XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Darn Last Alien

Can someone please tell me where the heck is the last lobster man i need to kill to finish this mission? My man are pretty much beat and injured and ammoless and they want to get this over with as soon as possible (specially their commander :P) so can anyone please kill the last alien and send me the saved game after the battle (back on geoscape)? either that or just find the alien and send me a minimap screenshot of where it is?
i'm simply going MAD on trying to find the alien! MAD! :cussing:

• 1 month later...
I've had this problem many times now. It's possible that the alien is invisible on your turn but if you are on the same room with it, and he moves on his turn, you can see him. This has happened to me MANY times. So you have to wait one alien turn in EVERY room to reveal the alien, trust me. When you find him and see him on his turn, you can check the place where it stopped by trying to walk in the same square, you'll see you can't walk in it even as you can't see anything in it. Shoot that "empty" square and it will get killed.

Happened to me once with lobster man, 2 times with deep one, a lot of times with gillmen.. And because I never use the pu55y save/load tactic, I lost men on both deepone cases
:cussing:
It sucks to get killed by a sucky deep one! :D Edited by Nyyperoid

i once found the last alien in front of my Trition's door. they should really put windows on those things (like in ufo) since i never use all 14 aquanauts.

once the last alien was hidden in one of those port buildings of 2 floors with lotsa crates and only a stair to get to the 2nd floor. unfortunately the stairs had been blown off by a damn alien so what i had to was: get all my aquanauts on the 2nd floor of a nearby building, shooting from the windows with sonic rifles until (after having zapped all existing walls and crates) i finally found the bugger hidden behind a damn crate. i nearly didn't make it since ammo is limited, and it was hella boring, but i managed to get him eventually :) Edited by SupSuper

hehe.. You gotta love those last aliens. Just think about what you would do yourself if you would be attacked and you were the last of your crew against 14 unknown humans with weird looking suits. (hide of course)

So, any luck with that lobster yet?

EDIT:
Just came to my mind..
Isn't it nice when you are searching for the last alien for an hour and when you finally find him and kill him, you'll see it wasn't the last after all? I love those times. ^_^ Edited by Nyyperoid

[quote name='Nyyperoid' date='Nov 5 2003, 10:55 PM']hehe.. You gotta love those last aliens. Just think about what you would do yourself if you would be attacked and you were the last of your crew against 14 unknown humans with weird looking suits. (hide of course)

So, any luck with that lobster yet?

EDIT:
Just came to my mind..
Isn't it nice when you are searching for the last alien for an hour and when you finally find him and kill him, you'll see it wasn't the last after all?  I love those times.  ^_^[/quote]
taking in account i posted that 2 months ago, yes, i did ;)
it was the one in front of the Triton's door :rolleyes:

still, u can always check out the saved game to see the sheer destruction in it (as well as the building floor which is completely empty and half wall-less. that stairs problem happened on the same saved game). actually i have many saved games with lots of lovely sheer destruction ^_^ if anyone wants.

Well, not really, I've had plenty of mayhem in my own games, didn't take screenshots of course :rolleyes: (I have some screenies left of xcom3 he autocannon refurnishing attempts though :LOL:)

I once had a great time using magna-packs to level one of those cruise terror missions, the interior was like it should be after I had finished: one clear open space :) Edited by j'ordos

• 4 months later...
LOL, I checked your savegame and found your alien. But then I looked at the date of your post. :) nice damage in town though. Were the civilians happy? ;)