XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - Psionic Training Facility

Mad

Guest Azrael

Hey.. what the... where did you get my "Completed" stickers?... stay away from my locker! :cussing:

Anyway, Psionic Theory has been completed, so read it and see if it's compatible, I'll take a look when I come back :)

Anyway, Psionic Theory has been completed, so read it and see if it's compatible, I'll take a look when I come back :)

Reread both CTs, think mine is compatible to the Psionic Theory.

Corrected some spelling errors to reduce phase two work :)

[PSIONIC LAB]

X-Net://Pegasus.Net/Facilities/[Psi Lab]

Since the early 30´s scientists have been working on the evaluation of psionic ability in humans. Experiments into this field resulted in varying outcomes, which either rejected the theory as non-rational or promoted it as a "yet unknown scientific issue", but none were successful enough to condone additional funding to the field. Only after the alien encounter we had solid proof to support the existence of this power. After close examination of certain captured alien beings, interestingly we observed that only Cloaks and high ranking Greys are able to make extensive use of their powers, which led us to the identification of an enzyme only produced by these individuals. It is not clear why only high-ranking Greys are able to produce this enzyme, but we suspect a genetic altering by another species that has been performed specifically on these individuals, as the controlling species might fear a loss of control could occur if every alien was capable of using psionic powers. In addition to this, it is highly likable, that only those with superior intelligence and natural psionic talent are chosen to be modified.

However, the enzyme resonating to neural activity and amplifying brain waves allows these Aliens to create a strong psionic field, and project it onto an intelligent target. It seems that, though humans possess the ability to create weak psionic fields, compared to those the Aliens create, a profound training of the soldier’s ability to concentrate, especially over longer periods, is crucial for effective use.

The Psionic Laboratory contains ten small compartments with several devices allowing an effective training of the soldiers. The heart of each training unit is a device named as psionic projector, which is using the alien enzyme to create a psionic field, forcing the trainees brain to constantly deal with changing influences, while his task is to rapidly adapt his own psionic output to a given pattern countering such an influence, training the soldiers ability to "formulate" his thoughts, thus not only raising his experience with his psi powers but also ensuring his possibility to use them even in highly stressing field situations. To strengthen the candidate's ability to focus on a certain task, new computer programs have been written which constantly monitor the users brain activity during the completion of the above mentioned, and other focus improving tasks, allowing himself and his supervisor to observe the current state of the training and to modify the exercise routine as necessary. A newly developed brain interface device reads the original brainwaves via head mounted electrodes, thus allowing the interpretation not only of the waves which are developed via the soldiers psionic field, but of the intended effect and – interfacing with the Psionic Projector "reinject" the waves into the applicants brain, allowing it to perform a sub cognitional comparison between the desired and the resulting "output".

In addition to this, extensive psychological sessions are performed since we could confirm numerous personal problems like massive fear, adjustment disorders, depression, self chosen isolation, hallucinations, paranoia, various cases of schizophrenia and suicide attempts,  evolving from excessive use of psionic powers. It seems that, for the untrained brain, confrontation with extrasensory perception has a devastating effect.

"Me? No I’m no splitted personality! Me neither!"

- Protocol of psychological analysis of volunteer Capt. John Trondsen after 14 hours of excessive psionic training

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed outdated names, uploaded to SVN.

---------

PSIONIC TRAINING FACILITY

X-Net://Pegasus.Net/Facilities/Psionic Training Facility

Since the early 30´s scientists have been working on the evaluation of psionic ability in humans. Experiments into this field resulted in varying outcomes, which either rejected the theory as non-rational or promoted it as a "yet unknown scientific issue", but none were successful enough to condone additional funding to the field. Only after the alien encounter we had solid proof to support the existence of this power. After close examination of certain captured alien beings, interestingly we observed that only Cloaks and high ranking Greys are able to make extensive use of their powers, which led us to the identification of an enzyme only produced by these individuals. It is not clear why only high-ranking Greys are able to produce this enzyme, but we suspect a genetic altering by another species that has been performed specifically on these individuals, as the controlling species might fear a loss of control could occur if every alien was capable of using psionic powers. In addition to this, it is highly likable, that only those with superior intelligence and natural psionic talent are chosen to be modified.

However, the enzyme resonating to neural activity and amplifying brain waves allows these Aliens to create a strong psionic field, and project it onto an intelligent target. It seems that, though humans possess the ability to create weak psionic fields, compared to those the Aliens create, a profound training of the soldier’s ability to concentrate, especially over longer periods, is crucial for effective use.

The Psionic Training Facility contains ten small compartments with several devices allowing an effective training of the soldiers. The heart of each training unit is a device named as psionic projector, which is using the alien enzyme to create a psionic field, forcing the trainees brain to constantly deal with changing influences, while his task is to rapidly adapt his own psionic output to a given pattern countering such an influence, training the soldiers ability to "formulate" his thoughts, thus not only raising his experience with his psi powers but also ensuring his possibility to use them even in highly stressing field situations. To strengthen the candidate's ability to focus on a certain task, new computer programs have been written which constantly monitor the users brain activity during the completion of the above mentioned, and other focus improving tasks, allowing himself and his supervisor to observe the current state of the training and to modify the exercise routine as necessary. A newly developed brain interface device reads the original brainwaves via head mounted electrodes, thus allowing the interpretation not only of the waves which are developed via the soldiers psionic field, but of the intended effect and – interfacing with the Psionic Projector "reinject" the waves into the applicants brain, allowing it to perform a sub cognitional comparison between the desired and the resulting "output".

In addition to this, extensive psychological sessions are performed since we could confirm numerous personal problems like massive fear, adjustment disorders, depression, self chosen isolation, hallucinations, paranoia, various cases of schizophrenia and suicide attempts, evolving from excessive use of psionic powers. It seems that, for the untrained brain, confrontation with extrasensory perception has a devastating effect.

"Me? No I’m no splitted personality! Me neither!"

- Protocol of psychological analysis of volunteer Capt. John Trondsen after 14 hours of excessive psionic training

Remember this facility is also for testing of current psi abilities :)

I think we will have to leave this on stand-by here for a while, as we don't have an Art model to verify and this text heavily relies on one.

[...]

I think we will have to leave this on stand-by here for a while, as we don't have an Art model to verify and this text heavily relies on one.

*Sniff* my baby... :(

Could you keep me posted on the model? I will try to keep an eye on this, but four eyes see more than two... :)

• 9 months later...
ok, just for my refference: the player may not have encountered cloaks at the time he researches psionics.... nice catch brick-to-face. And, Kafros, this might be an answer after a loooong time, but it's stalled, because of the dependency on the AWD model....

Once some concept art is ready, I'll prepare a draft

No you won't. this is my CT, and I for sure will take care of it. :) Thanks for the offer...

If it is your CT, then of course you'll be the one to prepare the next draft!

Then, what would this mean?

And, Kafros, this might be an answer after a loooong time, but it's stalled, because of the dependency on the AWD model....

Edited by kafros

And, Kafros, this might be an answer after a loooong time, but it's stalled, because of the dependency on the AWD model....

Are you kiddin' me or am I getting delusional? Yesterday evening I could've sworn there was a post of you asking why this CT hasn't been moved to complete yet... Strange things happen around here.... *searches* oh yes... here it is... http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=128481

But I don't recall why I mistook this as the last one... well... I'm getting :Old: I guess... :P

Edit: And the reason is... behold...: it's the last post of the first page... guess I shouldn't work when I'm in a hurry...

Edited by Mad

Guest Azrael

Are you kiddin' me or am I getting delusional? Yesterday evening I could've sworn there was a post of you asking why this CT hasn't been moved to complete yet... Strange things happen around here.... *searches* oh yes... here it is... http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=128481

But I don't recall why I mistook this as the last one... well... I'm getting :Old: I guess... :P

Edit: And the reason is... behold...: it's the last post of the first page... guess I shouldn't work when I'm in a hurry...

You're just drunk again.

• 1 year later...
please, oh please, dont do the George Lucas on us. symbiotic bacteria sounds too much like "midichlorians". and everyone hates that idea :)

:WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF:

"Midichlorians"??????????????????

George Lucas is the movie producer who made all/most star-wars and Indiana Jones movies, right? I don't know what he thinks, and I don't even want to know :P.

Everyones hates the idea, huh? That's why I've never ever heard about symbiotic bacteria in movies??? :hammer:

Bacteria sounds more rational that just an enzyme, see above for the reason :OhBrother:

Edit:

and everyone hates that idea

Everyone in HERE? Because if you mean movie producers, people etc, then why don't you say that PSI exists due to psions, which are particles undetectable in accelerators?

Cloaks send us psions and mind control us . Pfff....*sign* :OhBrother: :OhBrother: :OhBrother: :OhBrother:

I'm not playing George Lucas, I just try to find a sensible and cool solution... :Brickwall:

... Proof that I was too young and immature back then OMG

Use the force and run, young padawan! ^_^