XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - ACTIVE SFX - Raptor Screams

kelargo

Hi Kelargo!

Great to see some Raptor sounds! Let's see what I can say. Hmm... Is that a highly modified lion roar? (keep in mind that I'm listening thru poor laptop speakers so I can't hear the whole spectrum; I'm not at home)

die1: great, but pitch it down, sounds like a miniraptor

die2: same thing

die3: superb

die4: superb

die5: beginning is great, second part seems to be a second raptor that is more near. I would delete the end.

die6: same as 5, resambles too much, so it's not really usefull

scream1: hehehe, a horse I think, great, I'd just put some more effect to mask the origin

scream2: nice, maybe pitch it a bit lower

scream3: great

scream4: great

scream5: great

scream6: great

for all the sounds: maybe a bit more tweaking to disguise the source; besides that great work!

cheers,

ATeX

Hehehe, that's some nice work there kelargo!

Indeed, sound effects (in general :wink1:) need much work in order to sound real. Further processing and "silly-happy tuning" may produce a "nice surprise" :).

I'm waiting for your 2nd version of the packet, and I will upload it :)

Keep up the good work pal! =b

let's see...

all "d2" versions sound much better! Great work!

Now, what you still need to do is to convert the files to mono. The positioning system in OGRE will handle the stereo placement.

If you have some more time, you could try to add a very specific characteristic to all the sounds in order to improve the coherence between them.

cheers,

ATeX

should the format be ogg or wav? the bug said wav, but other sounds in svn are ogg.

I'll try and figure out how to make them more coherent...

let's see...

all "d2" versions sound much better! Great work!

Now, what you still need to do is to convert the files to mono. The positioning system in OGRE will handle the stereo placement.

If you have some more time, you could try to add a very specific characteristic to all the sounds in order to improve the coherence between them.

cheers,

ATeX

.ogg format is especially for music files (because of large size). For short lenght sound it is up to you what do you want to use, but it is common to use wav files for it. Remeber that this sounds will be processed in game so they should be in good quality.

Greetigs,

Beetle