XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New Ideas -Research inspiration

Here Are Some Ideas I Have Come Up With

Plasma Weapons prove to Difficult To Replicate Although The Technical Info Gained, When Usedin Conjunction With The Laser Weaponms Technology, Leads To You Being Able To Research Particle Weapons which Work along the same Basic Principles As Plasma Weapons But Which prove easy for humans to create....

more soon ;p

• 1 month later...

I work in research, something that I found a bit odd with the origonal was that researching ground breaking new discoveries from fragmented bits of space-craft took next to no time i.e. a month. I can't even do a lit review in that time! I just think that the pace of the last game with regards to research was wayyyy! too fast. A new piece of tech should be a rare thing and something to be initially tresured.

One thing that did annoy me was the development cost's of new craft, weapons did not come down even though you had been making them for 1-2 years. Once all of the Plasma weapons have been R&D'd for a length of time can they not be cheaper to produce i.e. mass production additional research.

this has been discussed before. If someone make the human equiliants of the plasma weapons, of course.

One thing that did annoy me was the development cost's of new craft, weapons did not come down even though you had been making them for 1-2 years.

In 1-2 years, earth will be conquered by the aliens.

Edited by Robo Dojo 58

One solution would be to make time scale much bigger. Instead of days and weeks, it would be about months and years. Long periods of slow research and manufacture, with few brief flashes in a month there is fierce battle. Travelling to mars and back takes its time too... Even with alien craft.

Don't know if it really would work... You are welcome to shoot me down.

One solution would be to make time scale much bigger. Instead of days and weeks, it would be about months and years. Long periods of slow research and manufacture, with few brief flashes in a month there is fierce battle. Travelling to mars and back takes its time too... Even with alien craft.

Don't know if it really would work... You are welcome to shoot me down.

(/me thinks of SimCity and Civilization)

eh.......no. the soldiers would die fast and you wouldn't really get to make a team.