Photo

Unconcious/Stunned Sectoid, mission didn't end.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akimb0

Akimb0

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

I downed a Terror ship, on my lookout for another alien leader to capture, while I pass the time waiting for the aliens to get a base set up on Earth, so I can raid it.

Everything went well, I had a scary run in with a cyberdisc which I managed to survive, but anyway, I was inside stunning Sectoids and I was 100% sure I'd stunned or killed everyone, since I had a soldier in every part of the ship, yet the game wouldn't end.

Finally I found a lone sectoid soldier, with no weapons just wandering about. I'm not sure what was going on, since he should have been seen by my soldiers in the ship and if he was unconcious/stunned, shouldn't the mission have ended? Maybe he was just out of my line of sight?

Has anyone ever had something similar happen, with a unit actually right under your nose?

(p.s. good job he didn't have a heavy plasma...)

#2 SaintD

SaintD

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

I downed a Terror ship, on my lookout for another alien leader to capture, while I pass the time waiting for the aliens to get a base set up on Earth, so I can raid it.

Everything went well, I had a scary run in with a cyberdisc which I managed to survive, but anyway, I was inside stunning Sectoids and I was 100% sure I'd stunned or killed everyone, since I had a soldier in every part of the ship, yet the game wouldn't end.

Finally I found a lone sectoid soldier, with no weapons just wandering about. I'm not sure what was going on, since he should have been seen by my soldiers in the ship and if he was unconcious/stunned, shouldn't the mission have ended? Maybe he was just out of my line of sight?

Has anyone ever had something similar happen, with a unit actually right under your nose?

(p.s. good job he didn't have a heavy plasma...)

Stunned units can wake up unless you stuff them in your backpack. So one of your victims just woke up naked and feeling drunk. Good thing they aliens don't pick up dropped weapons.

#3 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

They wake up even if you stuff them in your backpack. Never ever try to haul a live chryssalid back to the Skyranger. Even if you're flying, they'll wake up in mid air beside you.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1