XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Commentary (teehee)

Devatar

Wow. :o

This would undoubtedly be the biggest competition for xenocide. (not that it's a competition, and not that there would be many competitors. I'm just flakey, aren't I?)

If they get to finish it, that is.

The game has great concept, but it may all be too ambitious for an open source project. But well, who knows, these guys might just pull it off.

Best of luck to the EDF team! :beer:

• 1 month later...
So now we need to start breaking up that group, and try to pull the members into our fold, bwahaha! Soon the X-Com world will be ours! Muah ha ha!!! :devillaugh:

Hey -

To anyone reading this, Bruener is clearly joking. We have done nothing, other than be the best crew, that has hindered any other project. In fact, I am not even aware of any EDF people that are now working on Xenocide.

Gold

Guest Jim69
Not that I am sayin we should poach ne1, but if it is true that they have stopped, shouldn't someone invite them for a kinda merger? Some of their ideas on AI were clearly good and they seemed to have some good ideas. Again, I'm not sayin poach some guys, more of an offer to the whole project to help this one if they actually have stopped.

• 5 months later...
LOL. you guys are TOO nice. EDF doesnt seem to be making ANY progress. They have great ideas, but ideas are worth little unless action is taken to acheive them. You dont give your selves enough credit. What you are doing is incrediable and should be looked upon as so. :rock:

• 1 month later...

LOL. Yes, I am a 'defector' from EDF, but I'm not sure that term 100% describes what happened. when I was looking around at x-com games, I found EDF, and thought I'd offer my help to them - help which was pretty much roundly rejected (as I think, any help would have been).

So, I went and did it myself instead. Talon has ground to a halt for the last few months too, but I'm still around, and will (hopefully) get my finger out soon.

I have (quietly) suggested a merger, but I'm still playing with code and 3rd party libs (and real work in real life), so I 'm not sure what we could do that'd be really useful.

Certainly we could share code bits, and models, etc where needed. everything's OSS anyway, so we can't stop each other, but it might be nicer to work with each other on these kind of things.

anyway, ramble over. see ya.