6 replies to this topic

#1 Longshot

Longshot

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:02 AM

So I'm having a little trouble making some of the features work.

According to the "help" section F9 should bring up the mini-map but I lost mine when I re-sized for my laptop screen, a 15' widescreen...is it lost for good or am I an idiot?

Also, it says to turn down music that you hit "keypad" and +/-...what is the keypad???

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Still love this thing!

#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:02 AM

To resize the screen (and to make the minimap appear/disappear) press left shift plus arrow keys. Oh, and the readme files included contain this and all other types of information ;)

#3 Twilight Owl

Twilight Owl

Project Member: UFO 2000

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:24 AM

Also, it says to turn down music that you hit "keypad" and +/-...what is the keypad???

Probably it is mistake and it means "numpad +/-"...

Edited by Twilight Owl, 12 January 2005 - 07:56 AM.

Sorry for my English :)

Posted Image
UFO2000 team
[programmer, map maker]

#4 Longshot

Longshot

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

To resize the screen (and to make the minimap appear/disappear) press left shift plus arrow keys. Oh, and the readme files included contain this and all other types of information

I know there is always 500 people asking the questions that you thought about and put in the readme, sorry not to make that 499. I guess what I'm asking is, if I have the game full screen do I lose the mini-map altogether?

Probably it is mistake and it means "numpad +/-"...

I'm sorry for being a total dimwit, but what button exactly is the numpad? I've got a laptop so I don't have right keys for numbers, I only have the keys across the top row. Yes, I feel as dumb as you are thinking I am right now... :OhBrother:

But you still get a: :Hug: (a manly hug, though...and I'm not copping a feel or anything...)

#5 Longshot

Longshot

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

Ok, so...the guy I was playing was able to hit "numlock" on his conventional keyboard, and it turned off his music altogether, I really need to turn mine off to but pressing numlock and "-" isn't working...can any of you tell me why or what I should try instead. Failing that, can I just remove the music file from the UFO2000 folder without affecting the other sounds?

Please help?

Edited by Longshot, 12 January 2005 - 10:00 PM.

#6 Hailfire22

Hailfire22

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

Ok, so...the guy I was playing was able to hit "numlock" on his conventional keyboard, and it turned off his music altogether, I really need to turn mine off to but pressing numlock and "-" isn't working...can any of you tell me why or what I should try instead. Failing that, can I just remove the music file from the UFO2000 folder without affecting the other sounds?

Please help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to remove the battlescape music than just cut the TACTICAL.whateverformat out of the X-COM folder and paste it somewhere else, preferably with the file in another folder inside the "sound folder". It would kinda be like X-COM/SOUND/*insert name*/old tactical music. That ought to get rid of it.

#7 Longshot

Longshot

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:39 PM

Ok that worked well, although I had to take out the newmusic folder from the main UFO2000 folder so it looks like:

UFO2000/Nemmusic/folderx

The game sounds work fine, with no background music.

Thanks.