XCOMUFO & Xenocide

When Geoscape Doesn't Run At All...

tstaddon

System as follows: P4 1.7Ghz system running XP Service Pack 1, DirectX 9.0B optimized for SIS 650_740 onboard GPU and 512B of RAM.

When loading, mouse pointer disappears completely and I get a blank popup window. After 20 seconds or so, I hear a bit of music accompanied by a Windows error report dialog box.

The log files appear to be completely empty.

Any thoughts?

I've attached a DXDIAG report in case it's of any help.

DxDiag.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Xenocide is being migrated to a full blown 3D rendering engine named OGRE... Their hardware configuration will be different, alpha 4- were just a concept work, to see what we wanted to do. None of that code is being used now. That is why Alpha 4 is currently very unsupported, you can always download the video that Micah made to see what we want to accomplish.

I can promise you that we wont have that problems, but I cannot say that we may have similar (those that for the outsiders -non coders- looks the same but they are not), or new ones even if we are trying very hard not to make mistakes...

Greetings

Red Knight

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for those comments.

I am a bit surprised that you think this GFX card is below minimum spec, when you say the minimum spec is a GF2.

I also have a Geforce2 MX, and I did try it in this system. The onboard GFX on this P4 mobo wiped the floor with it when playing Unreal Tournament, UT2003, Jedi Outcast, Return to Castle Wolfenstein... which is why said geforce card is rotting in a drawer somewhere.

I know the card isn't even half-good by today's standards, but it is newer than the Geforce2 and it puts in a far more respectable show on the latest games than my venerable Geforce2 MX does!