XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Video Card...matrox G550

Marp

Hi guys, 1st of all great to know that there are more xcom lovers out there.

i have the matrox g550 video card and i just downloaded the game and i have the problem discribed on the faq:

"I see the menu, but the earth is just a gray ball with a shadow."

now i tryed to find how to disabling antialiasing, but i could not found anything...

i was wondering if someone could help me, or its just my card that doesent work with the game

thanks in advance...

Marp

I would suggest you ask in this Matrox forum:

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewforum.php?f=43

how you should disable the antialiasing. However, please note that I believe your card does not meet the minimum system requirements for the game, and though it supports opengl, it may not be capable of the vertex shaders needed to run the game, either.

your 5200FX is way overrated, Facehugger. My G4Ti4200 is actually about 70% faster! :happybanana:

Here's a few benchmarks, for quick reference. Or, you can read the article from the beginning, if that floats your boat.

If you want to know, MX means "divide the series by 2". So the G4MX's listed there are about as powerful as a G2. :rolleyes:

I wish video card manufacturers would get with the program, and use numbers that reflect ACTUAL performance, instead of their dumb meaningless model numbers... <_>

yes, it's sad, I bought an FX5200 from ASUS several months ago just to support dual head, nothing more. But I also tought it would be a heck lot faster than a GF4200. Not!

I had a GFMX440 and there's almost no noticable speed improvement. Ok, it does support DX9, but that's about it, except from the dual head. So, it's an ok card for simple rendering when u just need 2 screens, like for instance with architects or prototype model designers or so.

All the gamers out there: DON'T buy this card, it's crap! <_>

well thanks i will try on that board.

i really need the dual monitor feature so i guess if this wont work, i will have to have my pc case open all the time so that i change boards just to play ;)

thanks again

Marp

You could probably plug in both cards and disable the one you're not using in the control panel. You should just have to disable the active one, enable the other one, and then restart and switch the monitor cable. A pain either way, unfortunately.

I'm happy with my 5200. Well, not really. That's why I'm looking at one of them new 5950s or Radeon 9800XTs. But a 5200 works fine for the games I want to run. Besides, when you are upgrading from a 64mb GF2MX, anything seems fast ;)