XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Baseview Ii

Guus

The previous baseview thread won't open for me, so I'm starting this new one.

So, apart from the dimensions, how is the baseview screen going to look like? If I'm right, there were several different idea's on what-goes-where, together with fancy things like tooltips and information in some window on the building that's under the cursor.

I updated my piece of code. Now, there's a mock menu (ok, ok, it's just a bunch of green squares) to show that the rotation of the base is visible 'under' the menu.

Executable in zip. Beware! This software is very beta. Althoug it isn't giving me problems, be sure to save and close everything important before you try to execute it.

(Escape to exit

F1 and F2 to zoom

F3 and F4 to rotate

arrow keys to move around

F11 to reset)

baseview.zip

Guus -

Thats a lot of fun to play with :D . I'm also happy to report that it doesnt crash, or crash my computer! Yey!

I really suggest everyone check it out, and play with the zoom/rotate/move commands. Then play a game of X-Com. Mmmmm, I'm loving the new 3D possibilities.

Perhaps you could incorporate Vaaish's excellent faciliy models?

Its a great concept piece, if you add some more xenocidish stuff to it, it would make a nice addition to the Geoscape alpha.

Great work,

Gold

Micah has been informed of the down threads, but you should be able to read up on the baseview design thread by viewing the "View New Posts" link, and you'll see the thread itself in that list. I encountered your issue as well, some forum links not working, some thread links not working. Give that a try for now.