XCOMUFO & Xenocide

plasma is not some form of thing that happens in some far away galaxic, it has been reproduced here, its simply super-heated gas, so why can't humans make there own plasma weapons, i hate having to use irriplacibal resorces, IE elerium to create ammo for a gun, so why can humans use the alien weapons as a template for a new sort of human plams gun?

just because you can make plasma doesn't mean you can make plasma repell out of a gun fast and accuretly enough, and still keep it confined inside a small pistol/rifle and STILL have it light enough to carry.

Same thing goes with lasers.

Besides, we CAN use plasma weapons without problems. Its Xenium we can't reproduce. It is created far far away, and is brought to Earth. We don't know how it is made, and can't figure out how to reverse engineer it. However, we CAN use it to make plasma. Theres absolutely no problem in that.

You're not chunking out big blobs of Xenium in plasma weapons : plasma is used to GENERATE plasma, and it is by FAR more efficient at it then anything we can come up with. Theres the diffrence.

Edited by mikker

You can't just make plasma in weapons you know :NoNo:

plasma is gas so super-heated that the atoms break apart into a charged cloud similar to gas. The heat needed to do so would not be able to fit inside a backpack unless you carry around a truck, and the heat generated would instantly light the agent on fire. But the aliens have xenium to make plasma instead.

How do mushrooms make plasma?

badgers. Lots of badgers.

But really. You don't wanna know.

I think i know a way...

hmm...

Plasma currently would just fall on the ground and melt through the floor... so it has to be seperated from touching by anti grav which the aliens already have... Xenium is used a small thing to create plasma... instead of as said before an entire truck...

You COULD move it gravetically. However, this magnetically thing seems to be working fine. You could also just launch plasma the same way you launch human bullet, an explosion pushes the projectile out of the barrel.

Guest Azrael
You COULD move it gravetically. However, this magnetically thing seems to be working fine. You could also just launch plasma the same way you launch human bullet, an explosion pushes the projectile out of the barrel.

The idea we're toying with is to have it moved gravitically.

Plasma is technically a completely ionized gas. That means none of the particles in the plasma state have electrons orbiting them while there are tons of free electrons. This means the electronegativity of the plasma is massive, so magnetic acceleration would be really effecient. As I understood it, the Xenium isolates the plasma from the rest of the assembly and makes the gun a lot lighter. I guess it could also be used for power.

thanks t-1, i fixed the triple post

well, i think its because i have been complaining about the current CTD for the Fusion weapons, because they were doing things that i don't think is physically possible. So i said something about what about using energy instead to cause a gravitational warp. I guess it is now an issue and is being discussed, with Kikanaide as one of the main debaters. It might not have been me though :)

Guest Azrael
thanks t-1, i fixed the triple post

well, i think its because i have been complaining about the current CTD for the Fusion weapons, because they were doing things that i don't think is physically possible.  So i said something about what about using energy instead to cause a gravitational warp.  I guess it is now an issue and is being discussed, with Kikanaide as one of the main debaters.  It might not have been me though :)

That was not the reason, the discussion began before you came.

Why are fusion weapons called fusion weapons if they're really antimatter?

Current concept does not contain antimatter, and the name is no longer Fusion.

• 2 weeks later...

something around xenium explosion fuels a reactor that makes a gravitational distortion that causes damage

the black hole idea does not work :wink1: (right smiley?)

edit: nope, not right smiley - here we go, right smiley now

Edited by blehm

• 1 year later...

An idea about plasma weapons. An Alien plasma weapon is actually a railgun that shoots small capsules that contain small amounts of xenium. Something in the gun barrel causes reaction in xenium so it emits plasma. (some sort of electrical field in barrel?) So in the end, it shoots bullets, that turn superheated plasma in, in incredible speed that practically goes thru its targets with combined power of incredible heat (that surpasses simple laser multiple times) and impact of plasmatic xenium piece. (yes, there is kinetic effect of the "bullet" too).

That would bring more realism to alien weaponry. Familiar technology to humans, yet so alien. Actually we humans in real life already have incredible ideas and basic technology that actually work! Like gamma ray, laser, infrared laser and railgun. Problem is that we dont have enough techonolgy to make them portable and provide a strong enough powersource at the same time. Thats where aliens have surpassed us. Our ideas and theories brought to reality because of their superior technology and incredible portable power sources (super Duracel batteries!!! :D Drum-bunny toy can do turbo blastbeat a hundred years before running out of power!!! :P )

Edited by MaaZeus