XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART - Stun Launcher

PopeBij

Iv been working on breunor's small launcher a bit, and was wondering What shading should it have. Im not very good at it, and if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Also I made a fridge...Cuz I was bored and had nothing to do. Tell me what I can do to make it better.

God im so glad I have a project to fill all my free time

Broken_fridge.zip

post-1-1098081812_thumb.jpg

Edited by Micah

I like the design.

My only concern is that I think the small launcher was an alien weapon.. and if it was, then we might need to alter it to make it look less human.. (I haven't played xcom in probably a good 8 years.)

Otherwise I like the shape of it. If it's a human weapon, I think we could skin it up like a side loading, break barrel grenade launcher and it'd look sweet. It looks like a stylish H&K grenate pistole. For the xnet version it would probably need to include a ladder sight. The stalk could use a little more angularity too- if the weapon is human.

I'm not a modeller so I can't comment on the modelling techniques used. The vertices do look a little awkward to my lay-man eye.

I don't have 3d studio so I can't say anything about your fridge. I was kind of eager to see it, tho. We need more prefabs like that.

1 last thing.. that bmp very large. I think that it would be a little easier on those with dialup if you kept the size of the rendered images down slightly.

Edited by fux0r666

The small launcher was an alien based weapon, I had worked up the design early on so I agree that it's a little too human in design. Perhaps if the finger guard of the grip was replaced with the standard grip sleeve design like the plasma weapons have, it could be made to flow nicely from the main barrel body. The only other thing would be the shoulder stock; how to make that support look alien in design?

The dark purple piece (the differing colors are there just to help make the various groupings stand out) was supposed to be the slide for loading ammo.

small_launcher.jpg

Here is a zip with a bunch of renderings I made of the fridge and the small launcher. I think what’s missing from the small launcher is the old fashioned bumpy blob thingy with a tube leading to the main barrel, Kind of like in the old one. Or just well placed good looking tubes :idea: Either way any ideas or suggestions would be great. Also if there is anything in particular I should be working on tell me. I really grateful to be working on this project :master:

Bij

The_old_fridge.zip

I finished up the butt and I have to move on to getting the rest of the interface catelogued. This is the human version of the launcher. added a zip with the obj and 3ds of the model.

popebij: fridge looks nice, but the destoryed one looks too rough and splintered. If you want to keep working on environmental stuff thats fine, or you can help fux with the alien modeling tf.

launcher.png

Edited by Vaaish