XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Thanks A Bunch!

Hi guys - been away for a while - mainly because you did such a good job with my technical queries last time I was here.

I am guessing that these questions have all been asked before - but I'm sure you don't get sick of answering them :wacko:

My IT department have taken my old Sony Vaio Laptop (running Win2000 Pro) away from me as it is pretty much dead and obsolete.

In return they have given me 2 ( yes count em 2!) PC's - one for work and one for home use.

The problem is that my new machines are not running Win2000 pro - which ran XCOM1 and XCOM2 like a (very fast) clock and XCOM3 pretty well once I had gotten my non techie head around the mods I needed to do with it.

I have now been given XP Pro for my office machine and XP home for for my home machine.

to cut a long story short, Xcom 1 and 2 won't run properly on either of my new machines - all I get is a blank screen with a 1cm wide bar at the top which has all of the graphics squashed into it - so although strictly speaking the game does run, it is unplayable.

I have also managed to lose all files and instructions for getting XCOM 3 to run so I need to start again from scratch on this one.

So - can anyone help me with the following:

1 Get Xcom 1 and 2 to run properly on a PC running XP Home edition

2 Get Xcom apoc to run on a PC running XP Home edition plus provide download locations for all additional files and apps needed ( like that mouse application thingy) - last time someone was kind enough to provide me with a step-by-step guide to getting it working

please bear in mind that I am a technical moron so for example saying something like " Create a .Bat file" would be pointless - you would first have to tell me HOW to do it as well as WHAT to do

thanks in advance guys

:stupid: