XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In X-com (g)

i'll like to see you post a 70+ turns terror mission in tftd.

i think that's Crus8r's job, he's the one with the tftd game (which hasn't even completed a mission :P ).

besides, it's x-com's fault for not giving us a terror site :/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways, i decided to get the game running on school time. i just don't have time to play missions ;)

anyways, what happened... our Interceptors now have Plasma Cannons :)

plasma_cannons.png

march's over and still no terror sites :cussing:

countries are probably mad because a small ufo and a very large ufo got away from us. the minute they see the interceptors they run away in seconds.

march_over.png

woo, we got a MEDIUM ufo crash site. let's see if this one proves to be a challenge.

if the game remains this boring i'm moving to TFTD superhuman. should be more fun :)

of course, the mission will be played on the weekend (or wednesday. i have most of the day available).

mission8_start.png

We seriously need to get out more and bring home some better junk for our lab staff to play around with. :)

We also need some means of support. Let's encourage the snakemen or floaters to set up a residency nearby. The occasional supply ship raid should balance our accounts rather adequately and keep the funding nations quiet. It's a bit underhanded to be exploiting the general stupidty of our foes, but we do need to have something to do during those long and eventless months.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

We also need some means of support. Let's encourage the snakemen or floaters to set up a residency nearby. The occasional supply ship raid should balance our accounts rather adequately and keep the funding nations quiet. It's a bit underhanded to be exploiting the general stupidty of our foes, but we do need to have something to do during those long and eventless months.

- NKF

and how, prey tell, do we do that? i doubt we just go there and say "come and build a base here and we won't give you any trouble!" :devillaugh:

though i've had a TFTD game when the aliens built a base just some meters away from my base. the zrbite flowed in spectacularly :naughty:

Wich skyranger is going?

Well, we probably can't encourage anyone just yet, but after we have a hyperwave decoder, it will probably be much easier when we are able to decode mission data.

It'll probably take a while, but it's something to look forward to.

- NKF

woo, wednesday at last. so... back to business.

Turn 1

NKF - Sir, I've spotted the crashed UFO.

- What, already? Where is it?

NKF - Right next to us. Boy, did our interceptors hit it.

- Ok then, spread and search. You guys on front check the UFO, the rest of you check the site for any hidden aliens.

btw, nkf, you're the only one with a laser rifle since we ran out of plasma ones ;)

mission8_turn1.png

Edited by SupSuper

It looks prety damaged. I think the scientists will have low materials to work....

Sounds like I'm first off the ship. Not good.

Er, if I survive this mission, can I humbly decline the plasma rifle and request that my laser rifle be traded in for a suit of personal armour and my old gear of a laser pistol and some grenades? Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I need to stick to what I'm good at. (I mean, as evident by my previous combat history, I'm hopeless with guns ;) )

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Sounds like I'm first off the ship. Not good.

Er, if I survive this mission, can I humbly decline the plasma rifle and request that my laser rifle be traded in for a suit of personal armour and my old gear of a laser pistol and some grenades? Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I need to stick to what I'm good at. ;)

- NKF

sure. u only haven't got personal armor because there's not any available. however, i'll have a laser pistol manufactured just for u (specially because u're truly suking with the laser rifle) ;)

Turn 2 (cont.)

NKF - Let me get him.

ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!

NKF - 6 misses? Again?!?

mission8_turn2_1.zip

Very lucky endeed...in superhuman i tought medium UFO were very dificult to beat. Could it be that the Interseptors plasma cannons could have done more damage that predicted?

Turn 4

NKF - How are we gonna go up to the next floor of the UFO? This thing is a wreck, I don't see anything still working.

remysweet - I think I've spotted some sort of lift in the middle of all this debris and fire. Better check it out.

*later*

remysweet - Uh-oh!

WOOSH... BOOM!

remysweet - Ok, this floor is clear. Let's check the next one.

NKF - Roger.

- Jenny, XcomVic, go back'em up.

Jenny & XcomVic - Roger.

mission8_turn4.zip

Edited by SupSuper

Turn 5

remysweet - I'm up here. Phew, no more smoke. Hmmm... part of the floor is missing... I'll have to go the other way. NKF, Jenny, get up here.

NKF & Jenny - Roger.

remysweet - No aliens in sight up here.

mission8_turn5.png

Turn 6

NKF - Wow, there's a fire blocking the passage.

remysweet - Jump over it, then.

NKF - Roger. Hmmm... more broken floor. I hope it doesn't fall when he get over it.

remysweet - Indeed. And I hope nothing falls on me. Our Interceptors sure wasted this UFO.

Jenny - I'm up here. Still no aliens in sight.

remysweet - Roger.

mission8_turn6.png

Turn 7

NKF - I heard a door. There must be someone up here. Alright, time to get over the damaged floor.

*walks*

NKF - Phew. Alright, you can move in, it's safe. And... wow, an alien!

*hides*

remysweet - Alright, I'm coming over. Whoops!

*slips*

*falls*

remysweet - Ouch! That hurt. Damn floor! Jenny, you better go backup NKF.

Jenny - Roger.

Turn 8

NKF - What the? Where did he go?

*later*

NKF - Better check this room. Holy crap! Two aliens!

*hides*

Jenny - Why do you keep hiding?

NKF - Because I keep running out of TUs.

Jenny - Alright, I'll get'em.

edit: please, no jokes about the screenshot ;)

mission8_turn8.png

Edited by SupSuper

What jokes would u expect. This is serious....u better get remysweet up there.

You should disreguard losses and attack immediatly with both of them! Send me in if you have to, but I demand a frontal assualt! Okay okay, I request a frontal assault. Besides, this seems far to easy to be superhuman... maybe your just really good...

Dean "ATTACK!" Franz

EDIT: Wow, I am the world slowest typist...

Edited by deanfrz

He can't order a frontal atack with both of them.... u have to think about the lost of rank of those who die.

Note: I know ppl who are more slow to write that u ^_^ . Don't push yourself too hard...

What jokes would u expect. This is serious....u better get remysweet up there.

well, if u don't get it, better for u, me, NKF and jenny :P

Turn 10

ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!

*misses*

Jenny - Ha ha!

ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!

Jenny - Ok, he's dead. Mission over.

mission8_turn10.zip

Edited by SupSuper

sorry about the delay, was having lunch.

anyways...

Turn 11

- Sorry Jenny, but our sensors detect that there's still an alien around

Jenny - What? Impossible.

- Better check the barns.

Jenny - Alright. I better heal NKF so that he doesn't die during the search.

- Roger.

*later*

XcomVic - I spotted remains of Cpl. Facehugger's misguided rocket.

mission8_turn11.png

Nice...good job there. U made me sweath for a while... ^_^

Edit: then again i migh sweath some more.... <_< (mission over hun?)

Edited by Black Dash

was I on the craft at all?

nope, you're a replacement :P

don't worry, you're gonna replace NKF (which will be in the hospital for 36 days. let's see if its this time that the base falls without his help ;) ).

anyways, updates, updates.

i updated ufo to v1.4, which fixed the Personal Armor entry and some overall speed / sound problems. if something goes wrong with the update i've got a backup of ufo, so no worries. i haven't noticed any sound / music problemas as you all seem to mention :)

Sectoid Corpse research is complete.

sectoid_autopsy.png

and we got a new living quarters, so i decided to buy a couple of scientists and Kamikazee. i just hope our funding is enough for their wagers ;)

edit:

'Mr. F, the engineers would like to report that your laser pistol is done.'

'And what am I supposed to do with it? I'm out of combat!'

'Don't worry, Mr. F, only 26 days remaining until you can go back there.'

*mutters*

'That is, if you don't come back here again the minute you're in combat.'

'Just shut up!'

:LOL:

living_quarters.png

Edited by SupSuper

There should be no sound/music problems because of the patch, but the sectoid death screams are screwed...

ah, i see. they're the same ones as the CE :whatwhat:

anyways, updates: UFO Navigation research completed. Now researching Elerium-115...

ufo_navigation.png