XCOMUFO & Xenocide

My game progress.

is there a way to stop the terror sites / ufos for a while? my staff can't keep up with this. like, 4 very large ufos showing up at the same time and terror sites each week is too much for Beginner difficulty!

btw, the non-wounded aquanaut is the one with [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=2513"]over-stats[/url] :P Edited by SupSuper

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see. You can shoot down any terrorships (umm, don't know tftd name, but it is large and isn't a fleet supply ship) that will prevent terror sites from occuring. For the ufos, you should try and destroy alien colonies. Of course that will make the aliens go after your base, but that is the price to pay... :)

What's wrong with dragging your men into Triton? :sly: I was forced to do that many times... And to take dead aliens into Triton for further research (this tech-tree is too weird, tho)

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 26 2003, 05:23 PM']Lets see. You can shoot down any terrorships (umm, don't know tftd name, but it is large and isn't a fleet supply ship) that will prevent terror sites from occuring. For the ufos, you should try and destroy alien colonies. Of course that will make the aliens go after your base, but that is the price to pay... :)[/quote]
i dont know what is my chance against terrorships with damaged Barracudas equipped with Ajax Torpedos or wasting a colony with only one soldier (it would be possible with excessive saving/loading :P).
i guess all i can do is wait and hope that missions don't show up while my crew heals and my new gear arrives.

But they're extremly expensive (judging from his wounds count he might have problem with keeping them alive). But it seems there's no other way... My smallest squad was 4 soldiers. My greatest victory was killing Lobserman with only 3 casualties :wacko:

i already have bought lots of new stuff, but it takes time to arrive ;)
actually i have wasted my whole money on everything. i just need time to recover, for my men to heal, my ships to repair, more ammo to arrive, researches to be complete, etc.

update: i really am in serious situation. a Small UFO caused 51% to one of my ships and got away :cussing: (the Barracuda eventually run out of fuel). A SMALL UFO!!!!! I'M GONNA GO MAD!!! Edited by SupSuper

Why don't you have sonic oscillators yet (or whatever craft sonic cannon is called) ? Get some of those and you are good to go against anything but dreadnaughts. I think you have to research the entire sonic weapons tree to get them though.

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 26 2003, 06:34 PM']Why don't you have sonic oscillators yet (or whatever craft sonic cannon is called) ? Get some of those and you are good to go against anything but dreadnaughts. I think you have to research the entire sonic weapons tree to get them though.[/quote]
what do u think my scientists are working on? only Blasta Power Clip left for me to be able to research Sonic Oscillator.

anyways, it seems missions did stop long enough for reinforcements to arrive. 4 aquanauts have finished healing, the new group of them has arrived, all the Barracudas are repaired. now all i need is money to rearm myself, or at least for more scientists ;)

btw, it's amazing how killing a Gil Man on a Very Small UFO crash site can be rewarding. i mean, only one aquanaut left the craft (and killed the alien) :blink:

What the...?! You have a commander?? How many soldiers have you got? Btw - I think you can sell USO parts (if you're not doing it already). There's always plenty of 'em I guess, and they are really profitable...

i sense a bug. i just finished another raid to a very small ufo crash site and got promotions again. the weird thing is that the Triton that did the raid came from Super Base 2, not 1 :wacko:

Note for UFO players: in TFTD, Captain is the top rank (comes after Commander) :P

That's not a bug, your highest ranking officers are promoted first, even if they didn't partake in the actual combat mission causing the promotions. It's just that when you have enough soldiers, and a commander, one commander becomes a captain, and one lieutenant becomes a commander (or more, depending on the number of soldiers that you hired extra since the last mission)

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 27 2003, 02:52 AM']Make sure you don't sell all of them though, you'll need em for a leviathan. Why make your own ufo parts when you can steal err "borrow" from alien supply ships? :)[/quote]
But what's the point of storing tons of Aqua Plastic and I.B.A. ? Ofcourse he could figure out on his own he doesn't need that or I'm just to lame at this to make any comments, but I will anyway.

For leviathan (It's only guessing) you need two I.B.A. 125 Aqua Plastic and one Navigation. Am I correct?

well, since i'll need ufo parts and i don't have many i decided to sell 3/4 of the sonic blasta rifles and pistols (since i mostly don't use them) and made quite a bundle. even built a Transmission Resolver.
anyways, missions seem to have stopped at my requests and Very Small UFOs are the only ones that come by :D
when i finish recovering i'll go blast those 2 alien colonies which have been detected. Sonic Oscillator is now under research too. for once things seem to be going well on my TFTD game. i'll tell you if things change drastically again :P

also, here's my extremely tight budget: Edited by SupSuper

I cleared the first level of an alien base by having every person drop their nades and stuff exept for one I sent the one soldier out and he killed all the aliens exept for a tentaculat :) if you do that you should have disruptor pulse launcher reaserched but if you don't at least have sonic pulsers reasearched. loot everything off ab alien's corpse when you are low and if that soldier dies send out another, with everyone completey unarmed in the triton/Leviathan they can't kill each other
Edit: or save and reload every turn someone dies... Edited by Mustang

i better explain in more detail:
i have all of my aquanauts in the exit point (so i can Abort and go to level 2 of the colony) except 2 which keep panicking. i don't want to just lose them because they're not in the Triton or on the Exit Point.
but that's not my main problem. my problem is that one of the aquanauts in the exit point keeps being MC'ed and throws a sonic pulser which kills everyone in the Exit Point. problem is i can't drop the pulsers from my aquanauts because i need them for level 2 of the colony mission.
now what should i do?!? :cussing:

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Sep 27 2003, 12:58 PM']Drop your pulsers until the other two get there?
Get out of the lift and kill every last one of the not so friendly MC'ing aliens? (my usual tactic, blast 'em all to hèll :naughty: )[/quote]
i tried that, but the panicked aquanauts (which then get MCed) dont have TUs to drop them so they end up blowing everything to heck :cussing:
the MCing aliens aren't nearby (i thought i wasted'em all but one is probably still hidden :crying: )

well, i have 2 choices:
- i can keep loading and trying until my men don't get blowed up to heck
- i can restart the colony mission
(both unpleasant options)

Why don't you have your guys put the grendes on their belts? IIRC the aliens cant get to them there. I think. At least we can't.
Also, you may want to consider weeding out anyone who panics frequently (excellent sonic cannon fodder) :)

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 27 2003, 06:18 PM']Why don't you have your guys put the grendes on their belts? IIRC the aliens cant get to them there. I think. At least we can't.
Also, you may want to consider weeding out anyone who panics frequently (excellent sonic cannon fodder) :)[/quote]
actually they can, i always keep grenades in the belts :crying:
my budget is too tight for me to kill panickers and buy replacements.
[quote name='Mustang' date='Sep 27 2003, 06:18 PM']if you are on the exit ramp why don't you leave after you reload?[/quote]leave? to where?
if you mean going to the colony's second level, i can't since 2 panickers aren't on the exit point so if i leave them they die, so when i do that most of my aquanauts kill themselves on the start of level 2 with panic and berserk attacks :cussing:

edit: i found the grenade thrower. one aquanaut that was MCed before and therefore couldn't drop the grenade. solution was, of course, drastic. he was a Seaman, but i don't think his Plastic Aqua Armor is recoverable :P
still, most of my men are panicking thus i can't get enough of them to waste the colony, so i think it's best if i send in my experienced team instead of the team that needs experience.

edit2: i just did. my 10 men (including a Captain, a Commander, some Lieutenants and some Ensigns) are equipped to the teeth and ready to blast those aliens, although i will only go on with the mission tomorrow since it's getting late.
however, here's another interesting thing. amazing how aliens can kill themselves on the start of a mission (i didn't do absolutely anything, not even end the turn) :LOL: Edited by SupSuper

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 27 2003, 08:30 PM']Well, why don't you stun the offenders? If they panic/mc, just zap em![/quote]
- they usually kill people before i can zap'em
- i don't have any stunning weapons (didn't even buy Thermal Tazers) :P

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Sep 28 2003, 09:00 AM']Load and disarm them beforehand, hopefully the aliens will still pick on them to MC :naughty:[/quote]
yes i find it funny when aliens first panick my man and the MC them (unarmed) :LOL:

anyways, now that i restarted the mission is going much better. i guess quality beats quantity :)
only one of my guys gets MCed but he doesnt have anyone to waste nearby :P
anyways, i've wasted all the aliens except the ones protecting the exit. to avoid losses i'm doing a hit 'n' run tactic: my Captain and Commander stay near the door, open it, kill one of the aliens and go back out. pretty much target practice :)

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Sep 28 2003, 11:51 AM']You porbably don't want to have both hands occupied at once, it reduces accuracy signifigantly.[/quote]
it does? :huh: i've occupied both hands all the time and always hit aliens with Aimed Shot.

ok, now the guys only carry 1 weapon at a time (since all they have are Sonic Cannons)

anyways, one of the coolest things just happened. after killing all the aliens IN the colony, i decided to go look out of the colony for the MCing alien and i found it, a hallucinoid. unfortunately the guy that found it got MCed. well, overtime and with so many MCs, the guys goes berserk and gets an over-status of 254 TUs therefore wasting 2 hallucinoids nearby (and lots of sonic clips :P) so there are no more MCs (about time too) :D

latest news on the colony destruction. i am surely only there to destroy the core and get out and i'm not gonna kill all the aliens in it just to get lots of alien components.

for starters, tentaculats are the sneakiest aliens out there. they hide behind every object so i don't see'em and then slowly zombify my men :cussing:
lobsterman aren't being so hard to kill now since my soldiers move around in groups, so there are always enough soldiers to kill each lobster :)

well i destroyed the colony core and got the heck outta there. only lost one man (zombified) :)
also, the money has come in but it seems i can't buy no new stuff because of the nasty bug x-com1/2 has: Everything gathered in missions can easily go over your general stores capacity, therefore making you have to build lots of general stores or sell tons of stuff so you can buy something - or at least get some useless equipment (like a ammoless gun) out of the Triton.

just got an "Alien Activity" mission and it's being pretty easy. first level i easily killed all the aliens, they were all near the entrance (to second level) which was right next to my ship so it was a cleansweep. the aliens berserked one of my soldiers. the result? two direct hits on two nearby tentaculat (which are hard to hit since they're always floating around) :D
now i'm going to the second level to find the core and end the mission (hopefully no more zombified soldiers this time :P)

another update on the mission. i haven't found any aliens yet. i, however, found something that probably shouldn't be in the middle of a corridor, or in the mission even :P
an abandoned ammo cache! (i've got the saved game to prove it). i love this weird game bugs :naughty:

Dontcha have impression like you're talking to youself, sometimes... ? However, if you are such pics freak (or something like, you described yourself) could you bring us, a pic of Synonium device? (Never saw how does this thing look like...)

And about your previus pic - what USO are you in? Edited by Extralucas

[quote name='Extralucas' date='Oct 1 2003, 02:16 PM']Dontcha have impression like you're talking to youself, sometimes... ?[/quote]
indeed. still, i have fun logging my progress on this thread (maybe someone should change the title :P ) specially showing the peculiar bugs about TFTD.

nice title :)
well, for updates i blew up the artefact site. at first it seemed like it wasn't very hard but the area of the symonium device was loaded with aliens (specially tentaculats) so one of my men couldn't avoid getting zombified :rolleyes:
still, after staying behind some walls and doing hit 'n' run attacks i finally wasted the frontal defense. when i went to blow up the symonium device i didn't bother with aliens. i just sent it my Captain to do the job and then get to the exit point as fast as possible (he's the one with most TUs) without caring about aliens.

now the Transmission Resolver and lots of general stores are built, as well as some Sonic Oscillators so i'm having fun raiding landed ufos. what happened to the good old terror sites? :P

i'm far too much of a money spender to remember to buy SWS :LOL:
still, tanks don't panic, but i rather wait for my labs to research me a Displacer / Sonic.

damn, still no base raids. i have lots of fun blowing up the whole air-lock (or filling it up with particle disturbance grenades) and then when the battle's over it's still intact :P

anyways, raiding a medium/large ufo crash site. no big deal, really, besides it being filled with lobstermans. nasty resistant lobsterman that don't even die with sonic pulsers :crying:
what is interesting is how my soldier spots an alien inside the USO and he's outside the USO! does he have x-ray vision or something? :blink: