XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Screenshot Request.

koriand'r

it doesn't even look great, it looks like the larval form of a squid or something

i always envisioned a huge squid or something

also, what exactly does it do besides sit there. Does it attack?

so it doesn't attack or do anything in the game? Thats even more disappointing, i was thinking of something that shot out bursts of acid or something, but it doesn't even attack?

Perhaps they use the sleeper's brainwaves to run their computer - ah - MC network without its knowledge. When your aquanauts destroy its batteries (controls the water temperature for its coffin/bed), it wakes up, it finds all these cables and things attached to its oversized cranium, with some tangled in its tentacle beard, and there's these tinned monkeys in its bedroom, it gets into a righteous tantrum and - no, no let's just say it pushes the easily operated self destruct switch that's located well within arms reach. Probably an 'oops' moment, but no one can really tell.

So while you don't get to fight some major boss, it still ruins your day as the fate of your aquanauts (which you spent the whole game nurturing to their present state) is not concluded in a satisfactory manner.

But look on the bright side - the sleeper's a bit tougher than the UFO master Brain in that you had to destroy 6 - 8 objects other than the indestructable cask holding the Sleeper, while the Brain died when only 1 part of its 4 pieces is destroyed.

The 'boss' is in fact the entirety of the final level as opposed to the leader that's occupying the centre of said stronghold.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

True but then in UFO it states the leading authority of the aliens is a brain of some form so i wasn't expecting too much from it. However in terror of the deep it states the final boss as 'the ultimate alien' At least they could had shown the thing in dormant stasis with its eyes closed with an intimdating look in that you do not want it awake or somthing to smphaise that its 'ultimate' for a reason.

I think that M.C. should have been disabled in the final level as well that would have made it slightly more challenging and suprising. no save + no M.C. = fun. I also would have liked new aliens to spawn in those vast empy caverns. I really don't like the idea of a boss in X-com though.