XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I Need Tech Tree

Guest JOsh_man

Here are the only really important ones;

UFO type 3- Biotrans

Ufo Type 5- explorer

UFO type six- retaliator

alien battleship- annhilator

Every alien except queenspawn, brainsucker pod, and overspawn autopsy- Toxin C.

Disruptor+ Disruptor shield+ Small disruption shield (craft version)- Disruptor armor.

The alien dimension+ Alien building one (in the bio menu)- The ability to attack alien building one.

Alien building one destroyed- the ability to research alien building two.

Hope it helps.

Don't forget the Dimension Probe. That's the main prerequisite for the Biotrans.

Dimension Probe: Type-3 UFO and two of the three UFO components. I can't remember which one is unnecessary.

If I remember correctly, you also get the large workshop from the dimension probe.

Anti-Alien gas weapons (grenades, large+mini rockets): All the aliens you need to get Toxin-C in addition to a live Queenspawn.

Large Biochem lab: Multiworm

Most of the alien weapons and gadgets are incredibly straightforward. Find one, research it, use it. That's pretty much it.

Overall, the Type-3 is the most important research topic in the game. You can miss out on the others and still win the game, but without a type-3, you cannot even get to the alien dimension.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get micronoid alive even if I stunned it! :cussing: How can I get it alive?

And how on earth are you supposed to get megaspawn alive?

Both aliens are captured in the usual ways.

a. You need to stun the creature. Make sure it's not killed by wounds. (the overhead map can help here)

b. You need a bio transport module on your ship.

c. You need a base with enough containment space.

For the micronoids - you can only stun them with the stun grapples. Stun grenades will not work. If you had super strong psi powers, you could try mind-stunning it - but I doubt this would be easy even with a naturally maxed psi trooper. Personally, I prefer to just send in an android armed with grapples. Then have it hang around a micronoid aggregate and let the other soldiers finish the mission. This way, if I need to wound the micronoid to stun it, the wounds won't count since the mission will end straight away.

As for megaspawn, stun gas and grapples will stun them. But since they have so much health, you must bring their health down a bit - or you could throw a continuous succession of stun grenades and increasing its stun levels with the impact damage. It's very hard to do this, and the timing between detonations is critical. Just hurt it a bit and stun it. You'll probably need a sizeable amount of space in your containment module to store it. Half, I think.

A few notes regarding stunning:

Grapples can only knock out a creature if its health is slightly under the maximum amount of stun damage that the grapples can deal (I have a feeling it was double ... somewhere around 80). For some reason, even if stun damage does get compounded, it seems to reach a limit.

Grapples cannot go through shields - but stun gas and mind-stunning can.

If an enemy unit is stunned, but you still have a lot more to do and want to keep it stunned, there are two procedures you can perform. Periodically force attack the body with stun grapples - this requires a lot of maintenance. Or have a soldier stand on top of the body and do not move for the rest of the mission. This will keep the unit stunned indefinitely -- or at least until you move away from the tile.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

For the micronoids - you can only stun them with the stun grapples. Stun grenades will not work.

Damn, I never use grapples 'cause I thought they suck. So I stunned them with stun grenades. That'd be the reason why I didn't get them then.

As for megaspawn, stun gas and grapples will stun them. But since they have so much health, you must bring their health down a bit - or you could throw a continuous succession of stun grenades and increasing its stun levels with the impact damage. It's very hard to do this, and the timing between detonations is critical. Just hurt it a bit and stun it. You'll probably need a sizeable amount of space in your containment module to store it. Half, I think.

I think it'll need more than half because even a megaspawn corpse needs 60% :o

Stunning that overgrown teddybear is too hard, and toxin B is so damn good that I don't understand where I would need toxin C.. I hope all aliens dead and alive aren't needed to anything else?

Or have a soldier stand on top of the body and do not move for the rest of the mission. This will keep the unit stunned indefinitely -- or at least until you move away from the tile.

Are you sure? I KNOW it doesn't work in ufo 1 or 2 but does it really work in apoc? And does it work on Psimorphs and megaspawns too?

Hey, at one time, I kept the first popper I stunned at bay for the rest of the mission this way. Next time I did it, I forgot to set the soldier's aggression modifier to aggressive, and the idiot moved away when an alien got close, and shortly afterwards... you can fill in the blank yourself. ;)

But yes, for the large units, this will keep them down.

- NKF

Hey, at one time, I kept the first popper I stunned at bay for the rest of the mission this way. Next time I did it, I forgot to set the soldier's aggression modifier to aggressive, and the idiot moved away when an alien got close, and shortly afterwards... you can fill in the blank yourself. ;)

But yes, for the large units, this will keep them down.

- NKF

Poppers are a pain in the arse in the beginning but they are easy to stop in later state of game. And even if you don't stop them, they won't harm you at all if you have a personal diruptor shield or whatever the name was. I would very much like to see that mountain sized megaspawn staying still because 50kg weight of woman soldier is sitting on it's back. :D

It's not that hard to get a stunned micronoid and megaspawn, use stun grenades and androids against the micronoid, it's unarmed. 10 stun grenades thrown at a megaspawn at the entrance of a UFO often does the trick. Dual shields are recommended though and stay away from the entrance with all other troops but the stun team.

With toxin C, you can cut through whole alien armies like their butter :hate:

Edited by Whitewashed

Easy, flank it! ;)

Seriously though, the queenspawn's got one heavily corrosive spit attack. Approaching it head-on is suicide, even with full disrupter armour and multiple disrupter shields.

My general strategy against the queen (prior to getting teleporters) is to move up close while using the laser curtains as a shield. Maybe I'll toss in a vortex mine at the queen to kill the eggs on either side of it first and bring the queen's health down a bit. Then, have one soldier distract the queen far down the hallway. While the queen is busy attacking the soldier who is nimbly evading the spit, the others burst through to either side of the queen and it's pretty much at my mercy from then onwards. The rest of the mission is a simple mop-up operation. Once everything is clear, the queen is suffocated with stun gas and continuous stun grapple attacks while another soldier slowly brings the queen's health level down to a 'stun-able' level. Bam. The aliens are dishonoured!

- NKF

With toxin C, you can cut through whole alien armies like their butter

I think Toxin B does the same. Where do I need anything more powerful? :huh?:

Ohh yeah? Try catching a queenspawn without hiding behind stuff!

Queenspawn? Why don't I remember that. I have played the game through a long time ago and I remembered megaspawns and psimorphs but not queenspawns. :huh?: Now I'm in very late game. Very large ufos are flying in the city and I have disruptor armours and shields and toxin b. And a few Annihilators too. But I haven't seen queenspawn yet!

Edited by Nyyperoid

• 11 months later...