assault! ROFL

The best this was that i actually had a chance, because it was Gillmen armed with lots of thermal shok launchers....

So my tactic was to get in close range and have them stun me and themselves so i could pick up the weapons and fight back... ^_^

I actually got perhaps 5-10 of them but one unlucky shok bomb got 4 of my guys...

It was on veteran difficulty..

Sounds like fun. Have you got a save of the game? Sounds like it would make a great challenge that you could play over and over and see how you go.

- NKF

I ran across this same scenario a while back in UFO: EU. None of my guys had weapons yet so I did the only logical thing I could think of: I sent a rookie into the hangar where there were lots of aliens stationed and prayed an alien would miss my man and hit another alien by mistake. Bingo, it worked! I sent another rookie in to pry the Heavy Plasma out of the aliens hands and started shooting. I suffered heavy casualties though. ;)

- Zombie

Aww forgot that a savegame could be a lot of fun, i'll remember next time :)

I actually had a Gill man base attack on Superhuman with 8 rookies defending, no armor and only 4 gauss rifles with a total of 4 clips.

But i managed to defend it! \o/ Was down to my last guy alive with one one teammate being MC'd constantly...

Captured a commander :P