XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Personal Shield, 1 Or 2?

That's a great soldier Brute!  :beer: And a very thoughtfull equipment. To stick the ToxiGun like you do on the left is a good idea.

Another question but I'm sure I get told again "open another thread for this!"...

About personal shields, how is it handled if you have 2 of them. When your blue bar (shield power) gets to zero, will then both shields be destroyed, is the shield power doubled or what is the effect of 2 shields.

Would be great if someone knows and takes time to tell me.  :happybanana:

both of them = the blue bar, when the bar is at zero they are both derstroyed..

i think its that. :unsure:

I checked this now and it's like this.

You get shot at and you have 2 personal shields. After the blue bar goes to 1/2 - the 2nd shield gets destroyed and the blue bar is filled up to full with 1 shield remaining.

But as long as you have two shields, your blue bar is decreasing half the speed, as a soldier with 1 shield who gets shot at would.

:beer:

heh, In my version of the game, Each personal shield is independent of eachother. The first one has to get destroyed before the other one is even damaged. Of course, I have installed no patches, so you are probably more right than I am

I agree with all of that. I did my own tests on this, but I didnt post anything as I thought everyone already knew.

Basically, if you have two shields, the second shield is ignored until the first one is destroyed (except that both show up in the shield strength bar)

After the blue bar goes to 1/2 - the 2nd shield gets destroyed and the blue bar is filled up to full with 1 shield remaining.

This is the bit you have to be careful of. If the bar is full you either have two full shields OR one full shield.

using 2 means to have better protection... easy...

Thats pretty much the idea. The point is, there was no point in carrying two if they truly only acted as one.

I do find that using two does kinda clog the backpack a tad. Cant fit any big stuff in there any more. :(

2 personal shields give twice the protection of one...

1+1=2... isn't it? :argue:

• 4 weeks later...
2 personal shields give twice the protection of one...

1+1=2... isn't it? :argue:

Nope. :)

It's twice longer but same efective.

thets what i mean...

maybe i must say "longer protection" :argue:

I see now...

Hey! Can you tell me is Personal Cloaking Field very useful? Cos Im thinking about using 3 disruptors shield (2 in backpack and one in hand).

I strongly recommend to use the cloaking thing. If you don't use it, aliens shoot dimension rockets at you and you don't even see them, because they are cloaked. Other important thing is that when you use cloaking thingies, the aliens have a very hard time to hit you when they shoot at you.

I only use 1 shield because when a shield is almost destroyed, I teleport this soldier in safety to recharge the shield. If everything fails, I take the shields of killed (with Toxi Guns) aliens - they won't miss them anyway. :naughty:

I beg your pardon? ;)

I guess ... Um... Well... IMPOSSIBLE sir! I guess... But.... Hmm... I thought it is 100 at most. Maybe I was wrong. But 210 really damn much!

but it is a shield, not armor... it takes the full damage... they are pretty durable, but not very reliable... especially with those brainsuckers, poppers and dimension missiles-vortexes

I strongly recommend to use the cloaking thing. If you don't use it, aliens shoot dimension rockets at you and you don't even see them, because they are cloaked

they will be still doing this... but when you don't use a cloaking device, they always do this :cussing:

I strongly recommend to use the cloaking thing. If you don't use it, aliens shoot dimension rockets at you and you don't even see them, because they are cloaked

they will be still doing this... but when you don't use a cloaking device, they always do this :cussing:

:D :D :D That's why they deserve to BURN... :flame: :psychosanta: :beer:

Im confused with that armor. This all droping and pickuping shield is too weird. I thinkI'll just keep carrying two shield with me. They do as far.

if there was an option to power up/shut down shields, we wouldn2t need to do this trick... Advanced alien tech but no power button? :huh?:

i wish someone release a patch to add that option to the game... :master:

i didnt make a patch... i made an export file for an editor... maybe i can find a editor for xcom... since i dont have knowledge about programming languages, i fear that i cant do it -maybe i can add the features. but not the power button <_< -... yet :devillaugh: Edited by Brute