• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:25 AM

UFO-Aftermath, X-Com Last Hope, Xenocide...
What are these?! About 2 months ago I thought there would never be another X-Com again! Now I have seen three potential sequals allready!

UFO-Aftermath looks nice but I curse the idiot who decided to make the game realtime or as they say "combination of best sides in turn based and realtime strategy" Well when ever it will be released, what ever are the system requirements, what ever any preview or review will say. I will even sell my mother to get fast enough computer and the game.
link:
http://www.ufo-aftermath.com/

And the second one.. Last Hope Mod? Is it a game or is it a movie? I have no idea? Has anyone any information about this? Just tell me is it a game or a movie please :)
link:
http://www.lasthopemod.com/

And at last but not least, Xenocide. When is it coming? I know that the people at xcomufo.com has made sure that they will make the game turn based.. I must say that I loooooove xcoms :wub: Does someone know when this game is "released" And would it be a good idea to ask money from the fans to speed up the remake? :huh:

Jeah, well.. That's it for today. I hope someone has somthing to say about these..
There's no need for a sig..

#2 Kaiser

Kaiser

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 03:35 AM

Aftermath is not part of the X-com story, since it takes place...

*thinks*

Around TFTD i think, but the first and second alien invasion have never happened if i remember correctly.

#3 Xracer

Xracer

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:20 PM

you are right UFO: AM is not part of the story line
also the is another game based on the Xcom series, its called EDF "Earth Defence Force"
www.edf-project.org but lately it has died out a little but there is still some people working on it
Is not the size of the dog in the fight, is the size of the fight in the dog that matters.

#4 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:22 PM

Nyyperoid, check the xenocide page in a couple of days for a new FAQ I will be putting up. It should answer your questions about the project.

#5 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 12:26 AM

I'll waiting for the faq.. :blink:
There's no need for a sig..

#6 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 02:01 PM

It's up. Go here:
www.xcomufo.com/xenocide/

#7 Anton

Anton

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 04:53 AM

UFO-Aftermath looks nice but I curse the idiot who decided to make the game realtime or as they say "combination of best sides in turn based and realtime strategy"

Hey, have you ever heard of X-Com Apocalypse? It's the last and the best in the X-com series and it IS real-time / turn-based

#8 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 11:56 AM

Have we heard of X-COM: Apocalypse? Um, it's been out for about 6 years so yes, we've heard of it.

#9 Dirty Harry Potter

Dirty Harry Potter

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:43 PM

Aftermath looks like a X-com'ified Fallout Tactics game to me, and i think it's going to be bad - but maybe the devs will do a good job, and save the game from the sequel/unfinished feeling.

#10 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 09:47 PM

Well, we will see in a few months.