Uploading new maps is not difficult at all. There is online help about formatting rules and editing wiki available.
Here are some basic instructions:
1. go to http://ufo2000.lxnt....hp/Main/NewMaps
2. click on 'edit' link at the bottom of page
3. add a description of your map and a text fragment like 'Attach:mycoolmap.zip'
4. preview and then save page
5. you will see a qustion mark after 'Attach:mycoolmap.zip' work - click on it and upload the file
It would be a good idea to package your new map just like the others - include readme.txt with some basic instructions about installing new maps, so it will be more clear what to do with all these maps for newbee players. Also conversion of all filenames to lowercase is required to use your new map in Linux.
Uploading Maps For Ufo2000/everyone Else
No replies to this topic
Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:24 AM