XCOMUFO & Xenocide

My game progress.

well, my situation is still unbalanced. sometimes it goes high, sometimes it goes low <_<
a month has passed and 2 of my funders went bye-bye due to the colonies near their territory (which leaves my balance (income-maintainance) to 1 million dollars). money is seriously needed so i can build more workshops for the MANTA production since only 12 technicians can work on it because of the MANTA's size -_- (maybe i should sell some of my 900 zrbite).
i also missed a terror site due to a nasty bug: "if a terror site shows up and a research is completed next (because of the 1Day time speed) you end up with no terror site since the time doesn't slow down in time" :wacko: and them USOs are getting smarter - they either blow up my Barracudas (reason for Load :P ) or run away from them.
which means, i have to get my score back by going after those colonies. now that i'm equipped with Displacers and my men have some M.C. training things it shouldn't be so hard.
i have researched The Ultimate Threat (thx to a Lobsterman Navigator) and HAMMERHEAD (which will also come in production as soon as i have the money and workshop space. after all, Mantas and Hammerheads don't have rental costs :D )
i also can't wait for my Manta to be completed since it will be equipped with a Sonic Oscillator and a P.W.T. Cannon. USOs beware :devillaugh: Edited by SupSuper

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about time i updated this ;)

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Oct 6 2003, 08:12 PM']You should try and snag a lobster commander. That way, you will get leviathians, which kick donkey, manta donkey that is.[/quote]
how do i know which lobsters are commanders? with an m.c. reader?

anyways, i managed to solve my score problem with one simple, easy solution. i loaded up a Trition only with Displacer / Sonics and used it to destroy all the known colonies. with displacers i had no M.C. or zombifying problems, and aliens didn't even attack them except with melee attacks (useless), and it was a real quick and easy job. now my funders should gimme more money and my score should raise highly :D Edited by SupSuper

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Oct 11 2003, 12:32 PM']You know lobsters by 3 ways:

1. M.C. Reader
2. Mind Control him, then you see what he is.
3. Stun him and hope for the best.
3.5: Near the synomin device should be a couple.[/quote]
hmmm... can a Vibro Blade stun lobstermans? it's the only thing i have for such a purpose since i still haven't researched the Thermal Shok Launcher -_-

Vibro blades kill lobsters effectively.

There are technically 3 stun weapons in this game.

1. Thermal tazer (like xcom 1's stun rod. It is a red and yellow thing that you stun lobsters with, works like vibroblade, except that it stuns.)
2. Thermal Shok Launcher (best method)
3. Dye grenade/smoke can stun an alien after a long time. (worst option)

If you use vibroblades, thermic lances, or heavy thermic lances, you will get instant cooked lobster, not a live commander. :D

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Oct 11 2003, 01:41 PM']Vibro blades kill lobsters effectively.

There are technically 3 stun weapons in this game.

1. Thermal tazer (like xcom 1's stun rod. It is a red and yellow thing that you stun lobsters with, works like vibroblade, except that it stuns.)
2. Thermal Shok Launcher (best method)
3. Dye grenade/smoke can stun an alien after a long time. (worst option)

If you use vibroblades, thermic lances, or heavy thermic lances, you will get instant cooked lobster, not a live commander. :D[/quote]
ah, that explains it :P
well, there are still plenty of colonies for me to destroy so either i purchase some Thermal Tazers or wait for the Thermal Shok Launcher research to be complete.

• 3 weeks later...