XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In Tftd: The Game

Signup to join the ongoing battle [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3842"]here[/url]

Captain's Log, 1 Jan 2040
I assumed command of the newly rechartered X-Com at noon today. After reviewing the facilities, personnel, and equipment provided by the Council of Funding Nations, I can only state that, just as in the First Alien War, the world's nations have vastly underrated the enormity of the task they have given us. The inadequate resources they have provided us only shows that they are too involved in their own petty politics to realize the real and present danger presented by the Alien Menace.

Therefore, it is up to us to stop the aliens. If the nations of the world will not give us what we need, then we will provide it ourselves! Just as in the first alien war, we will take the technology of the aliens and use it against them! Victory shall be ours!

OK, so I've started the game...I did the usual startup stuff: hired more scientists and soldiers, started research (medikits, in deference to not letting anyone bleed to death if possible), ordered all that shiny new equipment requested by everyone. Replaced the cannon on Barracuda-1 with the DUP launcher to give it some long range capability, and have ordered more to upgrade Barracuda-2. Also built living quarters, alien containment, & general stores (as the original one is full after ordering all that stuff. :D

- Crus8r

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Alert! Alert! USO detected! All pilots report to the sub pens immediatly! All Aquanauts on ready-5 status! This is not a drill!*

Alien vessel is moving rapidly away from the base, apparently after overflying it without being detected :Blush: Barracuda-2 has been ordered to pursue and engage if at all possible. (Barracuda-1 is still rearming)

-Crus8r

And, after a long chase, Barracuda-2 successfully engaged and disabled the alien contact in the South Atlantic. BTW, I want the head of whoever is responsible for maintaining the targeting systems on the Ajax torpedos! Barracuda-2 fired all six during the engagement and NOT ONE hit! :cussing:

All aquanauts are to stand down and get some rest...we'll hit it in the morning since it ain't goin' nowhere, an' I want everyone fresh and on the Bounce! :D

-Crus8r

Examination of the graphs after downing USO-1 showed continuing alien activity. Further investigation showed the activity was in the North Pacific, so I launched Barracuda-1 (which had finished rearming) to make a sweep. As it was crossing Mexico, it picked up USO-2 off the Baja coast.

-Crus8r

"Aha! So I was right! Barracuda-1, intercept and engage alien contact immedi...What th' heck?!"

The red icon representing the alien sub suddenly disappeared, only to be repace a moment later by a green cross.

"Damn, they've gone to ground...Barracuda-1, get on top of that sub and make sure it doesn't go anywhere!"

*Roger that, HQ. Barracuda-1 flying CAP*

*Red Alert! All Aquanauts report to Triton-1 immediately! This is not a drill!*

Aquanauts:*grumble, grumble* "I thought we had the night off!"

Minutes later, Triton-1 roared off to intercept the alien contact while Barracuda-1 took up stationkeeping over the landing site.

-Crus8r

"Alright, Soldiers, it been a long flight, but I just got off the horn with Barracuda-2, which assumed CAP duties from Barracuda-1 a couple hours ago. The alien vessel hasn't moved since it landed, so we're going in! Thats the good news...the bad news is that its dark as heck out there and we haven't received ANY of the stuff we requisitioned yesterday. That means no chemical flares, and no phosphorus rounds, either. Our new recruits haven't arrived yet, either, so there's just the eight of you. We'll just havta make do with what the Council of Funding Nations decided was adequate manpower and gear. I know, however, that your innate resourcefullness and mad leet skillz will carry the day!"

Aquanauts:"Wha.." "You're joking, right?" "You've gotta be kidding..."

"All Right! Pipe Down! We're gonna git out there and kick some alien butt! Never forget that you're part of X-Com!"

Crus8r:"Oh, you mean an underfunded, understaffed, underequiped organization that can't even remember how to use technology they developed during the last alien war(MEDIKITS!)" :devillaugh:

"Alright, mister, just for that you get to be first to step outta the Triton! Anybody else wanna 'volunteer' for point duty? No? Then grab your gear and hit the sand!"

All: "Yes Sir!"

-Crus8r

[b]Turn 1:[/b]
"Crus8r, check outside the Triton"

Crus8r: Aye,Aye...All clear, looks like we landed in the SE corner of the map (I hate it when the door faces the mapedge)

"Ok...head around the portside wing to the rear of the Triton; Judge_Deadd, you back him up. NKF, you and Deathskull head around the front. Save time for reaction fire. Jonaleth, pop a smoker outside the ship; everyone else prime grenades"

All: Aye,Aye (no aliens spotted)

[b]Alien Turn:[/b]
*ZAP*
Crus8r: Yow! That was close! Uhh...Guys, there's a chunk missing from the Triton's wing!

[b]Turn 2:[/b]
"Crus8r, scout in the direction that shot came from...we gotta get LOS on the bugger"

Crus8r:"Found him, but I'd rather not take the shot...rather tight for torpedos. BTW, I can see the Alien vessel downrange from here" Edited by Crus8r

[b]Turn 2 (continued):[/b]
"Judge_Deadd, see if you can put some fire on that bugger...try not to hit Crus8r!"

Judge_Deadd:"No Problem...firing!" *whack* *thwack* *whack* *Gillman screams and dies* "Nailed'im, Sir!"

Crus8r, looking at the harpoons which had flown right over his shoulder and embedded themselves deep into the gillman's corpse: "No kidding!"

(Crus8r is getting somewhat apprehensive about all the shots whizzing right by his head)

"OK...NKF and Deathskull, keep the south edge of the map to your left and scout west; Jenny and Puasonen, back them up. J'ordos and Jonaleth, head around the back of the Triton and back up the guys there."

All: "Aye" (no aliens spotted)

*movement seen off in the murk North of the dead gillman, and lotsa door noises from alien sub, no alien fire*

[b]Turn 3:[/b]
"Everyone continue scouting, stay focused and report any aliens"

All:"Aye, Sir"

Crus8r: "There's one just North of the alien sub...Fire in the Hole!" *Whoosh* *Boom* "Uhh...I missed...but we won't havta open the sub doors, I blew 'em off!" :Blush:

"Jonaleth, can you get a shot on him?"

Jonaleth: "Negative, Sir, these rock formations are in the way!"

Judge_Deadd: "I think I can...Damn! 2nd Alien just on the other side of that rock formation Crus8r is standing next to!!! Autofiring...missed!"

"Can anyone else get a shot at the 2nd alien?"

Jenny:"Autofiring at 2nd target...missed...not enuff time for another shot. Uh...I can try throwing a grenade at the 1st alien...but I'm not a good thrower."

"Give it a shot."

Jenny:"Grenade!" *throws* "Woohoo! Dead Center!" :rock:

Puasonen:"I can put a grenade there, too! Grenade!" *tosses* "Heh...that's gonna leava mark"

Deathskull, J'ordos, and NKF:"Can't get a shot on either alien, Sir."

"Roger...Keep an eye out and pop 'em if they stick their heads outta cover!"

Jonaleth:"Sir, I can't getta shot on alien #2, but I can put a grenade on him *Throws* Got it!"

(the gillman under the cursor is #2, the one behind the sub is #1)

[b]Between Turns:[/b]
Grenades go off...both survive 1 grenade, but gillman #1 had 2... :devillaugh:

Gillman #2, having survived the grenade, steps around the rocks and *Zortch* shoots Crus8r dead. :crying: He then stops in his tracks, obviously waiting to nail someone with reaction fire.

OK...sorry for the slowness...internet was buggy as heck last night, then the power went out :wacko:
:Edit: maybe those internet bugs aren't gone yet :o
:Edit2: I have administered TLC to the internet server wiv' a mallet...it has sued for clemency and promises good behavior :sly:
:Edit3: It seems my internet problems originate with my ISP...I have offered to come over and administer TLC to THEIR servers wiv' a mallet, but they seem reluctant :huh?:

[b]Turn 4:[/b]
NKF:"I gotta shot! Firing!" *P-WHEEESH* *WHACK!* *Gillman deathscream*

"Good Job! Now, Everyone stay frosty and continue to sweep the area for hostiles"

All:"Roger"

*J'ordos, Judge_Deadd, and Jonaleth move NNW, with Jonaleth checking the NE corner of the map. Meanwhile, Jenny, Deathskull, and Puasonen start to move West along the South side of the map*

Jenny:"Holy Smokes! I got another one South of the sub! Autofiring!" *Whizz* *Thwack!* *Whizz* *ZAP!* *ZAP!* "Whoa! Hit him once, but he just disintegrated the rocks between us!"

Puasonen:"I got 'im!" *Ka-Whoosh* *Ka-Whoosh* *Ka-Whoosh*

Jenny: "Well, You banged up those rocks some more...I think they're very impressed. Can someone please put this sucker down before he shoots at me again?"

NKF: "I can't get a line of fire...Deathskull?"

Deathskull: "These stupid rock formations are in the way...Hold on...Grenade!" *throws* "Maybe that'll keep him busy!"

*Grenade goes off, gillman faints*

[b]Alien Turn: [/b]
*movement inside sub* Edited by Crus8r

*Thinks*

'We really gotta get some chem. flares out there... '

- NKF

'Flares: yes, they are SORELY missed...I always keep several on the transports, just in case...this mission was really tense because of the horrid visibility :whatwhat:

Anyways,
[b]Turn 5:[/b]
*Everyone continues moving cautiously across the map* (no aliens spotted)

*Zzortch*
Deathskull:"Yow! The rock I was hiding behind just disintegrated!"

--OK, here's the map: the A1, A2, etc. are gillmen in order of when they were killed...green tags are current, blue tags indicate the approximate location of aliens killed after the screenshot was taken Edited by Crus8r

Sorry everyone for the delay...a wierd problem has developed with my ISP, I can surf and download fine, but uploading more than a few K at a time fubars my connection :crying:

I've been working on getting things fixed since this weekend, without much success. I will continue trying to get things fixed and will get everything squared away ASAP.

-Crus8r

[b]Turn 6:[/b]
"Can you see who shot at you, Deathskull?"

Deathskull:"Negative."

"OK, southern team, see if you can find that alien...northern team, continue to sweep around the north side of the sub."

Jonaleth and Judge_Deadd: "Nothing spotted on the north side of the sub"

J'ordos:"I can see one in the sub! Firing!" *Pa-Whoosh* *P-Wheet* "Uh-Oh...I missed."

Deathskull:"I've got another one!" *Whizz* *Whizz* *Whizz* "I missed too!"

Jenny:"No problem!" *Whack!* *Thwap!* *Whap!* "Uhh...I hit him 3 times, but he's still standing."

Puasonen:"Take this, alien scum!" *Ka-Whoosh* *WHAK!* "Damn, that's one tough bugger...I hit him too, but he just won't die!"

NKF:"I think I can get a line of fire...yes!" *P-Wheesh* *POP!* *alien screams and dies*

All:"whew! Thought he'd never go down"

J'ordos:"Uhh...can anyone else shoot this alien looking at me? No? Uh-Oh." Edited by Crus8r

*gillman inside sub apparently goes insane, charging up to J'ordos, then turning tail and running back inside the sub?!?*

J'ordos:"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! AAaaaahhhh! Huh? What the....???"

[b]Turn 7:[/b]
J'ordos:"Oh no you don't!" *Pa-Whoosh* *Thwack!* *gillman screams in death* "run up at me, will ya...who's scary now!?"

"OK, J'ordos killed the scary one, so the rest of this mission should be a piece of cake...continue to sweep the surrounding area."

*Everyone moves, spotting no aliens*
(we hit end turn, hoping that's all, but alas...)

*more movement inside sub...and a sonic pulser comes sailing outta the darkness!*
*...to land on the stone ledge above Jonaleth's head*

*BOOOOOMMMM* *the rock ledge is destroyed, but Jonaleth is only slightly hurt, taking 4hp damage but no fatal wounds*

[b]Turn 8:[/b]
"Judge_Deadd, Deathskull, and Puasonen, find the alien that threw that grenade...NKF, Jenny, and J'ordos, take care of any aliens remaining in the sub. Jonaleth, back up the outside team."

Jonaleth:"WHAT? I CAN HARDLY HEAR YOU!"

Jenny:"Found the alien inside...he was hiding behind some of the alien stuff in there." *Thwack!* *gillman faints* "He's down."

*Everyone carrys out their orders, but the last alien remains undetected, somewhere in the NW corner of the map*

[b]Turns 9-11:[/b]
"Everyone stay on their toes, the alien that threw that grenade is still around somewhere...Jonaleth, Judge_Deadd, Deathskull, and Puasonen check out the NW corner while Jenny, J'ordos, and NKF swing around the USO from the south."

All:"Roger."

*Everyone moves through the maze of rock formations in the NW corner of the map, looking for the elusive alien...*

Finally, on [b]turn 11:[/b]

Judge_Deadd: "I've located the other alien." *whizz* *whizz* *whack!* *Zap!* "AAAAHHHH!!!! THE PAIN! THE PAIN!" *Judge_Deadd takes 26hp damage and 4(!) fatal wounds!* "Somebody shoot him quick!! If the mission lasts much longer I'm a goner!"

*Noone else can get a shot this turn, but Deathskull, Puasonen, and Jonaleth converge on the location and take up positions to cover the alcove the alien is in*

*Gillman steps out of alcove, turns toward Judge_Deadd as if to shoot him again, but reaction fire from Deathskull, Puasonen, AND Jonaleth catches him before he can do squat* *gillman deathscream* *mission over* (I think Jonaleth was the one who killed him, but I'm not certain...They all fired)

--the 2 live gillmen died, as we do not yet have alien containment...just as well, they were only soldiers, but I'd rather have gotten the extra 20 points for killing them. Jenny, J'ordos, and NKF had collected their bodies and were gonna kill'em with a grenade, but the battle ended unexpectedly in a hail of reaction fire...

[b]Mission 1 debriefing[/b]

Casualty list:
Crus8r--KIA
Judge_Deadd--wounded, in hospital for 21 days
Jonaleth Irenicus--in the infirmary getting a band-aid (1 day)

"Congratulations, everyone. I'd like to personally commend every one of you for the great job you did under EXTREMELY adverse conditions...hopefully we'll never have to face such a severe shortage of equipment again. Nevertheless, we did recover the alien vessel intact (well, minus the doors :rolleyes: )! That was a great acheivement, and by providing Science Division with an intact alien vessel, we have taken the first step toward ridding our planet of the Alien menace! All hands are hereby promoted to Able Seamen, and special congrats to Deathskull and NKF, who have been promoted to Ensign."

"As it will be late afternoon before the Triton will be serviced and ready to go, and Jonaleth will be out until tomorrow, recovery of crash site-1 can wait until then...barring an alert, everyone can stand down and get some R&R."

--OK, initial requisitions of equipment have arrived and been properly distributed, and a new recruit hired to replace losses. The Triton has been packed (very carefully, as the stuff we captured in the last mission has overfilled stores, meaning once we put something on the Triton, we can't take it off until we clear more space)

Jan 3rd, 2040:
Crew assembled and embarked on Triton-1 this morning by 07:30, and we launched to recover Crash Site-1. There has been no alien activity recorded since the mission yesterday, so all hands are well-rested and prepared for the assault. Medlab has certified Able Seaman Jonaleth fit for duty, and he has resumed his station. Triton-1 touched down at 11:47 and we began deployment.

[b]Turn 1:[/b]
"OK, everyone, the situation is much better this time. Visibility outside is good, although there are several volcanic vents on the seabed that are putting off some smoke. Everyone has been issued their new equipment, but don't get overconfident. I want everyone to stay tight and on the bounce!"

All:"Yes, Sir!"

"OK, we're up against the east edge of the map again, so Deathskull, you and J'ordos scout around the front of the Triton while Jonaleth and NKF head around the portside wing toward the back...Jenny and Puasonen, prime grenades."

All:"Aye, Aye"

*Aquatoid strolls into view from the west, heading directly towards the Triton*

J'ordos: "We gotta new alien race here...looks like a sectoid, only blue-green, and horny...err, I mean spiny. It's carrying one of those weird blue pistols."

Turn 2:
"Well, I'm not interested in dating it...Shoot!"

J'ordos:"Firing, Aye!" *P-Whooo* *P-Wheee* *Whack! Aquatoid screams and collapses*

J'ordos:"Alien down, sir."

Jonaleth:"NE corner clear, sir. We're heading West behind the Triton."

"Copy. Jenny, go with them while Puasonen backs up J'ordos and Deathskull"

Alien Turn:
*Mission Over*

--You mean that's it?...talk about the difference between night and day! 1st mission in pitch darkness and the aliens *hide* and are all sneaky...then in this mission the sole alien obligingly trots right up to be shot! :blink: --

Hmmm....I guess that the USO itself was completely vaporized by Barracuda-2's fearsome Gas Cannon (as the torpedoes all missed), because we didn't even recover any aqua plastics...

OTOH, one of the artifacts that the aquatoid was carrying was an M.C.Reader. Now when we get a live terrorist, we can research m.c. lab without worrying about it.

Anyway, congrats to NKF, our new Lieutenant, and to Judge_Deadd and Puasonen for making Ensign.

"I am pleased to announce the arrival of our new recruits in the fight against the alien menace. We can now field a fully equipped squad to all alien activity sites, greatly enhancing our combat potential. Let the aliens beware!"

Barracuda-2 has been upgraded by replacing the gas cannon with a DUP laucher...I'll switch to dual DUPs once we have enuff store space for the ammo :rolleyes:

[b]Jan 9, 2040[/b]
Science Division has informed me that they have managed to recreate that wonder of emergency medical care, the medikit.

All has been quiet, with no alien activity detected or recorded on the graphs since we recoved crash site-1.

I have instructed our scientists to turn their attention to developing better weapons for us than those lousy harpoon guns, and they report excellent progress...

[b]Jan 10, 2040[/b]
Science Division has reported that the theoretical gauss weapons have proven to be attainable, and they are starting to draw up plans for production of a working prototype...progress is excellent.

Engineering Division reports that the first prototype of the medikit will be available soon...we're only making a couple to start, as we currently only have 10 technicians and I anticipate a need to produce gauss guns when we get them...

[b]Jan 10, 2040[/b]
At 20:28, sensors picked up USO-3 slightly North of the Amazon River Delta, heading NW, speed 2800. Barracuda-1 was launched in pursuit, with #2 on Ready-5.

20:56 - Barracuda-1 intercepted USO-3 and reported that contact was the same class vessel as USo-2, which we have designated 'Escort.' Contact was engaged but accellerated away after being hit by a D.U.P torpedo.

21:12 - Contact with USO-3 reestablished, and it was successfully shot down. As nightfall is imminent at the crash site, recovery operations will not be initiated until tomorrow morning.

[b]Jan 11, 2040[/b]
Our new General Stores are completed, just in time for recovery of crash site-2. We now have room to order more equipment as needed.

Science Division has completed drawing up plans for the new Gauss Pistol, but we won't have any on the upcoming mission for 2 reasons: we haven't built any yet, and we're still researching the power clips anyway. However, we hope to have working prototypes deployed in the feild soon.

All Aquanauts are to report to Triton-1 by 0800hrs for mission prep and embarkation.

Cool storytelling, keep it up and running. And get some kills to Puasonen :D

I think it's going pretty good for now. I guess everyone's seen some action, and we all are sure to get kills at the first terror site. Good story telling and playing Crus8r.

BTW: If possible, later in the game, I would like to continue my sniping using dual pistols (sonic and gauss) so I can use gauss against weaker races and pistol against heavy armored ones (haven't ever tried this before, so if it doesn't seem to work, we'll figure something out together :) ).

Good luck mates!

Thanks for the praise, guys....glad that ppl are enjoying the story :Blush:

I realized that I forgot to mention that I've started a new base...I don't normally do so quite this early, but I wanted to make allowance for the possiblity of new recruits joining us as we continue the campain, thus needing a 2nd Triton. So, rather than build a 4th sub pen at the main base, I started a new base (at the cheapest spot I could find, the Sea of Japan.) This base will of course remain minimalist for some time, but i'm thinking it may eventually become the Factory base...

We're currently researching power clips for Gauss Pistols...after that I will do Gauss Rifles and Clips, then probably Sonic Pulsers (you may have noticed, I use grenades a lot :naughty: ). After that, we could return to researching gauss weapons, or start on the sonics...of course if we get deep ones, armor will get priority. Drop a line in the discussion thread if you wanna give your opinion!

- Crus8r

[b]Captain's Log, Jan 11, 2040:[/b]

No alien activity during the night, and all aquanauts mustered this morning at 0800hrs, except for Ensign Judge_Deadd, who will be in the hospital for another 2 weeks. Everyone has been issued and checked out on all their equipment, and the troops looked very smart at inspection.

As this will be the first time we will be feilding a full squad of 14 troopers, the squad will be subdivided into 3 teams of four: red, blue, and gold, with 2 soldiers in reserve. Teams were selected for flexible response capability, with a mix of heavy and standard weaponry in each team. We then spent an hour on drills and tactical exercises to ensure that the teams worked smoothly together.

Current team assignments are:

Red - Ensign Deathskull, Remysweet, Cpl. Facehugger, and Centurion.

Blue - Ensign Puasonen, Jenny, Robo Dojo, and Crus8r-1.

Gold - Lieutenant NKF, J'ordos, Jonaleth Irenicus, and Mamutas.

After a final check on their equipment, all aquanauts boarded Triton-1 and at 1220hrs we landed at crash site-2.

[b]Turn 1[/b]
"Ok, Everyone...its showtime! Barracuda-1 reported that the alien vessel is the same class as the first, so we know there could be quite a few aliens present. We don't know yet if its gillmen, aquatoids, or some new buncha freaks we're facing, so report in the instant you make contact."

All:"Yes, Sir!"

"OK...Red team, I want you to scout toward the nose of the Triton; Blue team, you head the other way; Gold - get ready to give support to whomever needs it. Seaman Redshirt, if you'd be so kind as to open the door..."

*Redshirt opens the door, revealing white sand and several objects sticking out of the ocean floor, but no aliens*

Redshirt:"Looks like a wrecked ship sank here, sir. No aliens in sight."

"Right then...I want everyone on their toes! Move out!"

All:"Yessir!"

*Everyone begins moving out*

Deathskull:"Contact! Its Aquatoids, Sir!"

"Very well. Take him out...I want the rest of red team to be ready to back him up."

*Deathskull kneels and draws a bead on the aquatoid* *Whizz* *Thwak!* *Aquatoid screams and collapses as a third harpoon whizzes through the space it just occupied* "HA! I got it! They don't seem to be as tough as those gillmen..."

"That would be nice...don't get cocky, though!" Edited by Crus8r

[b]Turn 1 (cont):[/b]
Puasonen:"There's another one behind the Triton! *P-Whee* "Damn...shot away his cover, anyway!"

Jenny:"I got it!" *Thwack!* *Aquatoid dies on first shot* "They do seem somewhat easier to kill than those gillmen."

*Everyone continues to move out as planned. Red team reports that the SE corner is clear and prepares to move West across the bottom of the map. Blue team scouts North around the rear of the Triton. Gold team prepares to move North in support of blue team.*

Alien Turn:
*Nothing much happens...*

[b]Turn 2:[/b]
*Everyone continues to move, with red team moving West along the South edge of the map, blue team pushing North, and Gold moving NW around the rear of the Triton...no aliens spotted*

*Once again, nothing much happens...*

[b]Turn 3:[/b]
*Continuing to scout...*
Deathskull:"There's one in that wreck!...I have no line of fire!"

Centurion:"I do!" *Pa-whoosh* "Missed!"

Cpl. Facehugger: "Lemme try!" *Pa-Whoop* *Whakk!* *Deathscream* "Muahahaha! Die, Alien scum!"

Remysweet:"I think I'll walk around in a circle because of the stupid pathing algorithms :P"

[b]Turn 3 (cont'):[/b]
Robo Dojo:"I've spotted one on high on that slanting deck!"

Puasonen:"I got him..." *Ka-Whirr* Ka-Wheee* *K-whooo* *Pak!* "Hit him once, but he's still standing!"

Robo Dojo:"I'm taking the shot!"

"No! Wait!..."

*Whack!* *Zzzaarrkk!* "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" *Aquatoid calmly turns shoots Robo Dojo dead! :crying: *

"Dammit!! I told him that freaking dart pistol was no better than spitting at them, but nooooo.....Can anyone else get a shot at it?"

[b]Still Turn 3:[/b]
Mamutas:"I have a grenade...whups, outta range."

Crus8r:"Hang on...Yes!" *Pa-whoosh* *BOOM!* *Aquatoid dies* "Heh...blew a hole in the deck and it fell through...its dead."

Jenny:"Found the alien vessel in the NE corner of the map...It doesn't LOOK damaged..."

*Everyone else moves, no more aliens spotted.*

*Door noises from alien sub*

[b]Turn 4:[/b]
NKF:"Crus8r, Jenny, don't move!...there's an aquatoid waiting to ambush you from behind that yellow thing...Hold on. Fire in the hole!" *Ka-Wheet* *BOOM!* "Problem eliminated!"

*Red team continues West across the southern part of the map, finding the Western edge, but still scouting the SW corner; while blue and gold teams begin to converge on the alien sub*

*More door noises...but we have the door covered, and nothing comes out.*

[b]Turn 5:[/b]
*Red team completes their westward sweep, declaring the SW corner clear, and turns North, heading for the NW corner. Blue and Gold teams continue to converge on the alien vessel.*

*Aquatoid steps out of the sub and heads North...Crus8r reaction fires* *Ka-Wharr* *BOOM!* *Aquatoid dies* :rock:

[b]Turn 6:[/b]
*Red team completes their northward sweep, finishing the exploration of the map...no aliens are spotted. Blue and gold teams tighten the lines around the USO and prepare to move in.*

[b]Alien turn:[/b]
*Nothing Happens*

[b]Turn 7:[/b]
"OK, NKF, Jenny, and Crus8r, continue to cover the door while Jonaleth and Mamutas get ready to move in....Go!"

*Jonaleth opens door, sees Aquatoid right in front of him* *Thwack!* *Whizz* *Whack!* *Aquatoid screams in death* "Got one!"

Mamutas:"There's another one!" *Whack!* *zzip* *Smack!* *Scream* "Woohoo! Take that, Ugly!"

*End of Mission*

"Whew! That's all of them. Good Work, everyone! Signal the recovery teams to begin operations at once. J'ordos and Puasonen, please recover our fallen comrade...and his equipment, I guess. (stoopid dart pistols...)"

[b]Mission 3 debriefing:[/b]

Casualty list:
Robo Dojo 58

"Good Job, troopers! Our third mission went very well, demonstrating that the tactics we've developed are sound. The only blemish was the sad death of Robo Dojo...and I consider that to be due to using the wrong tool for the job. The dart pistol is far too weak for anything but training or MAYBE delivering the final shot to a badly wounded alien. I hope that all aquanauts take note and equip themselves more effectively before leaving the Triton in the future."

"Congratulations to Cpl. Facehugger, Crus8r-1, and Mamutas for their promotion to Able Seaman. Current command ratings are filled, so there were no command level promotions. Personnel has been notified to secure a replacement for our casualty."

"The alien vessel we recovered was completely intact (including the doors, :P), so Science Division now has multiple samples of the alien technologies it contained... unfortunately, they have informed me that the matierials used in the construction of the alien subs have baffled all attempts to analyze them, so unless there is a breakthrough, it may be some time before we can develop armor as we did in the first alien war."

"Again, Good job, everyone!"

[b]Captain's Log, Jan 14, 2040:[/b]
"Science Division has finished the plans for Gauss Pistol Clips, and Engineering Division has allocated technicians to producing them...They had shifted production from medikits to Gauss Pistols yesterday, so we should have prototype Gauss Pistols available on our next mission. I've directed our scientists to continue developing Gauss weaponry, and we should see even more powerful weapons soon."

"Recruit Robo Dojo-1 arrives at noon today, which will restore us to a full squad of 14. Work continues on schedule for our new base modules, and soon the base will be fully operational."

[b]Jan 14, 2040:[/b]
14:40:05
*Alert! Alert! USO detected! All pilots report to the sub pens immediately! All Aquanauts on ready-5 status! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is NOT a drill!*

"Alien vessel detected over Panama, vectoring NNW toward the Baja coast at high speed. Barracuda-1, launch immediately and intercept contact!"

Barracuda-1: "Roger, Sir! Launching now!"

*Barracuda-1 roars off in pursuit, while deck crews swarm over Barracuda-2, doublechecking systems and preping it for launch if neccessary.*

15:20:25
Barracuda-1:"Sir, we have reached visual range of the target. Target does not match anything in our database."

"Very Well...Link into the system and upload all telemetry and data here, then engage the target...Be sure to remain linked and set your scanners for maximum resolution during the attack. Communications Officer! Open a new file for USO-4 and collect all data uploaded for further analysis!"

Barracuda-1:"Aye, Sir! Scanners at maximum...engaging target! Sir! Target has accelerated away after being hit with a DUP torpedo! Adopting pursuit, continuing scans..."

*USO-4 flees North, skirting the California coastline near San Francisco, then heading NW out to sea before decellerating*

15:48:05
Barracuda-1:"Alien Contact has been re-engaged. Initiating attack run!"

*A second DUP torpedo slams into the hull of USO-4, and it crashes to the ocean floor.*

Barracuda-1:"Alien contact has been neutralized...its a lot bigger than the Escorts, but doesn't seem any tougher."

"Good Job, Barracuda-1, make a few more circuits for the sensor logs, then head back to the barn"

Barracuda-1:"Roger that, Sir. Barracuda-1 out."