XCOMUFO & Xenocide

have i been scouted?

Lexshu

kay here goes, im trying superhuman and first 3 month goes well, actually so well in marts, cause of 2 city raids, that in start of april my main base is attrakted to 3 bigs ship and 1 small, the 3 big are 1 very large, 1 large and 1 medium. first i panik like shuckeroonies and then i take it easy and go shoot down the small one, ok so far so good. Then it seems my luck goes from ok to very good the very large ship lands and i send away my team gogo, then after my team returns the large ship lands and woop woop i send my team away again. and if luck isent smiling to me enough the medium lands again after my crew returns from the large one yay.

then comes 2 problems, one wich is possitive i got tons off stufff so my general stores are maxed out wich dosent allow me to buy anything before i have sortet out the logistic problems first. then here comes my negative problem: less and hours from my huge succes campain my secound base wich is newly build is patroled by 3 big ship and a small one on the other side of the planet.... i cant shoot anything down and my team is too far away to do any good, i try send my team to asia and im lucky enough to time my flight so i get to catch a small ship that has landed, but the other ships are gone and instead a alian base has turned up in the fhilippines just south of my secound base in china.

Heres comes my big question: have both my bases been deteckted or was i lucky enough to avoid it? and did the secound alien mob arive cause i killed all ships near my first base or would they appear both places regardlesss to my actions?

Sounds more like a "alien base" fleet... Try patrolling the areas the landings took place in a skyranger and see if a base pops up. If so.. then it was in fact an alien base, not an infiltration fleet.

they did build a base in asia where my secound base is, bit i just find it weird that they first flew over my main base alot and landed near by and then after i took care of them they just send a new party over to my ecound base and then build their own base close to my base... of all the map they send alien ships so close to my bases it sems they know its there.. or perhaps they dont?

Where are your bases?

Europe, South East Asia, and North America are very common "first choices" for alien bases. It wouldn't be a stretch to think it's just coincidence that they built 2 bases near your first bases. Although, 1 of them could have been an infiltration mission. How far are you into the game (by months?) and are both of your bases strike bases and if only one base is a strike base, which is it?

Also, when you target the base in Asia, does it say "Alien Base-1" or "Alien Base-2" and have you discovered any more bases and which fleet came first? The one in Asia or elsewhere?

Edit: I just reread your post and gleened some details from it.

Your second base is the newly built one and is less likely to have been detected so it is very likely that the aliens were just building a 2nd base. I would suggest scouting the area with your transport and seeing if you can locate it. Just move your skyranger over various areas on the map around your base and have it "patrol" each area for a few hours at a time. This should allow you to detect the second base. It's also possible this was an infiltration fleet. If you do not find an alien base, you may lose funding from the country they landed in next month. If this is the case, there's really not much you can do about it.

Edited by EtherImp

Where are your bases?

Europe, South East Asia, and North America are very common "first choices" for alien bases. It wouldn't be a stretch to think it's just coincidence that they built 2 bases near your first bases. Although, 1 of them could have been an infiltration mission. How far are you into the game (by months?) and are both of your bases strike bases and if only one base is a strike base, which is it? Aliens are more likely to infiltrate strike bases than others.

well my main base is in america, my second i build around china, the first force of aliens flew around my main strike base but i manage to kill alll when they landed on the ground, but less than 1 hour after that their where another alien party at my newly made secound base and i couldnt do anything there so they made a base just south off chine.

i think its odd they went to try build a base at my main base and then when that failed they try at my secound base. So im thinking they have spottet my bases..

Btw im in start of april month.

edit : its alien 1 base gladly :D

Edited by Lexshu

So, just to clarify the situation:

You have 1 base (main strike) in America.

You have 1 base (new) in Asia/China

Alien fleet lands near American base, you destroy all the ships.

Alien fleet lands near your China base, you are unable to respond.

You find Alien Base in Asia shortly there-after?

If you found an Alien Base in (or near) China, then the fleet in Asia was on an Alien Base mission.

The fleet in America could have been infiltration OR alien base OR POSSIBLY retaliation. There's no way to be completely sure until 1 of 3 things happens:

1. You get attacked.

2. You find an alien base in America.

3. You lose funding from America.

Finding an alien base in America is probably the best of those options.. Especially if you're dealing with Snakemen or Floaters. Free money/resources/training.

Getting attacked isn't so bad as long as it's not against Ethereals or Sectiods... But even sectiods shouldn't be much of a problem by April assuming you have Plasmas/Lasers and know how to avoid getting owned by Psi.

Losing funding from America can be a minor setback but once you get some factory bases going and can raid alien supply ships your income from America should be the least of your worries.

So, just to clarify the situation:

You have 1 base (main strike) in America.

You have 1 base (new) in Asia/China

Alien fleet lands near American base, you destroy all the ships.

Alien fleet lands near your China base, you are unable to respond.

You find Alien Base in Asia shortly there-after?

If you found an Alien Base in (or near) China, then the fleet in Asia was on an Alien Base mission.

The fleet in America could have been infiltration OR alien base OR POSSIBLY retaliation. There's no way to be completely sure until 1 of 3 things happens:

1. You get attacked.

2. You find an alien base in America.

3. You lose funding from America.

Finding an alien base in America is probably the best of those options.. Especially if you're dealing with Snakemen or Floaters. Free money/resources/training.

Getting attacked isn't so bad as long as it's not against Ethereals or Sectiods... But even sectiods shouldn't be much of a problem by April assuming you have Plasmas/Lasers and know how to avoid getting owned by Psi.

Losing funding from America can be a minor setback but once you get some factory bases going and can raid alien supply ships your income from America should be the least of your worries.

yup u got it right but

the thing i like to know is: has the secound alien party anything to do with the fact that i defend the first party since it came withing hours after i killed the first alien party, and does it mean they know where my bases are cause it seems odd they first try a base at my main then at my secound.

Not necessarily.

The 2nd group was DEFINITELY on an alien base mission assuming you located the alien base in Asia AFTER the fleet arrived. Usually when alien bases are created you will see:

1 Small (Large Scout)

2 Large (Supply ships)

1 Extra Large (Battleship)

Each one of them will fly in at high speeds, then slow down, scout around for a bit, and slowly land 1 by 1, and hang out for a bit, and then take off. Right after they take off (or maybe right when they land?), an alien base is created somewhere on the map NEAR where they landed.. Usually within an area approximately the size of China.

That means the only identification in question is that of the first fleet.

Not necessarily.

The 2nd group was DEFINITELY on an alien base mission assuming you located the alien base in Asia AFTER the fleet arrived. Usually when alien bases are created you will see:

1 Small (Large Scout)

2 Large (Supply ships)

1 Extra Large (Battleship)

Each one of them will fly in at high speeds, then slow down, scout around for a bit, and slowly land 1 by 1, and hang out for a bit, and then take off. Right after they take off (or maybe right when they land?), an alien base is created somewhere on the map NEAR where they landed.. Usually within an area approximately the size of China.

That means the only identification in question is that of the first fleet.

well funny enough the way u explain their behavier that's exatly how they behave at my main base and the second, the thing is i was lucky enough at my main base everytime they landed i sent a crew after them, all 3 big ships and i gunned the small one. but after they failed at america they tryed like 1-2 hours later in asia where they succeeded cause i couldnt do anything over there yet. but was the 2. party going to come no matter what happend to the first party or did they only show up cause they failed in america?

They were probably 2 different species of aliens.. (do you know by chance what the 2nd group was?). Their actions are likely not connected. You probably just got lucky having a base right next to where they wanted to build one, as they have no idea where your 2nd base is since you've never used any interceptors from it (right?), and they would need to fly right over it to even have a CHANCE of locating it. But again, it's already been determined that the 2nd fleet was indeed an alien base mission.

The thing that confuses me is that you said the first group was: XtraLarge, Large, Medium, Small? There aren't usually medium ships in Alien Base fleets.

Also, the alien base is generally created after the battleship and supply ships land.. Since you raided all 3-4 ships, were any of them supply ships?

If not, then you're probably dealing with Alien Infiltration in America, and NOT Alien Base. I do not think Alien Infiltration missions use supply ships, but Alien Base fleets definitely do. So, if there were no supply ships, then you're definitely NOT dealing with a 2nd alien base.

They were probably 2 different species of aliens.. (do you know by chance what the 2nd group was?). Their actions are likely not connected. You probably just got lucky having a base right next to where they wanted to build one, as they have no idea where your 2nd base is since you've never used any interceptors from it (right?), and they would need to fly right over it to even have a CHANCE of locating it. But again, it's already been determined that the 2nd fleet was indeed an alien base mission.

The thing that confuses me is that you said the first group was: XtraLarge, Large, Medium, Small? There aren't usually medium ships in Alien Base fleets.

Also, the alien base is generally created after the battleship and supply ships land.. Since you raided all 3-4 ships, were any of them supply ships?

If not, then you're probably dealing with Alien Infiltration in America, and NOT Alien Base. I do not think Alien Infiltration missions use supply ships, but Alien Base fleets definitely do. So, if there were no supply ships, then you're definitely NOT dealing with a 2nd alien base.

well im not so familyer with the ships but the ones i raided at my main base was : 1 battleship im very certain had 200 elyrium and blaster boms plus 3 lvls in the ship, secound ships i raider had only 2 lvls but 200 elyrium as well and looked like a ship used for terrorising a city had those reapers around. last of the big ships i raided was a ship with 150 elyrium but 3 lvl's so maybe not a medi ship but allso large just other type of ship. hope that helps u

Yes.. That's a Large "Supply" Ship. There's only 2 medium ships in the game, I think..

Very Small (small scout)

Small (medium scout)

Small2 (large scout)

Medium (Abductor)

Medium2 (Harvester)

Large (Terror ship)

Large2 (Supply ship)

Very Large (Battleship)

Scouts do all kinds of routine stuff.. All 3 types.

Harvesters and abductors almost always land, and their "activities" give aliens points, but they are not necessarily an immediate threat.

Terror ships are always on terror missions.

Supply ships are always on Alien Base and resupply missions.

Battleships are either on Infiltration, Alien Base, or Retaliation missions. In the case of Infiltration and Alien base they will act rather similar (I think).. In the case of retaliation missions they will make a very aggressive and fast B-line directly for your base and attack you.

Yes.. That's a Large "Supply" Ship. There's only 2 medium ships in the game, I think..

Very Small (small scout)

Small (medium scout)

Small2 (large scout)

Medium (Abductor)

Medium2 (Harvester)

Large (Terror ship)

Large2 (Supply ship)

Very Large (Battleship)

Scouts do all kinds of routine stuff.. All 3 types.

Harvesters and abductors almost always land, and their "activities" give aliens points, but they are not necessarily an immediate threat.

Terror ships are always on terror missions.

Supply ships are always on Alien Base and resupply missions.

Battleships are either on Infiltration, Alien Base, or Retaliation missions. In the case of Infiltration and Alien base they will act rather similar (I think).. In the case of retaliation missions they will make a very aggressive and fast B-line directly for your base and attack you.

they 3 buttonms ships on your list are the ones i meet at my main base, plus a small ship :D so it was a terror ship one of them.

thanks for your fast reply, im off to cinema now so ill be back laters

weird that a terror ship lands with a supply ship and a battleship.

Yeah.. very interesting indeed. Have fun at the movies. Maybe one of the other "gurus" here like NFK, Stewart, Or Zombie knows what kind of fleet that was.

It's very rare for Terror ships to land unless they are actually terrorizing a city.

Well, they don't always do attacks on cities and can take other roles. I seem to recall seeing Battleships used in the non-primary roles such as completing a retaliation scouting wave or used during the end of the large fleet maneuvers.

Just skimming through the posts, it sounds like a coincidence that two mass fleets decided to do something near your two bases.

I don't seem to recall retaliation fleets running in large numbers (4 to 5) like the base construction or infiltration fleets, but just want point out that the aliens don't appear to take as much notice of you if you attack the UFOs on the ground without shooting them down. Therefore it's likely they haven't spotted your bases But as always, some randomness may be involved.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Well, they don't always do attacks on cities and can take other roles. I seem to recall seeing Battleships used in the non-primary roles such as completing a retaliation scouting wave or used during the end of the large fleet maneuvers.

Just skimming through the posts, it sounds like a coincidence that two mass fleets decided to do something near your two bases.

I don't seem to recall retaliation fleets running in large numbers (4 to 5) like the base construction or infiltration fleets, but just want point out that the aliens don't appear to take as much notice of you if you attack the UFOs on the ground without shooting them down. Therefore it's likely they haven't spotted your bases But as always, some randomness may be involved.

- NKF

could it be that a group off big ships and a terror ship randomly apear in the same area and therefor the mix of types, i mean maybe theres was a unit on the mission to build a base and then there was a terror ship planning to make terror on a city there as well. but yes odd that the terror ship lands but i dunno seems abit too random that the fleet around my second base came right after i stopped the first fleet at my main base.

Yeah.. very interesting indeed. Have fun at the movies. Maybe one of the other "gurus" here like NFK, Stewart, Or Zombie knows what kind of fleet that was.

It's very rare for Terror ships to land unless they are actually terrorizing a city.

watched publik enemy wasnet what i thought it was but still a good movie, i think i had too big exspectations off it so ive seen better movies.

yes very rare that terror lands, just as rare i get to ganked 3 big ships shortly after each other near my main base and then a hole new group appear near my second base... well anyways it helped my moneybank alot and that not a bad thing at all.

Did you ever figure out what kind of fleet that was?

yes u where right, they made a base in the usa allso i havent spottet it but i did gank 2 supply sjips i i gues where they land the base is :D so now i have 2 alien bases next to my own bases giving me some nice options, farming thwem or ganking them or perhaps ganking 1 and farm the other :D