XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Won't Install On Xp

Guest Guest

Hey I've been trying to install Interceptor on XP and it will only go as far as the autorun screen. If I select install or run setup in the cd it wont do a single thing. Its as if I can't even press the executable because absolutely nothing happens. If a do it in the autorun screen it simply closes it and thats it!! ARGHH why is this happening? Anyone else with problems installing it?

Hey I've been trying to install Interceptor on XP and it will only go as far as the autorun screen. If I select install or run setup in the cd it wont do a single thing. Its as if I can't even press the executable because absolutely nothing happens. If a do it in the autorun screen it simply closes it and thats it!! ARGHH why is this happening? Anyone else with problems installing it?

well, I can't remember anything about that, but i don't think I had problems installing it here (XP), try compatibility mode, or perhaps you can find all data on the CD and you just have to copy?

Where did you get the CD from?

• 2 weeks later...

I borrowed the CD so I don't know where it was bought. So how do I go about copying the data from the CD onto the computer...it crashes if I just drag the program files section onto my drive and run it..

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
I have XP Home and the installation was quick and uneventful. Do you have XP Professional? Professional has less tolerance on DOS and Win9x programs because in both cases, the OS they were designed for runs off a DOS kernal and DOS is the natural enemy of XP. Professional is more security tight then Home and it may be your OS thats killing the process. First I want you to expand the files that runs your NTVDM subsystem namely autoexec.bat, command.com, and config.sys once you expand those files take note of what happened and if you have anymore problems post them here I'll try to help the best I can.