XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Unstoppable Infil

After replaying 20 days in april to save neo-japan from an infiltration attempt, I am getting totally screwed in may. At 12:30 AM, on May 6'th a dreadnaught appears on an infiltration mission. (from the north pole, middle pacific, or near australia) and makes a beeline for the sea of japan. It is the only infiltration sub that will appear all month.

With a little luck (read save/load tweaking) the manta in my phillipines base can shoot it down. Moreover, it can shoot it down before the dreadnaught ever flies over japan, or the sea of japan. Even if I manage to down the alien sub well into the pacific, an alien base appears in the sea of japan, and a treaty is signed by japan at the end of the month.

Can anyone save me from being infiltrated?

Attached is a save just before midnight on the 5th of May. The infiltrator will appear in a few hours.

-Foolie

Infil.zip

With a little luck (read save/load tweaking) the manta in my phillipines base can shoot it down. Moreover, it can shoot it down before the dreadnaught ever flies over japan, or the sea of japan. Even if I manage to down the alien sub well into the pacific, an alien base appears in the sea of japan, and a treaty is signed by japan at the end of the month.

Can anyone save me from being infiltrated?

Attached is a save just before midnight on the 5th of May. The infiltrator will appear in a few hours.

I did a little bit of research in your game. Heavy patrolling in the sea of Japan by X-COM agents in those last couple hours on May 5th did not do anything. A few times I was even able to dispatch the Barracuda to the exact location where the base would show up (the location is totally random but you can get lucky). If you were lucky enough to get your Barracuda over the location of the potential base like I was, you would notice that the time when the alien base shows up on your radar coincides with the appearance of the Dreadnaught at 00:29:55. Therefore, this is the case of the aliens cheating. You cannot stop it from happening. Cut your losses and accept the result. That's all you can do. :(

- Zombie